• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Kids ‘eh.

Wtf

https://www.farminguk.com/News/Six-children-arrested-after-Hampshire-sheep-attacks_51916.html

Six children have been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after a group were seen throwing stones at sheep in Hampshire.

Police are investigating following two incidents of animal cruelty, where sheep were injured at Alver Valley Nature Reserve in Gosport.

The team who run the park said sheep were left 'limping and bruised', and one even had a horn missing.

Officers were called shortly after 3:30pm on Tuesday 30 April to reports of objects being thrown at the animals around 1pm on the same afternoon.

Three children were seen in the area at the time.

On Wednesday 1 May shortly before 5:45pm, a second report was received of objects being thrown at the animals.

Officers attended, and as part of their enquiries six children have been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty and criminal damage. 

Those arrested include a 12 year-old boy, three 13 year-old boys, and a girl and a boy who are both aged 14 years-old. They remain in custody at this time.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Wtf

https://www.farminguk.com/News/Six-children-arrested-after-Hampshire-sheep-attacks_51916.html

Six children have been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after a group were seen throwing stones at sheep in Hampshire.

Police are investigating following two incidents of animal cruelty, where sheep were injured at Alver Valley Nature Reserve in Gosport.

The team who run the park said sheep were left 'limping and bruised', and one even had a horn missing.

Officers were called shortly after 3:30pm on Tuesday 30 April to reports of objects being thrown at the animals around 1pm on the same afternoon.

Three children were seen in the area at the time.

On Wednesday 1 May shortly before 5:45pm, a second report was received of objects being thrown at the animals.

Officers attended, and as part of their enquiries six children have been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty and criminal damage. 

Those arrested include a 12 year-old boy, three 13 year-old boys, and a girl and a boy who are both aged 14 years-old. They remain in custody at this time.

Old enough to know better.

Kids individually are mostly ok. 

Kids in groups are like bloody chimps, in fact, I've rarely seen a group of kids that age loitering about who weren't behaving like complete knobheads in some way or another. Also, it's got to be said, usually being trailed by a cloud of litter in their wake as well, I thought this was the environmentally concerned generation? If I had a quid for every scrote I've seen slinging litter about the place, I'd have retired to my chateau in the South of France by now.

Anyway, I hope farmer Giles kicks this lots arses square.

Oh thats terribel . kids throwing stones at sheep ...

who in a few months time will be dragged off to a grubby slaughte house and be hung upsie and have their throats cut tho blled to death ...Seriously 80% chance these are off to muzzers.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Oh thats terribel . kids throwing stones at sheep ...

who in a few months time will be dragged off to a grubby slaughte house and be hung upsie and have their throats cut tho blled to death ...Seriously 80% chance these are off to muzzers.

being cruel to animals is one of the traits of a psychopath, so be good to deal with it now

there might be a future captain of industry or MP amongst them

Edited by ashestoashes

32 minutes ago, snaga said:

in a couple of years they will be going to festivals ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48184756_106838716_11fa84c2-2480-48bc-8102-73a39

_106838716_11fa84c2-2480-48bc-8102-73a39

Christ on a bike.

I have no words for that absolute fucking pigsty. 

"Hey you lot, sort your environment out! Wait, what do you mean that includes me having to dismantle and remove my tent with a hangover? This is oppression of my right to be a complete slob at festivals!"

Love the way one of them 'assumes' that their farty, mud and shite encrusted tent will be picked up by a charity, nice way to devolve responsibility. As if that was a good enough excuse to leave a crappy tent and three days worth of refuse in a field where you dropped it anyway.

10 hours ago, One percent said:

Wtf

One of the things I find interesting about the media (in general) is how things get 'translated'.  This is a good case in point.   The original facebook post (by people close to the action) talks of the sheep being attacked using 'rocks and other heavy items'.  This sounds compatible with the pictures of the sheep and the description of the sheep ending up 'limping and bruised' with one losing a horn.  The FarmingUK line, though, is that the sheep were attacked using 'stones' -- this seems cruel, but something that the sheep would only find very annoying.  I don't know why they'd translate the story in this way -- it doesn't help in the understanding of what went on.  Then my spideysenses start thinking 'what are they trying to gloss over', etc.  As I say, all very interesting.

Depending on the state of the sheep it seems like something of a non-story.

If they're just young kids dicking around..  the police should just go around to their parents house and scare the shit out of them a bit,  then insist on a letter of apology from each child to the farmer in question in exchange for no further action. This time.

Arresting the kids as if it was some kind of major crime..  totally unnecessary.

