• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Horrible racist Cornish

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7078125/Primary-school-pupil-11-reveals-racist-abuse-classmates.html

An 11-year-old boy has revealed he is regularly subjected to racist abuse by his fellow primary school pupils who make him 'nervous about what is going to happen' to him every day.  

Ashley Davies, who is of mixed race ethnicity, claims he is regularly targeted by other children who use derogatory and sickening insults referring to him as a 'slave'.

The youngster says he has been the subject of hateful comments from other children in his last year of primary education, often racially abused with names such as 'black idiot', and the n-word.

Ashley joined the school in September after the family moved back to Cornwall from Liverpool, to enjoy a life beside the sea.

Mrs Davies, whose grandparents are originally from Jamaica, said she had been the subject of open racial abuse in the street while living in Cornwall.

'It's constant,' she said. 'I've been spat at in the street and I also get comments like: 'You guys are alright because you work hard'.'

'I work as a carer and I was walking past a pub a few weeks ago at about 9pm. I was going to care for someone's grandmother and a group of men outside the pub shouted: 'Look at the n***** nurse!'

im not sure I believe this. I think there may be an agenda 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7078125/Primary-school-pupil-11-reveals-racist-abuse-classmates.html

An 11-year-old boy has revealed he is regularly subjected to racist abuse by his fellow primary school pupils who make him 'nervous about what is going to happen' to him every day.  

Ashley Davies, who is of mixed race ethnicity, claims he is regularly targeted by other children who use derogatory and sickening insults referring to him as a 'slave'.

The youngster says he has been the subject of hateful comments from other children in his last year of primary education, often racially abused with names such as 'black idiot', and the n-word.

Ashley joined the school in September after the family moved back to Cornwall from Liverpool, to enjoy a life beside the sea.

Mrs Davies, whose grandparents are originally from Jamaica, said she had been the subject of open racial abuse in the street while living in Cornwall.

'It's constant,' she said. 'I've been spat at in the street and I also get comments like: 'You guys are alright because you work hard'.'

'I work as a carer and I was walking past a pub a few weeks ago at about 9pm. I was going to care for someone's grandmother and a group of men outside the pub shouted: 'Look at the n***** nurse!'

im not sure I believe this. I think there may be an agenda 

I believe it, as much as I believe all the shit I went through at school and since, as I'm sure pretty much everybody has to some level. Isolated incidents that I ascribe to idiots rather than some over arching insidious master plan targeted at me personally.

I'm sure I'd do well in a game of victim top trumps but I don't ascribe it to the colour of my skin.

Edited by gilf

I believe each thing has probably happened once,  and has been turned into a daily fail shock piece with the usual journalistic license.

How this is newsworthy however is bewildering.

Kid gets bullied at school "shocker" hold the front page  9_9

The whole race thing is irrelevant,  the school just needs to find out which kids are being mean to him and have a word with them (like you would any case of bullying).  The kid shouldn't have to put up with that,  neither should the mum.   Unfortunately some people are just bullies,  and if they weren't bullying him they would be doing the same to someone else for some other reason.   I'm sure this is going on in every school, every day on some level or another.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Liverpool is literally right on the coast. They were already living beside the sea. Why move to Cornwall?

The Cornish are racist against anyone who isn't Cornish (which means 5 generations minimum and being called Trelawney or the like), this is little to do with the colour of the kid's skin, though I daresay it doesn't help.

I remember a bloke at work who had 3 very bright kids when I was down there - he put them in the small village school out near Callington way at first, until he could make other arrangements, and joked that the average IQ of the pupils had doubled. He wasn't far wrong.

1,000,000 white schoolgirls raped by muslim men, according to Sarah Champion. 1. Million. 

When the daily mail has covered each and every last one of their ordeals, seen that every of their abusers has been in prison, and a million other problems solved, maybe we can get around to this little urchin, alongside all the fat kids called fat, ginger kids called ginger, four eyed kids called four eyes and so forth. 

Until then. Dont care. 

I once had a couple of black friends come down to visit for the weekend when I was living down in Cornwall in the mid 90s. They both became very conscious that they were “the only black people for 100 miles” and kept insisting that people were staring at them, but as far as I could tell it was all in their heads and people were almost entirely disinterested in them.

37 minutes ago, Errol said:

Liverpool is literally right on the coast. They were already living beside the sea. Why move to Cornwall?

