DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Whats Norwich like to live in?

Rare Bear

Thinking of moving from Ilford and I'm wondering about Norwich.

Does anyone have any comments as to what it's like to live there?

Compared to Ilford, anywhere's heaven....!

How long have you lived in Ilford? I don't remember but I've been told it used to be quite desirable....

One percent
4 minutes ago, spunko said:

How long have you lived in Ilford? I don't remember but I've been told it used to be quite desirable....

This

Ilford used to be nice.  Some of the houses are wonderful. Biggish Jewish community as well. 

Now, it is incredibly enriched and with that comes so much else. Stabbings etc.  I posted about some bloke sexually molesting a child in the street. Caught on cctv so the bloke was convicted. A very light sentence as he was not aware that it was wrong, or some such crap. O.o

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

This

Ilford used to be nice.  Some of the houses are wonderful. Biggish Jewish community as well. 

Now, it is incredibly enriched and with that comes so much else. Stabbings etc.  I posted about some bloke sexually molesting a child in the street. Caught on cctv so the bloke was convicted. A very light sentence as he was not aware that it was wrong, or some such crap. O.o

Do you mind? The term is sexual emergency.

35 minutes ago, spunko said:

Bought here about 30 years ago when it was nice enough to be boring. This particular part is still pretty much OK but down the town is getting more and more barbaric. Going by the look of a lot of the latest blow ins, sub Saharan Muz, it's not going to improve any time soon.

I worked in Norwich for a while some years ago and thought it seemed like a nice place. Visit Old Buck from time to time for airshows and the area around looks OK.

Therefore I thought that Norwich might be worth a serious look.

4 hours ago, spunko said:

The only thing that was ever desirable about Ilford was the muff in the Palais on Saturday night...and that was through ber goggles :-)...as for Norwich, apart from the Tumbleweed and inbreeding....oh,  and the banjo playing, its a great place to live...hope that helps? :-)

3 hours ago, MrXxx said:

The only thing that was ever desirable about Ilford was the muff in the Palais on Saturday night...and that was through ber goggles :-)...as for Norwich, apart from the Tumbleweed and inbreeding....oh,  and the banjo playing, its a great place to live...hope that helps? :-)

Apparently banjo playing is the in thing in Brighton...

[that's actually playing the banjo, not some sexual euphemism]

8 hours ago, dgul said:

Apparently banjo playing is the in thing in Brighton...

[that's actually playing the banjo, not some sexual euphemism]

Well a couple of years ago it was playing a little ukulele!

[possibly a sexual euphemism, but not in my case! ;-)]

Archived