DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The pound

Green Devil

Green Devil

US just raised rates again today.

Pound Hardly moved.

On the wave pound is currently at the bottom of an impulse wave, and completed a retracement wave.

Perhaps its ready to return to normal now Theresa has potentially seen off the brexit threat with her election disaster? Usually it goes sideways before reversing. We may even go sideways until we get clarity in two years time.

pound.png

3 hours ago, Green Devil said:

US just raised rates again today.

Pound Hardly moved.

On the wave pound is currently at the bottom of an impulse wave, and completed a retracement wave.

Perhaps its ready to return to normal now Theresa has potentially seen off the brexit threat with her election disaster? Usually it goes sideways before reversing. We may even go sideways until we get clarity in two years time.

pound.png

Classic 'Downward Very Hungry Caterpillar' formation:

hungrycaterpillar.png

• Agree 1

man o' the year

My S&P investments in dollars was all over the place today. Some of it movement of equities and some of currency. There was a sharp drop in S&P while Yellen was speaking but made most of it back by end of session.

Green Devil

So Carney the scumbag opened his mouth again this week and the pound got a torched again.

SSDD, import more inflation and higher prices for the plebs.

I was listening to Channel 4 News a few days ago. It seems that Andy Haldane (?) @ the BoE wants an interest rate rise and voted in favour of it in defiance of Mark Carney.

I'd love to see a rate rise to put the wind up those who are leveraged on debt. Oh - and quite selfishly to hopefully cause property prices to drop. :D

Fuck neo-liberal economics. :(

Chewing Grass
On 24/06/2017 at 20:58, UmBongo said:

I was listening to Channel 4 News a few days ago. It seems that Andy Haldane (?) @ the BoE wants an interest rate rise and voted in favour of it in defiance of Mark Carney.

I'd love to see a rate rise to put the wind up those who are leveraged on debt. Oh - and quite selfishly to hopefully cause property prices to drop. :D

Fuck neo-liberal economics. :(

Have a read of this http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-boe-breakingviews-idUKKBN19I2AJ rather than publically raising base rates Carney and his chums are compeling lenders to increase their capital buffers and thus raise their rates to cover. So the cost of borrowing goes up but the B of E base rate remains the same for the time being.

• Agree 1

Green Devil
58 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Have a read of this http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-britain-boe-breakingviews-idUKKBN19I2AJ rather than publically raising base rates Carney and his chums are compeling lenders to increase their capital buffers and thus raise their rates to cover. So the cost of borrowing goes up but the B of E base rate remains the same for the time being.

That strikes me of smoke n mirrors, being thought to be doing something, but doing nothing at all.