• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

I quite like the look of this house

OIEO is a warning sign -- it means they don't know how to value it.  Or, rather, that there's a reason why they can't just apply local valuation metrics.

'No building regs' is a klaxon for those that missed the OIEO.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Very nice; £100k is a steal.

I’m not so sure about steal will mean a few more years of debt but it fills most of the criteria I’m after however I need to take the concept of moveing up the ladder a bit more seriesly ie see the bank and get another mortgage in principle ready and tidy my house then get it on the market my biggest problem was that Muslim iman that got caught with a 13 million pound mortgage fraud he owned over 60 local terraces and the banks trying to get rid of them lol

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

OIEO is a warning sign -- it means they don't know how to value it.  Or, rather, that there's a reason why they can't just apply local valuation metrics.

Yes the loft I wonder if it has a fireman’s pole and a pair of stepladders hence no laughing at the back

Edited by stokiescum

Looks alright. Is it ex council? Similar style of house to the one I grew up in. 

£100k seems like a good price compared to my home city of Norwich. For the same asking price you could buy a 1bedroomed flat (leasehold obviously). 

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

Where did you see no building regs?  I couldn't find that o.O

Does look too good to be true..  and it looks like someone spent half that value just kitting out the interior. That said, it is in one of the only areas of the country where that level of pricing doesn't surprise me. 

1 minute ago, UmBongo said:

Looks alright. Is it ex council? Similar style of house to the one I grew up in. 

£100k seems like a good price compared to my home city of Norwich. For the same asking price you could buy a 1bedroomed flat (leasehold obviously). 

Yes it’s on what at the time was the largest social housing estate in Europe it’s rammed out with single mothers which is a plus point and there’s a couple of pubs on the estate which has actually improved a lot since thatcher

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Does look too good to be true..  and it looks like someone spent half that value just kitting out the interior. That said, it is in one of the only areas of the country where that level of pricing doesn't surprise me. 

True wages are shit around here however that means anyone on the national avarage wage earns good money compared to most but don’t think stoke is immune to stupidity there are new builds no bigger than my 50k terrace being sold for 200k on several estates within a 5 min drive from me to the gullible er I mean young aspiring 

Edited by stokiescum

23 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Its empty.

Even without finance, every empty month is cost at least £100.

Put an offer in 60k.

I can see a solution to th problems with OAP care.

Make the fuckers sell their hosuesin Surry and London and move to an estate in Stoke. Plenty of on top cheap labour.

Otherwise fuckers can stay where they are and pay £20/h for home help.

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

True wages are shit around here however that means anyone on the national avarage wage earns good money compared to most but don’t think stoke is immune to stupidity there are new builds no bigger than my 50k terrace being sold for 200k on several estates within a 5 min drive from me to the gullible er I mean young aspiring 

Sold once for 200k.

Type repo and sell for 40k.

The idiocy of HTB in the North midlands is a sight to behold.

14 minutes ago, Libspero said:

In the .pdf. "Useful loft space but no building regs".

probably not a huge issue itself, but may be an indicator of more significant issues elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Its empty.

Even without finance, every empty month is cost at least £100.

Put an offer in 60k.

I can see a solution to th problems with OAP care.

Make the fuckers sell their hosuesin Surry and London and move to an estate in Stoke. Plenty of on top cheap labour.

Otherwise fuckers can stay where they are and pay £20/h for home help.

Sold once for 200k.

Type repo and sell for 40k.

The idiocy of HTB in the North midlands is a sight to behold.

It’s geting silly trust me around here now I take no notice of zoopla I personally don’t care if I actually loose money on it but the banks use similar algorithms I’ve had a lodger for over 2 years so he has subsided me and I’ve spent very little on maintanence however I will cut to the chase I paid 49k just over 6 years ago zoopla now says 64k so that’s 15k so even my fucked up maths says 15k divided by 70 months here is what ? That’s what your up against and the banks will loan to that it’s fucking nuts ps that daft computer is basicly saying my house is going up by 214 quid each and every month from a personal point of view if I get my 49k back I would be more than happy

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

In the .pdf. "Useful loft space but no building regs".

probably not a huge issue itself, but may be an indicator of more significant issues elsewhere.

