• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Writing your memoirs isn’t as lucrative as one would expect

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7070835/David-Cameron-considering-dramatic-political-return-standing-MP-friends-reveal.html

David Cameron is considering making a dramatic political comeback by standing again for Parliament, friends have told The Mail on Sunday.

Brexiteer MPs fear the former Prime Minister could team up with his old ally Gideon after claims that the ex-Chancellor privately hinted he harboured ambitions to return to government

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7070835/David-Cameron-considering-dramatic-political-return-standing-MP-friends-reveal.html

David Cameron is considering making a dramatic political comeback by standing again for Parliament, friends have told The Mail on Sunday.

Brexiteer MPs fear the former Prime Minister could team up with his old ally Gideon after claims that the ex-Chancellor privately hinted he harboured ambitions to return to government

I thought this was going to be about Moby. 

Edited by The Generation Game

1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

I thought this was going to be about Moby. 

Maybe the title should have read “returning to UK politics when the lucrative gravy train that is the Eu looks like ending “. xD

From the article.....

“One source claimed last night that friends of Mr Cameron had made discreet enquiries about standing in Sevenoaks – one of the safest Tory seats in the country – after the expected retirement of the sitting MP Sir Michael Fallon.”

9_9

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

Its blowing up in Camorons face.

He's a excellent point of reference to how life  has changed for the Etonians adn the like.

He left Uni (early 90s) when the City had well turned from being aristo to metito. Teh city is now much smaller and techno.

Camoron ended up as a PR man, thats aposh word for putting prozzy  ads in phone boxes - O n A levels.

There's no where for a for a nice but dim posh kid these days. If your parents dont have money then you are fucked.

haha

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

He's a excellent point of reference to how life  has changed for the Etonians adn the like.

He left Uni (early 90s) when the City had well turned from being aristo to metito. Teh city is now much smaller and techno.

Camoron ended up as a PR man, thats aposh word for putting prozzy  ads in phone boxes - O n A levels.

There's no where for a for a nice but dim posh kid these days. If your parents dont have money then you are fucked.

haha

He was, IMO, a useless and feeble PM. Doesn’t deserve a second chance. I hope if he tries to make a political comeback he’ll fail. As posted above though he could stand in a shoe in seat. 

16 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

From the article.....

“One source claimed last night that friends of Mr Cameron had made discreet enquiries about standing in Sevenoaks working in Starbucks – one of the safest Tory seats in the country – after the expected retirement of the sitting MP Sir Michael Fallon.”

9_9

Im not sure if this story ir true or not.

There are certainly a long list of people out to get hi. both sides of the brexit divide.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Im not sure if this story ir true or not.

There are certainly a long list of people out to get hi. both sides of the brexit divide.

Indeed!

Still I’m predicting a long spell of political upheaval in uk and wider Europe because of people voting for “popular” parties or people.

Eagerly awaiting eu election results to try and assess what’s happening in the political world.

Edited by Van Lady

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

His wife is absolutely loaded. Big time.

Just now, maynardgravy said:

He could stand for the useless spoon-faced cuck party. Then he could connect with his army of working class Villa West Ham soccerball fans.

You missed out hug a hoodie 

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

haha

This is just the typical MSM ‘they couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery’ schtick the proles love.

24 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

He could stand for the useless spoon-faced cuck party. Then he could connect with his army of working class Villa West Ham soccerball fans.

Not as bad as Jeremy Hunt who seems to misrember whether his wife is of Chinese or Japanese heritage.

Memoirs were quite lucrative for the Obamas and Clintons, as I recall.

Call me Dave failed in every single important element of his job, if he and Gideon had done their jobs properly and repealed everything Labour had done economically and re. immigration (it would have triggered a major recession, they didn't have the balls) then there wouldn't even have been much appetite for Brexit because it wouldn't have been necessary. There would have been millions less EU people in the country and none of them would have been living on benefits.

So why would the country need a complete failure back in office?

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

Not as bad as Jeremy Hunt who seems to misrember whether his wife is of Chinese or Japanese heritage.

You're right. Hunt scares me more than any other prospective leader. If ever there was an example of an MI6 compromises MK ultra candidate, this is it.

6 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Memoirs were quite lucrative for the Obamas and Clintons, as I recall.

