DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Peterlee - next to fill up with the worst of the EEers?

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

What's the story with this then, @The XYY Man ??

https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/lot-overview/vacant---freehold-mid-terrace-house-in-peterlee/R190530-319?searchid=U woMDu sG5EsV6laEekv7cjgLUrFFo5 1Tzbe8HWgw%3D&idx=4

If houses can be bought for that price, Peterlee will be full of EE folks (the bennies kind not the working kind) within a couple of years I would think.

Or is living in that street too dangerous even for hardened Albanian gypsies?

Edit :- In the details....  "Welfare Park is nearby" :)

32 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/lot-overview/vacant---freehold-mid-terrace-house-in-peterlee/R190530-319?searchid=U woMDu sG5EsV6laEekv7cjgLUrFFo5 1Tzbe8HWgw%3D&idx=4

If houses can be bought for that price, Peterlee will be full of EE folks (the bennies kind not the working kind) within a couple of years I would think.

I cant speak for Peterlee as Ive not been there for years ....

However in the slums of boro,terrace go for similar type prices.

And they are full of EErs, kurds, fucknows where.

They are bought by slumlords and rented out.

And area of boro *are* full of EE and whatnot.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/tight-communities-racial-tensions-rose-15988784

6 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That's Horden Colliery, a "suburb" of Peterlee..!

My mother was born there, and I lived there from 1977 to 1984, and again from 2010 to 2012. Me grandad worked at the pit, and his uncle was killed in an accident while working there in the 1940s.

Used to be a pleasant enough place, until Thatcher closed the pit. Now most of it is a fucking shit-hole.

That house is in the numbered streets, which were 1st Street (now demolished along with 2nd Street) all the way up to 12th Street, and they were 2 and 3 bedroomed Colliery houses that most of the occupiers bought dead cheap.

At their peak around 2007, you might've been daft enough to pay £89000ish for one, but ten years of buy-to-let landlords taking over has turned those once quiet, respectable homes into fucking Beirut...!

Smack-heads, nutters, paedos and every kind of undesirable now occupy most of them. 

And don't pay what they want for that -  you can get them for less than 10 grand at auction.

I nearly bought one when some were offered for a pound a while back, but Mrs XYY said no.

My plan was to buy an end one, and live upstairs. I would've bricked-up all the downstairs windows, and put a roller shutter on the back, and driven the car into where the kitchen is. I also planned to turn the front room into a bedroom, and fit a kitchen in one of the upstairs ones. But she would not have it.

And it's not the EEers - they won't live in them as Romanians aren't fucking rough enough...!

;)

XYY

swiss_democracy_for_all
6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

That's Horden Colliery, a "suburb" of Peterlee..!

My mother was born there, and I lived there from 1977 to 1984, and again from 2010 to 2012. Me grandad worked at the pit, and his uncle was killed in an accident while working there in the 1940s.

Used to be a pleasant enough place, until Thatcher closed the pit. Now most of it is a fucking shit-hole.

That house is in the numbered streets, which were 1st Street (now demolished along with 2nd Street) all the way up to 12th Street, and they were 2 and 3 bedroomed Colliery houses that most of the occupiers bought dead cheap.

At their peak around 2007, you might've been daft enough to pay £89000ish for one, but ten years of buy-to-let landlords taking over has turned those once quiet, respectable homes into fucking Beirut...!

Smack-heads, nutters, paedos and every kind of undesirable now occupy most of them. 

And don't pay what they want for that -  you can get them for less than 10 grand at auction.

I nearly bought one when some were offered for a pound a while back, but Mrs XYY said no.

My plan was to buy an end one, and live upstairs. I would've bricked-up all the downstairs windows, and put a roller shutter on the back, and driven the car into where the kitchen is. I also planned to turn the front room into a bedroom, and fit a kitchen in one of the upstairs ones. But she would not have it.

And it's not the EEers - they won't live in them as Romanians aren't fucking rough enough...!

;)

XYY

xD

So to live there you'd have to brick up the lower floor and make it like a bunker with a flat on top, and could only ever go out in the car! Sounds lovely, a bit like preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Looks like one of the BTL landlords you mentioned is getting rid because there are several in that auction all in the same area - here, with this one you could knock the houses together and make an extra-big 6 bedroom bunker. For the ones where there's actually a tenant he wants 25k!

https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/lot-overview/vacant-two-freehold-mid-terrace-houses-in-peterlee/R190530-224?searchid=U woMDu sG5EsV6laEekv7cjgLUrFFo5 1Tzbe8HWgw%3D&idx=3

One percent
13 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

xD

So to live there you'd have to brick up the lower floor and make it like a bunker with a flat on top, and could only ever go out in the car! Sounds lovely, a bit like preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Looks like one of the BTL landlords you mentioned is getting rid because there are several in that auction all in the same area - here, with this one you could knock the houses together and make an extra-big 6 bedroom bunker. For the ones where there's actually a tenant he wants 25k!

https://auctions.allsop.co.uk/lot-overview/vacant-two-freehold-mid-terrace-houses-in-peterlee/R190530-224?searchid=U woMDu sG5EsV6laEekv7cjgLUrFFo5 1Tzbe8HWgw%3D&idx=3

Dual purpose though. Come the zombie apocalypse, he will be fine. 

