• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Deutschland 83 / 86

Anyone else been enjoying this German TV series? The "86" series was on More4 recently, so you may have missed it, but it's still on catchup.

If you're interested in political dramas about the Stasi, East Germany, or even just have an interest in the 1980s I'd recommend them.

Only 8 episodes per series as well so no need to give up your entire life for a month.

I hear about the '86' series and it really did look quite intriguing, more thought out than the majority of shite knocking about these days.  Think I'll try and catch up with it

Loved the first series. Strongly recommended.

So far (E3? watching recordings) the second series seems like a series of disjointed and unconnected scenes. Maybe I'm just not concentrating hard enough.

12 hours ago, DTMark said:

Loved the first series. Strongly recommended.

So far (E3? watching recordings) the second series seems like a series of disjointed and unconnected scenes. Maybe I'm just not concentrating hard enough.

The first couple of episodes were hard to follow. I'd forgotten most of the plot from the first series so I'd recommend reading up if that's the case for you too.

It gets a lot better, the last 3 or 4 episodes are riveting.