4 hours ago, Libspero said:

If they're just young kids dicking around..  the police should just go around to their parents house and scare the shit out of them a bit,  then insist on a letter of apology from each child to the farmer in question in exchange for no further action. This time.

Arresting the kids as if it was some kind of major crime..  totally unnecessary.

Did you see the pictures?  Animal cruelty. They were bleeding and as someone mentioned one lost a horn 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Libspero said:

Got to disagree, In my world I'd tie the kids to a fence post and subject them to similar treatment, see how they like it.

or if that's too strong, some serious pointless manual labour, like shovelling a ton of shit from one place to another and then back again.

Edited by Hopeful

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Got to disagree, In my world I'd tie the kids to a fence post and subject them to similar treatment, see how they like it.

or if that's too strong, some serious pointless manual labour, like shovelling a ton of shit from one place to another and then back again.

I’d opt for the first option 

5 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Christ on a bike.

"Hey you lot, sort your environment out! Wait, what do you mean that includes me having to dismantle and remove my tent with a hangover? This is oppression of my right to be a complete slob at festivals!"

Love the way one of them 'assumes' that their farty, mud and shite encrusted tent will be picked up by a charity, nice way to devolve responsibility. As if that was a good enough excuse to leave a crappy tent and three days worth of refuse in a field where you dropped it anyway.

In the sci-fi series Quatermass IV it is shown that the big rise in 'festivals' in the late 60s/early 70s was part of an alien plot to gather impressionable young minds in one place and then 'harvest' their mental energy. F*ck knows why any superior race would bother when you consider the intelligence shown by most Snowflakes.

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

Eye for an eye type justice?

You'd love it in Iran or Saudi Arabia  :)

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Did you see the pictures?  Animal cruelty. They were bleeding and as someone mentioned one lost a horn 

The only pictures I saw were small and difficult to make much out from.

It's clearly something to be discouraged,  and I'm sure the farmer will have been pretty pissed..   but full on arrest of kids that are barely teenagers..   still seems like an over reaction to me.

Just now, Libspero said:

It's clearly something to be discouraged,  and I'm sure the farmer will have been pretty pissed..   but full on arrest of kids that are barely teenagers..   still seems like an over reaction to me.

Isn’t it true that serial killers start on animals...

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

My guess is that this is due to the terror of abuse of authority we have nowadays. In the past, the police probably would have been involved, but only to the extent of taking names and addresses or perhaps giving a 'clip round the ear' to the offenders. That would have been the end of it. That can't happen now, so the full powers of the law have to be invoked in order to keep everything above board. This means that something like scrumping either has to be treated the same way as a stabbing, or not treated at all. 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

I suspect some serial killers have killed/hurt animals.

I don't expect most kids who, given half a chance,  throw stones at sheep necessarily turn into serial killers.

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

I started on children. I'm now onto animals and aim to eventually finish up with the Welsh. 

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

I'd agree that  arrest is an over reaction, a bit of rough justice not so much

I'm no advocating cutting anything off,

a few bruises though wouldn't bother me ;)

2 hours ago, Libspero said:

Eye for an eye type justice?

You'd love it in Iran or Saudi Arabia  :)

Give it ten years we'll already be there. Bit colder mind.

10 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Christ on a bike.

Don't worry. The staff will take care of it.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218577648089726&id=1152268091&set=gm.2373633569532489&source=48#

Posted (edited)

TBH this is a bit of an example of how people feed on internet news and whip themselves into an ‘it’s all gone to hell in a handcart frenzy’.

When I was growing up scum kids on my estate torturing cats with Stanley knives was a perennial problem and the local newspaper was barely interested or anyone who read it.

Whilst they’re obviously nasty little scrotes I don’t really see this as any big deal news wise - in reality there’ll be one truly nasty little scrote and some pathetic hangers on.

Edit to add: also Gosport is well recognised as a complete shit hole.

Edited by SNACR

I live in a rural / semi-rural part of the country, at least as rural as you can get in the SE. The problem isn't the children's fault, it's more that they aren't exposed to wildlife. You hear these stories that 90% of children under 12 think an aubergine is a cow and you assume they're made up - but I genuinely don't think they are. The number of children I see staring at cattle or sheep round here in utter amazement, with their parents/grandparents in tow, is frankly quite shocking. People don't involve themselves in nature or farming any more, mostly because there isn't much left to see. Only 20 years ago when I was at primary school we used to walk through a sheep field every day to get home, then we used to feed the cows in the next field. Now that land is all slaveboxes. I know this reads as a "not in my day" rant but it's completely true.

These kids won't have had any exposure to farm animals I suspect, so why should they know how to treat them