• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
eight

Barking

Anybody here had any experience with bark.com?

A friend has spent quite a bit of money trying to secure work on there. She suspects that some of the "leads" are, let's say, not genuine.

I'd never heard of it before today but said that I knew some people who know everything, so would ask the question.

Never used them, hard to say, trustpilot scores are high but then that's been being scammed since time and memorial. I'd imagine 99% of the reviews on there are fake.

They've disabled reviews on their FB page which screams run the fuck away as FB is a lot harder to fuck around with now i.e. creating fake accounts. A quick look at their comments on their FB posts which I assume they have trouble keeping up with banning/deleting are all bad.

Not being funny but their staff photo is a bit out there. At least, it's not the usual mix of renta-chinks and pretty-but-dumb girls you see normally in these kinds of photos....

Untitled-2.jpg

Guy second left looks particularly menacing. I wonder if he works in customer service.

When I first started off I put myself on a similar kind of website to this.

Utter, utter bollocks. It relied on you quoting blind on the say-so of the person wanting the job done. Unsurprisingly, most 'small jobs' proved to be anything but, however you'd already quoted on the description so stiff shit.

Fell for it once and removed myself immediately afterwards. Frankly, if you're any good at what you do, you don't need to be on these sites.

I trust them not.

Interesting responses, cheers. It was a bit more than useless service, her concern was that the jobs might actually be fabricated. I dread to think how much has been fruitlessly sunk into this outfit.

On 01/05/2019 at 14:05, spunko said:

Not being funny but their staff photo is a bit out there. At least, it's not the usual mix of renta-chinks and pretty-but-dumb girls you see normally in these kinds of photos....

Untitled-2.jpg

Guy second left looks particularly menacing. I wonder if he works in customer service.

From what I've learnt on here I can only see two with the necessary level of baldness to be competent in IT matters and I think for any realistic chance of success you'd need more than two.

OK, after doing a bit of on and off digging it would appear that this "service" is essentially fraudulent and should ideally be closed down. I have some evidence but am not sufficiently personally invested to make it a one man crusade, or anything. Is there any easy way of flagging them up with somebody who will do the legwork and can take the necessary action? 

9 minutes ago, eight said:

OK, after doing a bit of on and off digging it would appear that this "service" is essentially fraudulent and should ideally be closed down. I have some evidence but am not sufficiently personally invested to make it a one man crusade, or anything. Is there any easy way of flagging them up with somebody who will do the legwork and can take the necessary action? 

did you pay them via credit card?

if so contest the payments, perhaps the credit card companies will withdraw their services if yuo make a fraud alligation, or is that only from conservatives?

3 minutes ago, snaga said:

did you pay them via credit card?

if so contest the payments, perhaps the credit card companies will withdraw their services if yuo make a fraud alligation, or is that only from conservatives?

I haven't used them personally. Having been put on to them by a contact it now irks me that they even exist, but not enough to devote my life to seeing them hounded out of business. I would go so far as making a phone call or sending an email though, if it was likely something could be done.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/bark.com?

1 hour ago, eight said:

Have you tried taking it up with the flat earth society?

On 12/05/2019 at 07:20, SNACR said:

From what I've learnt on here I can only see two with the necessary level of baldness to be competent in IT matters and I think for any realistic chance of success you'd need more than two.

It's worse. The bald ones look unnaturally bald, and the hirsute ones look like they spend far too much time and money on hair products.

43 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Have you tried taking it up with the flat earth society?

They have members all over the globe, you know.....

8 hours ago, eight said:

I haven't used them personally. Having been put on to them by a contact it now irks me that they even exist, but not enough to devote my life to seeing them hounded out of business. I would go so far as making a phone call or sending an email though, if it was likely something could be done.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/bark.com?

Gab dissenter,you can say what the fuck you want 

I've found them to be pretty good, I use them to get clients. Seems to work reasonably for the area I'm in, which is accounting, mainly because once i get an accounting client through them, the client remains with me for repeat business with no need to pay bark any commission. S

ome of the leads are complete crap, as you'd expect, but generally a useful service and definitely the leads I get are genuine.