Call me Dave failed in every single important element of his job, if he and Gideon had done their jobs properly and repealed everything Labour had done economically and re. immigration (it would have triggered a major recession, they didn't have the balls) then there wouldn't even have been much appetite for Brexit because it wouldn't have been necessary. There would have been millions less EU people in the country and none of them would have been living on benefits.

So why would the country need a complete failure back in office?

The memoirs, lecture circuits and after dinner speaking is all just bullshit prole food. They could barely sell a book and make a series of ruinous property deals and I absolutely guarantee they will never end up mixing paints in B&Q.

Posted (edited)

When David Cameron sent the RAF to bomb Libya in 2011 which has led to nearly a decade of utter chaos in that country, does that make him a supreme war criminal for launching an illegal war of aggression?

Edit: Of course not, silly me. It's OK when we do it.

Edited by Stunley Andwin

6 hours ago, SNACR said:

This is just the typical MSM ‘they couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery’ schtick the proles love.

No, more complex than that.

This is not down to organising or leading, if it  was, youd bump into loads of over confident Etonains/guards officers everywhere.

There's been a massive shift in the skills needed in the highest paying areas of the Uk - finance.

Go back pre big bang, which is only 35 years ago and the City was small and ran on that word-is-my-bond bullshit, which if you've seen the fallout.

Instead thers been a rapid shift that saw old school toffs replaced by barrow boys, who were rapidly replaced by techocrats who were then replaced by the software itself. Look at the changes from open outcry (human) to matched bargains exchanges.

By the time Camaeron left Uni, all that was left was him was PR - chatting to people.

Osbourne, 7 years later, nothing.

3 hours ago, Stunley Andwin said:

When David Cameron sent the RAF to bomb Libya in 2011 which has led to nearly a decade of utter chaos in that country, does that make him a supreme war criminal for launching an illegal war of aggression?

Edit: Of course not, silly me. It's OK when we do it.

Think Sarkozy was the main European instigator of that - allegedly he wanted Gaddafi silenced about contributions to his election campaign. Hence him being killed instead of tried publicly. Call me Dave was just doing the classic British follow-the-Americans thing. 

Gaddafi had kept that Africa-Europe immigration route closed as well before then, perhaps someone in the Middle East or the US wanted it opened.

Read a post from a Libyan that lamented the ousting of Gaddafi.

He was as bad as everyone says apart from his later years. He had squirreled away so much loot that he started spending it. Hospitals and schools etc. and he was getting off on playing the good guy for once.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

No, more complex than that.

This is not down to organising or leading, if it  was, youd bump into loads of over confident Etonains/guards officers everywhere.

There's been a massive shift in the skills needed in the highest paying areas of the Uk - finance.

Go back pre big bang, which is only 35 years ago and the City was small and ran on that word-is-my-bond bullshit, which if you've seen the fallout.

Instead thers been a rapid shift that saw old school toffs replaced by barrow boys, who were rapidly replaced by techocrats who were then replaced by the software itself. Look at the changes from open outcry (human) to matched bargains exchanges.

By the time Camaeron left Uni, all that was left was him was PR - chatting to people.

Osbourne, 7 years later, nothing.

So you think it went something like ‘Nat, isn’t your pa involved is some sort of grubby money lending, I fancy a job in the city’

’Well, yes he’s head of the most powerful banking dynasty the world’s ever seen, but he runs a tight ship these days and can only take on the best autistic maths bods and fast talking sales chaps from the hoi polloi so no can do Georgey boy’

’I say, that’s a bloody poor show, I think I’II have to fold towels, in Selfridges or something. I suppose if I save a whole month’s pay I’II be able to chip in for one bottle champagne on a night out with you and the fellas’

Considering you pride yourself on your ability to sniff out a pikey or a gimmigrant, like the fucking Childcatcher or something, are you planning on ever catching the spaceship back to earth from planet naive.

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Think Sarkozy was the main European instigator of that - allegedly he wanted Gaddafi silenced about contributions to his election campaign. Hence him being killed instead of tried publicly. Call me Dave was just doing the classic British follow-the-Americans thing. 

Gaddafi had kept that Africa-Europe immigration route closed as well before then, perhaps someone in the Middle East or the US wanted it opened.

I think most likely you’re right with the latter and he probably didn’t want his country being used a mass departure lounge for migrants on their way to Europe. I have a feeling they tried to get his son onboard with the programme at the LSE - the same place giving it the girl power thing, to wimmin telling them they’ll be happier childless.