• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Nanny state just taken a sinister turn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48159828

Health secretary Matt Hancock has said he is willing to look at "all options" to boost England's vaccination levels, including compulsory immunisation.

Mr Hancock told the So-Called BBC he did not want to "reach the point" of imposing jabs, but would "rule nothing out".

Now, not debating the rights or wrongs of vaccinations but that government is even thinking of forcing this is extremely sinister. What else might they consider forcing in the future? What happens if you don’t comply?  

Just now, ad_ceng said:

It opens a fundamental point who answers to who ? 

Government exist because I allow them too not the otherway around. 

Oh dear. That’s not what they think though. Hence this move. o.O

Agree with your concern as, altho I am pro-vax, I do wonder if forcing ppl to have their kids vaccinated is the right thing to do. They are selfish and deluded, but I think I still believe in having the freedom to choose.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Oh dear. That’s not what they think though. Hence this move. o.O

I know that, it is also the reason the state is inherently evil 

Man can only be free when government is limited

It's complicated.

You need a certain level of vaccination in order to protect even those who are vaccinated (apparently). So it can be argued this is protecting those who are vaccinated 

I also thought that was shocking; particularly the way that he suggested that that he would "have to" make it compulsory even if he didn't really want to.

The science of the human body is incredibly complex. Nobody actually knows that vaccinations don't have big adverse affects upon individuals.  Rather than that in the whole population the risk of not vaccinating is higher than vaccinating.

If parents choose to not have their child vaccinated then the only child which they are putting at risk from contagious disease is their own.

So that's surely their choice?  Their children belong to them and not to Matt Hancock.

If we don’t comply to nannying we’ll be punished or at least annoyed.

Being older it’s flu vaccination that I’m a target for. I’ve never had flu and willing to take my chances on surviving without vaccination if I do get it. Anyone who wants vaccinations can fill their boots and take them all as far as I’m concerned. I can’t understand the moaning against those who choose to say no thanks. If you’re vaccinated you should be safe from naysayers like me?

Regarding another issue I was extremely annoyed today when I went to the only tyre pump in my town and found a new machine had been installed. It costs 50p minimum to inflate your vehicle tyres but the new machine has no insert coins option. I had to use a card or be unable to do the job :PissedOff:.

What do mums mean when they say they prefer to let their kids use their "natural immunity"?  Cos I thought (pre MMR) kids pretty much all got the measles at some point?

I certainly did (around the age of 6) and of course I promptly passed it on to my younger brother (4) which was not only expected and also hoped for in a weird way. (Just to get it over with as there were just the 2 of us kids.)

We, and everyone we knew at school who went down with it, seemed to come thru OK. Don't know of anyone who got permanently damaged. (Tho apparently my aunt who I never met died as an infant of measles complications.) 

So do some un-vaccinated kids not get it at all due to their "natural immunity"? (Was I a weakling?) 

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I also thought that was shocking; particularly the way that he suggested that that he would "have to" make it compulsory even if he didn't really want to.

The science of the human body is incredibly complex. Nobody actually knows that vaccinations don't have big adverse affects upon individuals.  Rather than that in the whole population the risk of not vaccinating is higher than vaccinating.

If parents choose to not have their child vaccinated then the only child which they are putting at risk from contagious disease is their own.

So that's surely their choice?  Their children belong to them and not to Matt Hancock.

The question that springs to mind is what will they do with those who arrive here from elsewhere?  Are they going to make it compulsory if you want a weekend in London and you are from France?  How will they check?  

Another ill thought through pronouncement from the establishment 

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Being older it’s flu vaccination that I’m a target for. I’ve never had flu and willing to take my chances on surviving without vaccination if I do get it. Anyone who wants vaccinations can fill their boots and take them all as far as I’m concerned. I can’t understand the moaning against those who choose to say no thanks. If you’re vaccinated you should be safe from naysayers like me?

Regarding another issue I was extremely annoyed today when I went to the only tyre pump in my town and found a new machine had been installed. It costs 50p minimum to inflate your vehicle tyres but the new machine has no insert coins option. I had to use a card or be unable to do the job :PissedOff:.

