DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Top of the market topped and toppling over

spunko

5 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Rick Ackerman - a US financial guru I listen to - thinks the US market has topped out and is now expecting, wait for this, a 70% crash.

He has been trying to sell his house in Boulder, Colorado, where they used to sell within hours of coming on the market. He has been trying to sell since Spring and has had few viewers. No offers.

70% drop will take us back to what, 2004 prices (in the SE). Needs to be more...

The Masked Tulip
12 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

70% drop will take us back to what, 2004 prices (in the SE). Needs to be more...

They will find a way to raise prices in the UK if the rest of the world crashed.

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

The first one is very nice indeed, although I thought Leics was meant to be 'affordable'. I don't think they'd be much more down in Kent where I live.

sancho panza
7 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

The first one is very nice indeed, although I thought Leics was meant to be 'affordable'. I don't think they'd be much more down in Kent where I live.

FreeTrader on ToS used to post about the compartive value of some of the bigger detached places in Surrey

sancho panza

http://www.propertyindustryeye.com/prime-property-listings-hit-new-high-as-landlords-head-for-the-exit/

'An exodus of landlords from prime London properties has helped boost sales supply, data suggests.

Knight Frank’s May indices for sales and lettings that look at high-end properties in the capital show that the number of £1m-plus listings in prime central London hit the highest level since October 2016 in May at around 8,000, while supply outside of the sector was at a four-year high of more than 7,000.

The agent attributed this to landlords selling up as a result of buy-to-let tax changes.

Knight Frank said landlords now account for 13% of buyers, down from 20% in May 2014 when the buy-to-let tax changes began.

The boost in supply meant average prices in prime central London were down 1.8% and fell 3.8% on the outskirts.

In prime lettings, the dip in supply meant annual rental growth turned positive in central London for the first time since January 2016 at 1.7%.

The ratio between the number of new prospective tenants and the number of new lettings listings also rose to 4.6 in May, which was the highest figure in more than ten years.

Archived