DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Air BnB - How will it end?

Wight Flight

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/04/2019 at 22:52, spunko said:

Better to just ban it entirely. I don't know if I'm a snob but the thought of binning off Travelodge just to save £5 and staying in someone's filthy spare bedroom doesn't appeal.

A family member has converted their basement into a windowless bedroom with a sink and charges £35 a night. Why the fuck would anyone pay that when Days Inn is the same price?

I've occasionally dipped into smaller privately owned hotels B&Bs and guesthouses, when I've had to and even they're undesirable compared to the big chains. If it's a big chain they'll have 24 hour reception so check in whenever, if you're delayed is fine and means the owners aren't waiting up and you can go out on the razz and roll back in whenever too.

Apparently though, someone was telling me, that hospitals are quite a big factor in Airbnb popularity as they're a godsend for low income families who have a child/relative in hospital and need to visit. I don't know what the average whole day car park charge is at a hospital but I bet it wouldn't be much less than an airbnb, if at all.

32 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I've occasionally dipped into smaller privately owned hotels B&Bs and guesthouses, when I've had to and even they're undesirable compared to the big chains. If it's a big chain they'll have 24 hour reception so check in whenever, if you're delayed is fine and means the owners aren't waiting up and you can go out on the razz and roll back in whenever too.

Apparently though, someone was telling me, that hospitals are quite a big factor in Airbnb popularity as they're a godsend for low income families who have a child/relative in hospital and need to visit. I don't know what the average whole day car park charge is at a hospital but I bet it wouldn't be much less than an airbnb, if at all.

All the hospitals near me have unofficial parking areas, mainly laybys and country lanes, where people park. Some of them are a good 15 min walk - same with mainline stations really round here. If I recall it's £6 an hour at my local hospital, or about £25 for the whole day.

Local station is £20 a day or £28 a week.... I have never and never will pay for a station car park when literally opposite is a housing estate without double yellow lines.

Ironically the only station round here that doesn't have anywhere to park except the car park (as it's on a B road with no laybys) is one of the least used stations in the SE officially....!

Archived