The mortgage company might well disagree.

My concerns would be that the roof was structurally sound (ie, lots of big open spaces in the loft space; there would almost certainly have been crossbeams when it was built).  This is doubly important as it is semi-detached, and the owner would likely hold the liability to the adjoining roof's integrity if a problem emerged.  Insurance would mitigate, but you'd need quite a bit of investigation (including, I'd imagine, looking under the plasterboard) to get the engineer's certificate that would satisfy the insurers.

Edited by dgul

9 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

It’s geting silly trust me around here now I take no notice of zoopla I personally don’t care if I actually loose money on it but the banks use similar algorithms I’ve had a lodger for over 2 years so he has subsided me and I’ve spent very little on maintanence however I will cut to the chase I paid 49k just over 6 years ago zoopla now says 64k so that’s 15k so even my fucked up maths says 15k divided by 70 months here is what ? That’s what your up against and the banks will loan to that it’s fucking nuts ps that daft computer is basicly saying my house is going up by 214 quid each and every month from a personal point of view if I get my 49k back I would be more than happy

Zooplas actually useless. Its stats engine is shit and cannot cope with the liw teansactions tge uk has.

But i know know loads of idiots - mainly women - who spend what zoopla say tge house gas gine up by.

Bank lend on wages now, not EAs wishful thinking.

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

... Based purely on the amount of shouts capitals in the description.

Look over here, not over there.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

The mortgage company might well disagree.

My concerns would be that the roof was structurally sound (ie, lots of big open spaces in the loft space; there would almost certainly have been crossbeams when it was built).  This is doubly important as it is semi-detached, and the owner would likely hold the liability to the adjoining roof's integrity if a problem emerged.  Insurance would mitigate, but you'd need quite a bit of investigation (including, I'd imagine, looking under the plasterboard) to get the engineer's certificate that would satisfy the insurers.

Indeed.

Rare you get a sale ad saying the house has been structurally compromised.

Put an offer in conditional on building regs.

Otherwise say max you can go is 20k as theres issues with loft.

1 minute ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

It will sell in no time for circa £100k

They dont, now.

Low wage area, so max locals can get is 80k for couple.

Io btl slumlording is dead. Banks dont lend.

6 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

It will sell in no time for circa £100k

It isn't up at oiro 100k.  It is oieo 100k -- a completely different thing.

The 100k is just there to get the punters looking, then overlooking the flaws while they get into a bidding war.

11 minutes ago, dgul said:

It isn't up at oiro 100k.  It is oieo 100k -- a completely different thing.

The 100k is just there to get the punters looking, then overlooking the flaws while they get into a bidding war.

I suspect that’s what will happen 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes I agree but it’s not has nice is it you would need to spend 20k plus to match the kitchen and the loft maybe more but there’s to much easy credit about I could borrow acoarding to Lloyd’s 108,000 pounds and I’m 53 and a care worker for want of a better word you could say I might only get offered 75% of that but it’s still within my range and at my age and a single applicant I honestly think that’s a bit daft 

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

Yes I agree but it’s not has nice is it you would need to spend 20k plus to match the kitchen and the loft maybe more but there’s to much easy credit about I could borrow acoarding to Lloyd’s 108,000 pounds and I’m 53 and a care worker for want of a better word you could say I might only get offered 75% of that but it’s still within my range and at my age and a single applicant I honestly think that’s a bit daft 

Fair enough, but get a friendly expert to look at the roof construction before spending.

5 minutes ago, dgul said:

Fair enough, but get a friendly expert to look at the roof construction before spending.

I’m window shopping I’m to far behind the curve at the moment some days I wake up thinking should I become the on off girlfriends carer and basicly retire or others it’s get another terrace and rent it out and keep my lodger yet others it’s buy a 4 bed terrace and rent 3 rooms out I honestly don’t know what I want all I know is next August I can cash in a small pension and get around 23k cash my mortgage should be cleared by November if I go for a bigger house I know I can destroy any mortgage I take out rapidly providing im

sensable ie tops of borrowing 50k more but I realy do hate being in debt and I’m more of a fuck the system over type of guy