• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Big nationalisation thread

ITMA

https://www.ft.com/content/7db291fe-7665-11e9-bbad-7c18c0ea0201

Labour is planning to nationalise the energy, rail and water industries, plus Royal Mail, as part of a radical domestic reform agenda.

The Labour paper says that shareholders would be compensated, but not necessarily at market prices — because of deductions to take account of “asset stripping since privatisation”, state subsidies since the 1980s and pension fund deficits.

Why the fuck does the UK want to run the or own tje Royal Mail?

Yed, i know its all cuntbyns and unions.

Why not a supermarket?

Or a software company?

Or nissan or honda?

Well, they're the 'painful ones' -- they're pretty much monopolies which require reams and reams of rules just to make sure that they don't take advantage of their customers (which they will do whenever they think they can get away with it).

However, nationalisation won't make them work well all of a sudden.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Well, they're the 'painful ones' -- they're pretty much monopolies which require reams and reams of rules just to make sure that they don't take advantage of their customers (which they will do whenever they think they can get away with it).

However, nationalisation won't make them work well all of a sudden.

I don't think nationalisation is a bad thing per se. In particular for  things that can't turn a profit in themselves but bring wider benefits, like transport.  But done by the Labour party it's guaranteed to be a disaster, anyone remember British Rail and their seemingly 90% retarded or "special" employees?

The UK people are either shafted by the Conservatives feeding money to their friends and donors or shafted by the Labour Party with their SJW lefty lunacy. It's not much of a choice.

10 hours ago, spygirl said:

ITMA

https://www.ft.com/content/7db291fe-7665-11e9-bbad-7c18c0ea0201

Labour is planning to nationalise the energy, rail and water industries, plus Royal Mail, as part of a radical domestic reform agenda.

The Labour paper says that shareholders would be compensated, but not necessarily at market prices — because of deductions to take account of “asset stripping since privatisation”, state subsidies since the 1980s and pension fund deficits.

Why the fuck does the UK want to run the or own tje Royal Mail?

Yed, i know its all cuntbyns and unions.

Why not a supermarket?

Or a software company?

Or nissan or honda?

Because they are national infrastructure, which should never have been "privatised" in the first place. Which is why I get French Water, and German electricity.

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Because they are national infrastructure, which should never have been "privatised" in the first place. Which is why I get French Water, and German electricity.

The assets are, the operation are not.