• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The next PM  

75 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. I predict the next PM will be..

• Boris
    • Raab
    • Jeremy Cunt
    • Amber Rudd
    • Michael Gove
    • Esther what's her name
    • Sajid Javid
    • Steve Baker
    • Someone else
    • Andrea Leadsom
    • Fucking polls

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/19 at 10:34

Posted (edited)

So whose it going to be? Quite a few are remainers, so can't be trusted to do Brexit properly. My monies on rab or Johnson, with worst possible rudd.  Discuss. 

Edited by spunko

Posted (edited)

The current Tory leadership has played a role in the current shambles. They need a clear out a la post 1997. I suspect it will take at least 1 full parliamentary term for it to happen. In the meantime the shitshow will carry on, and the Tories’ decline continues. Probably with Bojo as leader until the wipeout at the next GE. The only attractive thing about winning now is that the predecessor was so poor.

Edited by Horrified Onlooker
Adding apostrophe b4 pedants notice

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I always thought Gove seemed to speak the best on the radio during the 2016 Brexit campaign.

Apparently he is toxic with a lot of the parliamentary party after 2016 leadership shenanigans. Many blame him for May’s selection.

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Worth a read all the way through.

I like the cut of his jib. And a born again Christian wouldn't be a bad thing currently.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Baker_(politician)

I like the sound of him, however it's usually muggin's turn so it will be one of the ministerial side shufflers getting it as Treason May did, though in her case by default.

6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Worth a read all the way through.

I like the cut of his jib. And a born again Christian wouldn't be a bad thing currently.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Baker_(politician)

Apparently, according to Guido, only Mark Francois has backed him publicly. I think he will struggle to appeal to the ‘broad church’ (self interested careerists) of the Tory MPs.

2 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Apparently, according to Guido, only Mark Francois has backed him publicly. I think he will struggle to appeal to the ‘broad church’ (self interested careerists) of the Tory MPs.

Maybe. But almost all the other candidates are marmite.

Conservatives have a long history of electing unknowns because they offend the fewest MPs.

It doesn't seem to be about how many friends you have, it is the number of enemies that matters.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

He's a brexiter alternative to Johnson,  so stands a good chance as the "never Johnson" gang can vote for him. I also think the bigger names are too tainted, if it goes to a member vote for a run off, Baker will be a good bet.

Edited by snaga

Aunt May not being thoroughly tested in a tough leadership process was always a criticism.

Her weaknesses would likely have been exposed earlier. Tories said to be determined not to repeat that mistake.

Yet I've heard several MSM interviews during which it's being suggested that Boris is polling so far ahead of the other seventeen hopefuls that they may choose to drop out to avoid a pointless contest.

Some say providing Boris makes it into final two he's home and dry. His problem is factions are determined to stop him unless he partners with a remainer. Most likely Amber Rudd.

I hope not, I've already seen more than enough of Rudd.

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Some say providing Boris makes it into final two he's home and dry.

I think this time there will be a final member vote run off, between a remainer and a brexiteer. If so the brexiteer will win. In later rounds of voting we may see tactical voting against Boris to stop him being the brexiteer candidate.

36 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Johnson, there won't be any surprises.

And my money's on him turning out to be completely useless, just more of the same

As far as I can see Johnson’s only problem is going to be getting through the MPs vote onto on the shortlist as he has a fair few enemies in Parliament. Once there I imagine he will walk the Conservative party members vote. That said those who dislike Johnson may be only too happy for him to be passed the poison chalice.

10 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Aunt May not being thoroughly tested in a tough leadership process was always a criticism.

Her weaknesses would likely have been exposed earlier. Tories said to be determined not to repeat that mistake.

Yet I've heard several MSM interviews during which it's being suggested that Boris is polling so far ahead of the other seventeen hopefuls that they may choose to drop out to avoid a pointless contest.

Some say providing Boris makes it into final two he's home and dry. His problem is factions are determined to stop him unless he partners with a remainer. Most likely Amber Rudd.

I hope not, I've already seen more than enough of Rudd.

May was a poor minister and had all the charisma of a bus stop so no surprise she struggled. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Simon said:

I always thought Gove seemed to speak the best on the radio during the 2016 Brexit campaign.

45 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Apparently he is toxic with a lot of the parliamentary party after 2016 leadership shenanigans. Many blame him for May’s selection.

The sad thing about Gove is he is probably the most competent of the possible  contenders at ministerial level ( not that the bar is set very high) and might make a reasonable  PM.  Even the So-Called BBC note that point

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44565750

I just don’t think he will play well enough with the public

I don’t trust Johnson and would certainly be checking the silver cutlery if he came round for dinner.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 hour ago, Simon said:

duplicitous

Runs with the hare and hunts with the hounds

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Johnson, there won't be any surprises.

And my money's on him turning out to be completely useless, just more of the same

Like May he's been associated with the tory opposition and government for a long time so it's reasonable to expect more of the same - can kicking etc.  I expect more or less the same can be said of all the other eventual candidates for the job   They'll all be on can kicking message despite what they say during the election process to try to get the job of Prime Minister.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

The current Tory leadership has played a role in the current shambles. They need a clear out a la post 1997. I suspect it will take at least 1 full parliamentary term for it to happen. In the meantime the shitshow will carry on, and the Tories’ decline continues. Probably with Bojo as leader until the wipeout at the next GE. The only attractive thing about winning now is that the predecessor was so poor.

There’s a grave accent missing also.

Next PM? May will somehow confuse everyone, wear a disguise and a pair of trousers and get back in.