• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

And so soon after that bloke whoever he was who wore the Chewbacca costume.

No words to say, or remember, for that matter. Facial expression range, open mouth, closed mouth.

Must have been one of the easiest acting gigs in history.

I suppose he was a very nice man. He was very tall. RIP or whatever.

26 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

And so soon after that bloke whoever he was who wore the Chewbacca costume.

No words to say, or remember, for that matter. Facial expression range, open mouth, closed mouth.

Must have been one of the easiest acting gigs in history.

I suppose he was a very nice man. He was very tall. RIP or whatever.

Laugh it up, fuzzball. 

4 hours ago, spunko said:

I miss the good old days when Star Wars was  restricted to loser virgins in their 30s and nobody gave a rat's bumhole.

The original Star Wars was rather fun. I remember going to the cinema. The sequels are dribble really. Surprised anyone follows it. And as you say, they are old enough to know better.

I like the bit when Han Solo is about to get frozen in carbonite and Leia screams “I love you” to him. Rather than reciprocate he just smirks and says “I know.” 

Watching Han woo Leia is more instructive than 1000 hours of YouTube manosphere videos.

43 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The original Star Wars was rather fun. I remember going to the cinema. The sequels are dribble really. Surprised anyone follows it. And as you say, they are old enough to know better.

I’ve only seen one of them I used to be biast towards dr who but the girl did for that

43 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Empire strikes back was the last good one. Then it turned into a merchandise machine for loads of forgettable frogface things plus that red and black dalek or sith whatever it was.

1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

Empire strikes back was the last good one. Then it turned into a merchandise machine for loads of forgettable frogface things plus that red and black dalek or sith whatever it was.

As predicted by Mel Brooks in "Spaceballs".....

Just now, The Generation Game said:

One of the best. I think Top Secret is a much underrated spoof. 

Skeet Surfing"! Yes I have that one too.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I’m amazed Disney have invested so much in a Star Wars themed park expansion in Florida. My 10 year old son and his mates (surely target market) have but a passing interest in it. Doubt he would even ask to see a new release. Daughter even less so, despite Disney’s shoehorning of unrealistic female leads for the last few films.

Yet they have spent $1 billion on the attraction. I can only see real interest from maybe 35-55 year olds, who have got the spare cash and remember the SW glory days from their youth. I don’t think Disney realise how apathetic kids today are about the brand.

1 minute ago, Rowley said:

I’m amazed Disney have invested so much in a Star Wars themed park expansion in Florida. My 10 year old son and his mates (surely target market) have but a passing interest in it. Doubt he would even ask to see a new release. Daughter even less so, despite Disney’s shoehorning of unrealistic female leads for the last few films.

Yet they have spent $1 billion on the attraction. I can only see real interest from maybe 35-55 year olds, who have got the spare cash and remember the SW glory days from their youth. I don’t think Disney realise how apathetic kids today are about the brand.

Disney have got soo much money, and a remake of Mary Poppins is not what I want to see. The original is still brilliant after all these years. Yes, maybe they are losing it a bit. I for one ,an mighty tired of CGI hamsters.

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Disney have got soo much money, and a remake of Mary Poppins is not what I want to see. The original is still brilliant after all these years. Yes, maybe they are losing it a bit. I for one ,an mighty tired of CGI hamsters.

You’re in luck! The next one is a cgi hedgehog instead.

21 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Aaargh no. Disney are EVIL.

Walt must be spinning in his tank of liquid Nitrogen.

In all seriousness I do think he would be very disappointed in how his name has been used and the direction his eponymous company has been taken.