• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Well I’ve not decorated my bedroom for over 6 years but I noticed this starting to apear about 3 years ago so I covered it up and forgot about it it will scape off very easily and the wallpapers not affected I’m going to wipe it off and paint over it and see if it reappeares the house is a 1890s terrace btw 

1AE74B33-969E-430D-926F-02F697C456FD.jpeg

Just now, whocares said:

It just looks like modern art to me!   What colour are the walls supposed to be and what colour is the (pet) mould?  Sorry, I'm no help. O.o

Quite. I didn't like it a first, but now it's growing on me.

Just wipe it down with some strong bleach.

10 minutes ago, whocares said:

It just looks like modern art to me!   What colour are the walls supposed to be and what colour is the (pet) mould?  Sorry, I'm no help. O.o

A lad at work thinks it’s salt that’s being forced out of the plaster ie gypsum which they used years ago 

16 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

A lad at work thinks it’s salt that’s being forced out of the plaster ie gypsum which they used years ago 

I think that sounds possible and a lot better than mould!  We get that here in SW France - limed walls?

2 minutes ago, whocares said:

I think that sounds possible and a lot better than mould!  We get that here in SW France - limed walls?

It would point to water geting into the bricks but not badly enough to start mould but. Enough to start the salt migrating away em I might scrape it off tomorrow and see if the wall paper comes off with it

14 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

It would point to water geting into the bricks but not badly enough to start mould but. Enough to start the salt migrating away em I might scrape it off tomorrow and see if the wall paper comes off with it

4 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Can I just add my disappointment here that this isn't a thread about a replacement for Grumpy Cat?

Well grumpy cat could turn into mouldy cat if left long enough or maggoty cat 

11 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

I was hoping the crabby feline would be embarking on a new career proving key economic theories. 

I heard Diana Abbott had approached a sealife center about borrowing an octopus 

Doesn't look like efflorescence to me.   Looks like mould.  (seen a lot of efflorescence, not so much mould).

If it's mould, I'd kill it where it stands.  Don't give the spores a chance to go walkabout.   Least not cos some of them walk into your lungs.  Kill it by spraying something on it.  Then wipe it when its dead, a day or two later.

http://www.emcouncils.gov.uk/write/Condensation_mould_flyer(env).pdf