• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
NewryH

Get a life FFS

18 minutes ago, BLOOLOO said:

The reported should be seriously prosecuted under GDPR regulations for revealing the private letter.

GDPR dosn't cover dead people

Yes, means deserving of sympathy/empathy. Thread title is spot on. Editor shouldn't have given the complainant the satisfaction of a response. 

That's my local paper. Only one I read. Some of the stories are literally. "gate left open in field" but most locals have great affection for it. owned by the local lordy too. 

The letters pages and some of the stories can be quite pisstakey. 

Amphrite loves to pore over it, back issues too. She found the reporting of people dying 100 years ago very blasé. 

But the 100 years ago death was a lot more common. 

19 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

But the 100 years ago death was a lot more common. 

Yeah, it's great how people are dying less and less these days. 

55 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Yeah, it's great how people are dying less and less these days. 

Explains why we've got 66 million people in this country, the f**kers ain't dying anymore.........

4 hours ago, MrPin said:

We all do it once, or more in my case.O.o

I lodged with a guy who had a dicky ticker and died several times. According to him it was really weird. Once in hospital they were standing over him and he was floating on the ceiling watching them discussing the football. When he came back to life he said I see Fulham won then and they were astounded. What was yours like any lights and tunnels? 

3 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

When he came back to life he said I see Fulham won then and they were astounded.

Yes, I can see how that news would fell them.

4 hours ago, Snark said:

Explains why we've got 66 million people in this country, the f**kers ain't dying anymore.........

That's fucking boomers for you that is.

13 minutes ago, eight said:

Yes, I can see how that news would fell them.

:Jumping:I really don't do football I just said that because it kind of sounded authentic. People at work have been going on about Mersi or Marsi who did a football thing recently but I have no clue what to say to them. I'm alright at ice hockey if that helps demonstrate my manly credentials. 

6 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

:Jumping:I really don't do football I just said that because it kind of sounded authentic. People at work have been going on about Mersi or Marsi who did a football thing recently but I have no clue what to say to them. I'm alright at ice hockey if that helps demonstrate my manly credentials. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2BZFdqSENM2KvLAU15RT

4 hours ago, MrPin said:

We all do it once, or more in my case.O.o

One of my late aunts caused a commotion at the hospital when her second husband died by arguing for and demanding a second opinion that he was actually dead. She was viewed as being deluded but her reaction came from her first husband awakening in the morgue after being pronounced dead. He lived on a couple of years after that! It seems it is possible for some to occasionally return from being dead :o

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

One of my late aunts caused a commotion at the hospital when her second husband died by arguing for and demanding a second opinion that he was actually dead. She was viewed as being deluded but her reaction came from her first husband awakening in the morgue after being pronounced dead. He lived on a couple of years after that! It seems it is possible for some to occasionally return from being dead :o

How disappointing if she was hoping for an insurance payout. o.O

11 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Can you imagine the costs incurred losing deposits on the funeral expenses etc?...some people are so selfish/ungrateful! :-)