• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bus Stop Boxer

Windows 10

Question

With Windows 7 about to be mothballed in Jan, i'm, reluctantly, looking at a new OS.

I have a well specced PC, that i built myself, for music, that is sat unused most of the time. I'm guessing i can just get a new SSD, whack it in, and load 10 on that drive and leave the Win 7 environment alone.

So that being the case, and bearing in mind that i had Win 10 on a tablet and absolutely hated it, what are good tips to keep Microsoft snooping to a minimum?

Or i could buy a Mac Mini for £300?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

With Windows 7 about to be mothballed in Jan, i'm, reluctantly, looking at a new OS.

I have a well specced PC, that i built myself, for music, that is sat unused most of the time. I'm guessing i can just get a new SSD, whack it in, and load 10 on that drive and leave the Win 7 environment alone.

So that being the case, and bearing in mind that i had Win 10 on a tablet and absolutely hated it, what are good tips to keep Microsoft snooping to a minimum?

Or i could buy a Mac Mini for £300?

https://www.privacytools.io/operating-systems/

Discusses operating systems.

Discusses W10, including their privacy tool download.

Plenty of links.