• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Errol

European Election: How will you vote?

European Election: How will you vote?  

107 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How will you vote in the EU election on 23/5/19?

• Brexit Party
    • Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal
    • Green
    • CUK
    • UKIP

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/19 at 22:00

Posted (edited)

How will you vote in the forthcoming EU election?

Brexit Party for me (although apparently you can't vote on a poll you create, which is odd).

Edited by Errol

Tempted to vote for Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (I’m in the  North West) but think it would split the Brexit vote, so voted for Brexit Party by post.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

In its form this may technically be a vote to decide which MEP's we'll send to the European Parliament, but in its substance it's going to be taken by Westminster as a de facto vote on brexit.

So I'd say that you should vote, and vote as if it were a vote on brexit, because in reality it is.

A year's supply of agreeable reps here for you!

And they and their mates may have set things up so anything but a rut will be seen as weak support for Brexit!

T*ssers.

Edited by Harley

8 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

In its form this may technically be a vote to decide which MEP's we'll send to the European Parliament, but in its substance it's going to be taken by Westminster as a de facto vote on brexit.

So I'd say that you should vote, and vote as if it were a vote on brexit, because in reality it is.

Totally.

Whilst it's not going to happen if scummer Vince Cable and his merry band of hapless failures somehow won 60% of the vote I think that would kill off Brexit.

Maybe they'll fix the vote in the interests of "national security" as odd they've done nothing to stop it.  Or maybe they're thinking it will cause WA4 to bounce through, especially with the talk (stage setting) that WA4 will get rejected.  But high risk - really think that will lance the boil?  Delusional, unless they intend to follow up with mass shock and awe (war and/or economic crisis and/or massive tupperist event, etc) to permenantly distract us all.  It's going to get rough. 

3 minutes ago, Harley said:

Maybe they'll fix the vote in the interests of "national security" as odd they've done nothing to stop it.  Or maybe they're thinking it will cause WA4 to bounce through, especially with the talk (stage setting) that WA4 will get rejected.  But high risk - really think that will lance the boil?  Delusional, unless they intend to follow up with mass shock and awe (war and/or economic crisis and/or massive tupperist event, etc) to permenantly distract us all.  It's going to get rough. 

It's a meaningless election. A pantomime. The main parties are worried about the general election, not this one.

4 minutes ago, billfunk said:

It's a meaningless election. A pantomime. The main parties are worried about the general election, not this one.

They are worried about getting wiped out because that would encourage voters to repeat their voting at the GE.

At that point it becomes six hundred unemployed career politicians and their parties imploding; they will lose their houses, kids out of private school, start looking for a normal job with no real life experience.

There will be fear stalking the corridors of Portcullis House if the Brexit Party exceeds 50% of the vote.

Just now, Great Guy said:

I see two people voted for the Liberals/ Greens? I'd be interested to know why they are voting that way?

WUMs.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

They are worried about getting wiped out because that would encourage voters to repeat their voting at the GE.

At that point it becomes six hundred unemployed career politicians and their parties imploding; they will lose their houses, kids out of private school, start looking for a normal job with no real life experience.

There will be fear stalking the corridors of Portcullis House if the Brexit Party exceeds 50% of the vote.

WUMs.

Some woman (Anna Soubry?) was on R4 Any Questions yesterday. I could sense panic in her voice as she hectored the audience; she had a real go at a man in the audience who dared to criticise burkha-wearers. In fact he didn't criticise them, he merely asked what was wrong with criticising them. I think the mainstream parties are getting quite spooked at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I see two people voted for the Liberals/ Greens? I'd be interested to know why they are voting that way?

Spunko has since removed them from the forum. 

In 2016 we were given endless scare stories about what a Brexit vote would mean. We voted Brexit and none of these scare stories has come true. In 2019 we're getting more scare stories about Brexit and the media and politicains expect us to believe their scare stories. 

I was on another website and someone was saying "Brexit would mean no more environmental protection or worker rights". FFS, the Magna Carta was signed 800 years ago and we've had environmental protection for the last hundred years.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Some woman (Anna Soubry?) was on R4 Any Questions yesterday. I could sense panic in her voice as she hectored the audience; she had a real go at a man in the audience who dared to criticise burkha-wearers. In fact he didn't criticise them, he merely asked what was wrong with criticising them. I think the mainstream parties are getting quite spooked at the moment. 

There has been a century of "muggins' turn" as MPs of the three main parties either get elected or get some party job whilst they await their re-election in four years' time which duly happens.

People like George Os borne and Amber Rudd, well connected, rich, never worked, could just hook into that and look forward to a very comfortable thirty years' of good income, ego stroking, and various awards to top it off.

This is the moment where they are beginning to worry that their easy downhill coasting rail track is actually headed for the wall on which they dash the older engines.

It's similar to hearing that the company at which you thought you had a well paid job for life has just found a multi-million black hole in the accounts. Suddenly there is real fear.

Edit: I don't care for the "Gideon" autocorrect so have undone it.

Edited by Frank Hovis

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I have to disagree with that. The Euro elections are firstly, about sending a strong message to Westminster about Brexit. Secondly, it is important to have Eurosceptic representation in the European Parliament as it is entirely possible we may never leave the EU in the foreseeable future. Thirdly, it is a 'dry run' for the next General Election for the Brexit Party to gauge its support and to encourage defections from other parties. Fourthly, the EU elections will be worth it (assuming BP has huge gains) just to see the looks on the faces of the bien-pensant, Brexit-blocking class.

Nyeah.

We have already sent two strong messages to Westminster about Brexit and they have ignored them both. I don't see how it is important to have any representation in the European Parliament as representation means nothing to a sham democracy like the EU. Maybe it is a dry run for the general election or maybe the sheeple just revert to type as they have done since the year dot. Dry run = meaningless. The Brexit blocking class will just fudge and lie no matter what the result so no change there.

Like you I would love this election to be a watershed moment in British politics. I just think you are one election too early. The watershed moment may well be the next general election, but certainly not this phoney european election. Good for feelz but not much else.

I will still be voting and laughing at the Bremain nazis but I don't believe for a second any real change will come from this particular farce.

Edited by billfunk

52 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

WUMs.

So the next GE is the meaningful election, not this one. QED.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, billfunk said:

Nyeah.

We have already sent two strong messages to Westminster about Brexit and they have ignored them both. I don't see how it is important to have any representation in the European Parliament as representation means nothing to a sham democracy like the EU. Maybe it is a dry run for the general election or maybe the sheeple just revert to type as they have done since the year dot. Dry run = meaningless. The Brexit blocking class will just fudge and lie no matter what the result so no change there.

Like you I would love this election to be a watershed moment in British politics. I just think you are one election too early. The watershed moment may well be the next general election, but certainly not this phoney european election. Good for feelz but not much else.

I will still be voting and laughing at the Bremain nazis but I don't believe for a second any real change will come from this particular farce.

Yep, I can't see why the EU election is being hyped as if it will change anything.

"The parties are worried" mantra, is bollocks. They will only be worried at a GE.

The only reason I can think for TPTB's orchestrated media hype is that if they want to subsequently twist May 23rd as a "Peoples' Vote"

See if the headlines or MPs say on May 24th  "Clearly, May 23rd WAS a People's Vote"

In that case, it could be used either way depending upon the outcome and agenda

If TPTB want to Remain, a strong Remain outcome would give them that authority in Parliament

If TPTB want to Brexit, a strong Brexit outcome would give them that authority in Parliament,

Now, what does TPTB want ?

Edited by Hopeful