• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Inconvenient news

10 minutes ago, spunko said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7084749/TOM-LEONARD-probes-troubling-truth-shaming-Martin-Luther-King.html

It'll be interesting if this gets any coverage. Perhaps we'll have to wait until 2027. 

This isnt new.

MLK put it about chronic.

He never expanded much on 'his dream'

I bet there were loads of durty wimmin in it ...

52 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Famous, powerful, articulate, socially advantaged man who attracted women by the dozen in sex scandal shocker!

Indeed, but the SJWs have held him up to be some sort of saint. I'm not interested in the story, just how it'll be reported. I suspect it won't be. #notmetoo

1 hour ago, Rowley said:

Famous, powerful, articulate, socially advantaged man who attracted women by the dozen in sex scandal shocker!

did he grab them by the pussy?

I heard some pundit on the news - damn, wish I had taken more notice - making excuses claiming that such treatment of women - allegedly rape and gang-rape according to the allegations - who went to hotel rooms with men was typical of its day.

Well, that's OK then. I am sure plenty of men who are being accused of things from decades back will now breathe a sigh of relief. 

24 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I heard some pundit on the news - damn, wish I had taken more notice - making excuses claiming that such treatment of women - allegedly rape and gang-rape according to the allegations - who went to hotel rooms with men was typical of its day.

Well, that's OK then. I am sure plenty of men who are being accused of things from decades back will now breathe a sigh of relief. 

You could just as well argue that Harvey Weinstein's behavior was just typical of the day.

As it happened on a massive scale it obviously was.

7 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I look forward to all the buildings being renamed and any statues removed.

What are they going to call the holiday in the US now?

Just as long as they don't rename MLK Boulevard. It gives visitors a clue about which areas of a city they have to avoid.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Black folk are running out of Noble role models at this rate if MLK goes the way of Bill Cosby. (Fiddy Cent and Snoop Dog don't count...)

It's okay, they can rewrite history if needed.

instagram.png

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I look forward to all the buildings being renamed.....

To what?  Shelley wrote a poem to cover that.....

PS: Clarification - MLK never erected his own statue, etc.  That was done by others for their own ends.

Edited by Harley

Posted (edited)

IIRC in 1991 some committee or other accused King of plagiarism in his theology doctorate, alleging he passed off quotes as his own work. To be honest I'd see this as more of an issue than him having affairs; any powerful man has been constantly tempted with that sort of thing since time immemorial. His reputation escaped largely unscathed though. I'm not saying he was guilty of plagiarism but if that had been, say, Trump, we would never hear the end of it.

Edited by Austin Allegro

IIRC in 1991 some committee or other accused King of plagiarism in his theology doctorate, alleging he passed off quotes as his own work. To be honest I'd see this as more of an issue than him having affairs; any powerful man has been constantly tempted with that sort of thing since time immemorial. His reputation escaped largely unscathed though. I'm not saying he was guilty of plagiarism but if that had been, say, Trump, we would never hear the end of it.

;)

Posted (edited)

I had to laugh at this line in the Daily Mail article:

And as of yesterday, only the British media (though not the B.BC, which usually has an insatiable appetite for Martin Luther King) had dared to follow up the Standpoint article.

Edited by Austin Allegro