• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Frank Hovis

Best Songs of the Eighties

I wached TOTP2 tonight and they showed this, much better than the A side "Egde of heaven" (but I was always a bit of an emo)

edit, not TOTP2, old re-runs of TOTP on BBC4, should have stayed on to watch the synth bands!

Edited by Kwygibo

22 hours ago, UmBongo said:

^ That first track sounded absolutely nothing like 'Good Times' by Chic. ;)

Paraphrasing the lyrics, their melody really is going somewhere..a dying art. Great composition.

Edited by crashmonitor

I quite like the story behind this video. TFF had no money( first hit) so they shot a zero budget home movie. So we get a rather memorable video sung from the window of a country house and Roland Orzabal ( normally lead vocals and composer)relegated to doing a weird dance by the lake. All the big budget vids that followed completely forgettable. This one wasn't...

All credit to these 80s groups  conceiving brilliant original melodies ( and from the 60s onwards), a skill lost in time.

1 hour ago, crashmonitor said:

I quite like the story behind this video. TFF had no money( first hit) so they shot a zero budget home movie. So we get a rather memorable video sung from the window of a country house and Roland Orzabal ( normally lead vocals and composer)relegated to doing a weird dance by the lake. All the big budget vids that followed completely forgettable. This one wasn't...

All credit to these 80s groups  conceiving brilliant original melodies ( and from the 60s onwards), a skill lost in time.

Another man by a lake song. :)

Edited by onlyme