I always carry a foot pump in my car.

Who needs the pay machines?

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Even in the '60s & '70s some parents were very suspicious of 'the needles'.

There was an alternative of a coated sugar lump.

It was the generation that had been through WW2 and didn't trust the government.

The sugar lump was for polio iirc 

8 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Blimey - I'm impressed! Either your immune system is amazing ... or you never come into contact with rest of the world?! 9_9 

What I find odd is when parents (and adults) refuse a vaccination (which is fine -- they're happy to take their chances with their immunity vs the real-world), but then have fancy ultra-clean houses with anti-bacterial this and kills 99.9% of all known germs that (ie, do everything possible to remove the influence of the real-world).  This is doubly mad as there's substantial evidence that lowish level day-to-day exposure to pathogens is important in creating a functional immune system, and that if there's no immune system challenge it starts making up problems to solve (eg, asthma).

Anyway, my kids had the relevant jabs, but live in a filthy house (ha!) and I'm not getting flu jab for now (might start though, as I can't afford to be off work for a fortnight).

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I’ll have to start a thread on a reliable foot pump to purchase because I’m extremely annoyed about having to use a card for a 50p fee to inflate my tyres.

Regarding compulsory vaccinations whatshisname can fuck off. I’m a natural immunity fan. My kids were vaccinated, all fifteen years or so ago but I’m shocked by the ever increasing vaccinations for kids. I did opt my daughter out of one though...can’t remember cervical cancer one I think.

Even if there’s a worldwide plague I’ll refuse a vaccination and take my chance. I just don’t trust the “science” regarding vaccinations these days. Too much involved money for big pharma and less focus on its merits IMO. I don’t trust them at all!

10 minutes ago, whocares said:

Blimey - I'm impressed! Either your immune system is amazing ... or you never come into contact with rest of the world?! 9_9 

I haven't had flu for at least 20+ years. It is possible.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Porsche drivers with tyre pressure sensors that monitor all four driven wheels using a combination of lasers that measure the circumference of each tyre compared to eight of Saturn's sixty-two Moons, Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Lapetus and irregularly shaped Hyperion.  These measurements are then compared across each axle and then front to rear.

If the system detects one wheel has a tyre reducing in size by more than 2 microns it alerts the driver, and any passenger, with an audible warning, and a bright icon on the dashboard module.

The system can only be reset whilst stationary or travelling at less than 5kph. Unless all four tyres are stone cold the system will be triggered again shortly after being reset. This unsettles both driver and passenger.

The easiest solution is to visit your nearest Shell station, wait for some twat to do their grocery shopping whilst their car is parked in front of the tyre pump, set the correct pressure for the fronts, put 50p in the machine, do the fronts, set the correct pressure for the rears, do the rears. Then go for a razz in peace.   

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

I’ll have to start a thread on a reliable foot pump to purchase because I’m extremely annoyed about having to use a card for a 50p fee to inflate my tyres.

Regarding compulsory vaccinations whatshisname can fuck off. I’m a natural immunity fan. My kids were vaccinated, all fifteen years or so ago but I’m shocked by the ever increasing vaccinations for kids. I did opt my daughter out of one though...can’t remember cervical cancer one I think.

Even if there’s a worldwide plague I’ll refuse a vaccination and take my chance. I just don’t trust the “science” regarding vaccinations these days. Too much involved money for big pharma and less focus on its merits IMO. I don’t trust them at all!

I don't know about reliable; mine seem to be made of steel so soft that they start twisting almost from the word go.

I've always used one though; tyre sensor warning and I check them all.

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

I haven't had flu for at least 20+ years. It is possible.

I have had flu twice in twenty years.

Almost unbelievably that was twice in two months.  Having had it once I thought I was safe for ages. Nope.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I have had flu twice in twenty years.

Almost unbelievably that was twice in two months.  Having had it once I thought I was safe for ages. Nope.

I’ve had it once. Took me over 6 months to get over it fully. Nasty. At least it caused me to stop smoking.