56 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

xD

:)

I'm not shitting you. When an owner of 130 of them in both Horden and neighbouring Blackhall Colliery said he would offer them to people for a quid if they promised to stay there at least five years, and would spend at least five grand doing them up, I was first in the fucking queue...!

I'd have improved it alright - five grand would've sharp turned the place into Fort fucking Knox..!!

Actually - if you've seen the eighties movie "Fort Apache, The Bronx", then that's probably a better analogy.

Mrs XYY saying "No" to my plan of turning into Peterlee's version of Charlton Heston in "The Omega Man" didn't matter in the end though. Following loads of free publicity in the local press for him and his letting company - a few months later the owner suddenly decided he didn't want to give them away for a quid after all...

XYY

One percent
27 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I'm not shitting you. When an owner of 130 of them in both Horden and neighbouring Blackhall Colliery said he would offer them to people for a quid if they promised to stay there at least five years, and would spend at least five grand doing them up, I was first in the fucking queue...!

I'd have improved it alright - five grand would've sharp turned the place into Fort fucking Knox..!!

Actually - if you've seen the eighties movie "Fort Apache, The Bronx", then that's probably a better analogy.

Mrs XYY saying "No" to my plan of turning into Peterlee's version of Charlton Heston in "The Omega Man" didn't matter in the end though. Following loads of free publicity in the local press for him and his letting company - a few months later the owner suddenly decided he didn't want to give them away for a quid after all...

XYY

6A5CC9F9-D8C1-4974-89D8-9C365B0D959D.jpeg

swiss_democracy_for_all
53 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Hmm. Maybe you could improve the local gene pool by getting yourself and the missus an Ebola vaccine, then take a trip to DRC and pick up a bit of a dead body, seal it in a box in your luggage. Wander round the collieries infecting all the worst of the delinquents, it'll put Peterlee on the map and make the place habitable! 

Green Devil
2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Hmm. Maybe you could improve the local gene pool by getting yourself and the missus an Ebola vaccine, then take a trip to DRC and pick up a bit of a dead body, seal it in a box in your luggage. Wander round the collieries infecting all the worst of the delinquents, it'll put Peterlee on the map and make the place habitable! 

A bit harsh - but fair. 

10 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Who was the owner - LHA., council or private LL?

Any person buying places like this are going to get the every last brick stolen from then.

All theyll be left with is a house shaped pile of rubble and a mortgage.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Who was the owner - LHA., council or private LL?

Any person buying places like this are going to get the every last brick stolen from then.

All theyll be left with is a house shaped pile of rubble and a mortgage.

Not sure who exactly the owner is/owners are but Accent housing association manage a lot of them, and they were the ones offering the houses for a quid deal. "Homesteading" was the poncy phrase they used for the proposed deal in the local press at the time. 

The story that appeares on the Channel 4 News website reports that the council blocked the deal, but I don't remember hearing that at the time.

EDIT: The Channel 4 report is talking about a deal to sell them to the Council, and that is the deal the Council said "No" to, but Accent were also claiming they would offer them to private individuals after that - but as far as I can find out, they never did...

https://www.channel4.com/news/horden-county-durham-bedroom-tax-one-pound-housing

XYY

23 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Ah yes.

When wading thru EA fuckwiterry phrases, alwys look a the LR data:

https://houseprices.io/?q=horden

Look a the transaction history/prices of the dark reds - IO BTL slumlording writ large.

Somewhere in the South, 2004ish:

Daaahling. Look we can buy a terrace in the North and rent it out and make 1,000s.

Oh Reginald, we'll be millionaires and the talking point of Surrey social scene. Lets buy a 100...

Fast forward today:

Daahling, shall I blow off the repomen, maybe he'll let us stay in the house another week.

No, let him do you up he shitter, see if we can stay another month.

I read @The XYY Man's description of living in a bricked up fort and all I could think of was the classic movie 'Assault on Precinct 13'.