Honestly,   I think some papers have so little respect for their readership that the journos throw in stuff like that just for a laugh knowing that half their readers won't even realise.. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

More work at the first. I wonder how much they are creaming in bennies 

Nah, plenty of care work in Cornwall if that's what you do(think it said the mum's in that field). HB and TC and "special kid" bennies will be the same whether in Scouseland or St Austell. If the kid's genuinely getting abuse it'll be in one of the inland "real" Cornish areas, the coast is dominated by wealthy interlopers so schools will have more non-Cornish kids.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I once had a couple of black friends come down to visit for the weekend when I was living down in Cornwall in the mid 90s. They both became very conscious that they were “the only black people for 100 miles” and kept insisting that people were staring at them, but as far as I could tell it was all in their heads and people were almost entirely disinterested in them.

probably confusing staring with people making freindly eye contact, probably a very odd feeling for city people that avoid eye contact for fear of being stabbed.

2 hours ago, gilf said:

I believe it, as much as I believe all the shit I went through at school and since, as I'm sure pretty much everybody has to some level. Isolated incidents that I ascribe to idiots rather than some over arching insidious master plan targeted at me personally.

I'm sure I'd do well in a game of victim top trumps but I don't ascribe it to the colour of my skin.

Plus anyone who comes from Liverpool probably has an accent that sticks out like a sore thumb.

As I've said before some areas of Cornwall are incredibly insular and dislike outsiders. And by outsiders I mean Cornish people from the next town.

Wadebridge don't like Bodmin and vice versa.

Redruth don't like Camborne.

Falmouth and 'Rinners (Penryn) have needle.

Etc.

To think that you can come down from Liverpool and look different and think that you will be welcomed with open arms is not understanding Cornwall or much of poor rural Britain. It's like rough council estates set amongst fields.

I have lived here, on and off, for coming up for forty years but because I don't have the accent I am assumed not to live here, including receiving advice in (friendly) pubs as to where I should visit "while I'm down".

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

As I've said before some areas of Cornwall are incredibly insular and dislike outsiders. And by outsiders I mean Cornish people from the next town.

Etc.

To think that you can come down from Liverpool and look different and think that you will be welcomed with open arms is not understanding Cornwall or much of poor rural Britain. It's like rough council estates set amongst fields.

I have lived here, on and off, for coming up for forty years but because I don't have the accent I am assumed not to live here, including receiving advice in (friendly) pubs as to where I should visit "while I'm down".

My home town used to have this attitude. Too many white settlers and attitudes seem to have changed. Mind, most of it was harmless banter 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

My home town used to have this attitude. Too many white settlers and attitudes seem to have changed. Mind, most of it was harmless banter 

I would use the analogy of a rough council estate where if a stranger walks in the question is "Which window do you want to be thrown through".

There are plenty of relaxed places in Cornwall where it wouldn't be an issue but those are the wealthier, or rather not dirt poor, places by the coast.

If that family had moved to, say, St Ives or Fowey they wouldn't have had a problem.

If however it was Roche, St Columb Major, clay country generally, Stratton, or the rough council estates in Camborne, Falmouth, Truro, and Penzance (as opposed to the perfectly nice bits of those towns) then yes an incomer is going to have a hard time especially if they are obviously an incomer.

There are plenty of places in Cornwall where, whilst I wouldn't fear for my safety, I wouldn't live as I wouldn't fit in purely because I'm not from there.

22 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Etc.

Similar story to where I used to live, the locals could be, and were, spectacularly parochial and insular. If you weren't at least third generation then they'd treat you like some kind of interloper. I'd certainly count a few of them as some of the most ignorant people I've ever met - arrogant too which is a deadly combination in and of itself.

Some were ok but there was certainly a large 'hardcore' of locals who thought everyone from outside of town was a dribbling fucking halfwit, which was ironic all things considered.

It would have been a similar story if these people visited my old neck of the woods, they would have been given some grief by the local shitkickers there too but said shitkickers would have given grief to anyone they didn't recognise, black or white.

Similar in my rural Scottish Borders town.

I came here when I was eight years old but would never be considered local by those who have grandparents here. I’ve met many nice incomers over the years who regard me as local and someone with lots of local knowledge.

When I first went to school here I got bullied because I had an “English” accent. I was born near sellafield to scottish parents. There were incomers there from all of the country so probably a wide variety of accents. Anyway the bullying didn’t last long and after 53 years I’m told I have a scottish accent.

It’s that group thing that can be problematic. In general different groups find it difficult to get on and that’s why I’m against multiculturalism. These anecdotes affirm my stance. It’s madness to introduce different cultures to the uk, we have plenty of different groups already causing trouble and grief to others.

3 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Mid 90`s were there any disco biscuits involved ,they tend to have that effect :D