DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Greybullshit

spygirl

So, after the dust settles again on a greybullshit disaster.

What do you think of the company.

How Greybull could yet profit from the British Steel ‘tragedy’

https://www.ft.com/content/7279969a-7e10-11e9-81d2-f785092ab560

Yes itas an FT paywall link.

No, I dont think greybull are a leveraged asset stripper like Lord cuntweasle green.

Yes, theyll probably walk away with some money but not a huge amount.

Ill take snippets as i dont want FT on spunkos back

A co-investor in another Greybull deal said: “They don’t have financial power when they’re proved wrong. Circumstances change. That’s why you get into big trouble.”

Very much agree with this.

I thuink the brothers are a pair of idiots, playing at being VC/Pe but dont have access to liquid  cash.

The issue with spending the carbon credit then having to beg for the cash from UKGOV was shockingly fuckwitted. If they weer going to specualte then why not hedge a bit?

I reckon they look at a distreed compnay that has cash flowing and try and bring their genius management, to try and justify the charges.

But t6hey are operating in big cash guzzlers with low margins. So any fucking around with cahsflow blwos up i ntheir face, leaving them nowhere to go as they do not have enough credit or credibility to tide thigns over.

Jon Moulton, an outspoken private equity veteran and veteran turnround investor, said: “I think the failure is both a combination of factors associated to Brexit but also it is an indication that [the] Greybull distressed investment model doesn’t work.” However, he reckoned: “Greybull making a profit out of this tragedy is likely.”

Scunthorpe steel would have gone out of business a long time ago without them, they have a bad reputation but you always hear about what they got wrong and never what they got (probably very profitably) right!  Tata got shot of it for a reason.

IMO the steel works will be bought out in the near future and will be still going in 10 years time, although with the world teetering on the edge of the next financial crisis its not an ideal time to be looking for a buyer.

On 25/05/2019 at 08:13, Majorpain said:

Scunthorpe steel would have gone out of business a long time ago without them, they have a bad reputation but you always hear about what they got wrong and never what they got (probably very profitably) right!  Tata got shot of it for a reason.

IMO the steel works will be bought out in the near future and will be still going in 10 years time, although with the world teetering on the edge of the next financial crisis its not an ideal time to be looking for a buyer.

I think GB go into stuff where they see a strugglign compnay that still has cash flowing.

I dotn know but I guess theyll go in thinking - OH,. we can charge a management fee, lend them cash from out finance company, do some magic. reduce costs then sell the smaller company on.

I think its nothing more than an expensive version of mug punters buying stocks that have fallen 90%.

These days, theres not much left when a compnay goes bust.

All the assets will have charges on them.

Archived