• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JoeDavola

Grey Grey Everything Fucking Grey

Posted (edited)

Every house that's been renovated in my area (usually by someone trying to flip it) is now painted the exact same fucking shade of grey.

My brother recently bought and decorated his own house, and used the EXACT same color combo you see in the living room.

Is it only me who thinks all this grey is a bit sterile, like a hospital or a morgue?

https://www.propertypal.com/101-saintfield-road-four-winds-belfast/568130/slideshow/photo-4

image.thumb.png.e05fee6badabcf1ec5d8bfbd08396440.png

image.thumb.png.6154941ad4a007bb774d07fba0ebef15.png

Edited by JoeDavola

Perhaps after flicking through 1000s of magnolia coloured identi-flats,  developers reckon you’ll be drawn to something that stands out but still remains vanilla and inoffensive?

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Perhaps after flicking through 1000s of magnolia coloured identi-flats,  developers reckon you’ll be drawn to something that stands out but still remains vanilla and inoffensive?

Maybe my sister is ahead of the crowd?

I quite like it, particularly after staring at dirty Magnolia in rented places for most of my adult life. Not one for bold colours, white is too plain so light grey is alright for me. 

5 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I quite like it, particularly after staring at dirty Magnolia in rented places for most of my adult life. Not one for bold colours, white is too plain so light grey is alright for me. 

IMG-20181127-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.6206ed22416b05a7bda3bc961658f54e.jpeg

Bright?

Try my painted kitchen.

Wear Sun glasses.

1 minute ago, Battenberg said:

I thought this thread was going to be about cars. There are a lot of grey/silver cars now too.

A colour I don't like. Yes they have been popular for some years.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

My sister paints everything grey. like a naval vessel. She should join my fake navy.

I'd like to join. I would like to be a fake Admiral of the Fleet. It's a bit of a negative that I can't swim, but on the positive side I can put the rum away like nobody's business.

I thought the thread was going to be about old people xD

It seems to be older people bashing that’s the current divide and conquer tactic to create diversion from the real culprits who have fucked up life for the majority in the uk!

Anyway, regarding home decor I always paint walls magnolia because it wears well with my roll up cigarette smoking! I don’t care about home decor as long as everything is cleanish, in a decent state of repair, functional and long lasting because my home is for me to live in with minimal effort leaving time to get out doing interesting stuff. I’ve distanced myself from many people over the years (all female) who talk a lot about doing up their sitting room, kitchen or whatever. Yawn!

42 minutes ago, dillinger said:

IMG-20181127-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.6206ed22416b05a7bda3bc961658f54e.jpeg

Bright?

Try my painted kitchen.

Wear Sun glasses.

The colour is personal taste.. not sure the person who put the cupboards up used a spirit level or a ruler though o.O

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Every house that's been renovated in my area (usually by someone trying to flip it) is now painted the exact same fucking shade of grey.

My brother recently bought and decorated his own house, and used the EXACT same color combo you see in the living room.

Is it only me who thinks all this grey is a bit sterile, like a hospital or a morgue?

https://www.propertypal.com/101-saintfield-road-four-winds-belfast/568130/slideshow/photo-4

image.thumb.png.e05fee6badabcf1ec5d8bfbd08396440.png

image.thumb.png.6154941ad4a007bb774d07fba0ebef15.png

I believe the colour is called Egyptian Cotton.

It is the sort of thing art galleries use because it shows off the paintings well.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Just now, Virgil Caine said:

I believe the colour is called Egypt Cotton.

It is the sort of thing art galleries use because it shows off the paintings well.

You are Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and I claim my five pounds 

2 hours ago, NTB said:

Grey paint is fashionable at the moment. Being fashionable means doing the same as everyone else.

RAL 7016 (grey) is the colour every architect is specifying nowadays to be cool and edgy. I don't have the heart to tell them that is what everyone has been specifying for the last 10 years..and there is a lot of greys in the RAL Classic chart!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Libspero said:

The colour is personal taste.. not sure the person who put the cupboards up used a spirit level or a ruler though o.O

Yes need the wee screws tightenen up!

Doors fall of at times ....

I even painted the Mircowave.

Fridge is in severe danger as it's white 😁

Edited by dillinger