The thought of XYY, gun in hand, fighting off the hoards of scumbags shouting "It's Norra Fookin' Wig" is very amusing :D

There are streets near me that are becoming EE/Romanian ghettos that look similar to the one linked above, but for some reason the houses go for a lot more:

https://www.propertypal.com/33-palestine-street-agincourt-avenue-belfast/547936

Round the corner from this area is a primary school, and the houses opposite it sell for about 300K - I pass by this area frequently and all the time I see between one and three obese pregnant Romanian women sitting on the front yard wall of the house below. It's obviously not their house, but they've no respect for private property and the owner is obviously too cucked to say anything:

StranPri.jpg

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Round the corner from this area is a primary school, and the houses opposite it sell for about 300K - I pass by this area frequently and all the time I see between one and three obese pregnant Romanian women sitting on the front yard wall of the house below. It's obviously not their house, but they've no respect for private property and the owner is obviously too cucked to say anything:

StranPri.jpg

Doesn't the primary school end up having to take all the kids from that nearby rough area? A load of kids that don't speak English at home and are used to violence can drag a good school down very quickly indeed.

If yes the 300k houses near the school might soon be 200k then less.

12 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Doesn't the primary school end up having to take all the kids from that nearby rough area? A load of kids that don't speak English at home and are used to violence can drag a good school down very quickly indeed.

If yes the 300k houses near the school might soon be 200k then less.

Yes, I suspect the 3 obese Romanians are waiting to collect their kids from primary school.

On 15/05/2019 at 11:42, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Ah yes, the Miners' Welfare Park. A cornerstone of all North-East pit villages, and Horden has a very good example.

Home to the local football, rugby and cricket teams, the park also boasts two separate playgrounds for children - one for the toddlers, and a more robust one for the older kids.

The park is also full of well-maintained trees, hedges and flowers, which look wonderful when they bloom in the summer.

It also has three proper grass bowling greens, some tennis courts, and a proper old-fashioned band-stand which has live open air music in it most weekends in the summer.

The welfare park truly is an oasis of beauty in an otherwise grim place.

If you're ever passing, call in the cafe and get yourself a good, home-cooked dinner for a very cheap price.

Ask at the counter if Valerie is in today, and if a 75 year-old volunteer replies "Who's fuckin' asking like?", then you can tell her that you know her son...!

;)

Here's some photos I took there last summer....

P1010415.thumb.jpg.e9c0c6d900e799791917e99c01310d53.jpg

P1010451.thumb.jpg.337f86b8801b14f47a7ebb7c8d78b1b2.jpg

P1010447.thumb.jpg.501aa3ff5f9614941ea5e44c1ba1617c.jpg

P1010442.thumb.jpg.225d6a9530a698524f4c030e8300fdfb.jpg

P1010426.thumb.jpg.2f5a51d6ecc2b08bc23408cdb3d3fc5b.jpg

P1010453.thumb.jpg.5908b8ea4a92ff29c6d4901b85a66196.jpg

P1010423.thumb.jpg.d01c8cf327ec4a59210637072fb5f8ff.jpg

XYY

swiss_democracy_for_all

^^ That looks very different to the dystopian picture you painted before - how are the zombie hordes that make it necessary to live in a bunker kept out of the park? 

23 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

^^ That looks very different to the dystopian picture you painted before - how are the zombie hordes that make it necessary to live in a bunker kept out of the park? 

Well if you'd actually seen "The Omega Man" - the camp, 70s film version of Richard Matheson's novel "I Am Legend" that I posted a trailer for further up the thread - then you would know that proper Zombies are allergic to light, and only come out at night...!

We don't keep the Zombies out of the park, we simply keep ourselves out of the park after dusk...

;)

XYY

50 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Well if you'd actually seen "The Omega Man" - the camp, 70s film version of Richard Matheson's novel "I Am Legend" that I posted a trailer for further up the thread - then you would know that proper Zombies are allergic to light, and only come out at night...!

We don't keep the Zombies out of the park, we simply keep ourselves out of the park after dusk...

;)

XYY

Charlton Heston?

One percent
2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

;)

XYY

I think you are getting your zombies mixed up with your vampires. Careful there, literally a fatal mistake. 

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

;)

XYY

Ah, well I have seen the Will Smith version of that film. So the The Darkseekers, or something like that, as I recall. Bit surprised the park in the morning isn't a field of broken glass, used syringes and the occasional cadaver in that case! 

On 15/05/2019 at 20:47, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Gives you the  answer to the question of 'Why has my house doubled in value' which saw you come to the ToS.

From 2002ish, the banks started lending double the money 0- easily done by selling an IO mortgage, which allows idiots to borrow  twice as much  for the same asset.

And they started lending millions to a bunch of idiots who thought they understood property

21 Naisbett Avenue,
21 Jan 2019 £22,000 -3.5% -11.4%
09 Feb 2016 £22,800 -24.0% -46.0%
12 Mar 2004 £30,000 * 25.0% 19.1%
30 Jul 2002 £24,000 * n/a

n/a

21 Jan 2019 £22,500 -6.3% -12.7%
25 Jul 2016 £24,000 * 11.6% 10.0%
14 Oct 2015 £21,500 * -24.6% -46.3%
24 Mar 2004 £28,500 * n/a

n/a

Archived