DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

This PC is playing up

MrPin

Question

I can't find the So-Called BBC web site. Must be one of the most commonly looked up sites (for the weather).

Now if I restart my PC, the So-Called BBC is there fine. A while later it is unobtainable again. What is this?

6 answers to this question

Wight Flight
4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I can't find the So-Called BBC web site. Must be one of the most commonly looked up sites (for the weather).

Now if I restart my PC, the So-Called BBC is there fine. A while later it is unobtainable again. What is this?

Are you typing in www.socalledbbc.co.uk?

Not sure that will work.

On 17/04/2019 at 12:53, MrPin said:

Sounds like a DNS issue. A few questions:

1. do other sites suffer from this problem or just the So-Called BBC?

2. What OS are you running (type & version)?3

3. are you configured to use your ISPs DNS server or are you using something else?

3 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Sounds like a DNS issue. A few questions:

1. do other sites suffer from this problem or just the So-Called BBC?

2. What OS are you running (type & version)?3

3. are you configured to use your ISPs DNS server or are you using something else?

It does, and I don't know how. It's Win 7, and I can reload it if necessary. I just don't like to be defeated.

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It does, and I don't know how. It's Win 7, and I can reload it if necessary. I just don't like to be defeated.

Try this:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Most ISP provided DNS services are really flaky, Google is much better. Using them will mean they know your every move but they know that already anyway.

Archived