• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Woodford

1 hour ago, spunko said:

The emperor's new clothes, I don't know if he's been up to no good but the media and their obsessive coverage of him needs investigating. Sometimes there were 2 or 3 articles a day posted on This Is Money celebrating this new messiah. A quick look at his portfolio - mostly estate agents?! - was a huge warning sign.

Kent County Council have lost about £100m with him. You have to laugh.

You won’t be laughing when next year’s council tax demand comes calling ;)

2 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Thats what i thought too @spunko here is the list from his website if anyone else is interested

also owns kier too which this week Shares in Kier plunged 40 per cent on Monday as it warned that profits where shit

1821616703_2019-06-0510_18_53am.thumb.jpeg.50b7a241620ea75de50ed7254e2d5d6b.jpeg142374312_2019-06-0510_19_12am.thumb.jpeg.46deb9c3666e1fb24aea28b1029e238f.jpeg

Apparently he is looking at offloading many of his smaller holdings. For me this means added caution for a few on my watchlist: RENE, BBSN, NSCI, XSG.

I am not super erect about any of them but if his selling does present a buying opportunity I may be tempted.

Posted (edited)
On 06/06/2019 at 11:06, DoINeedOne said:

Thats what i thought too @spunko here is the list from his website if anyone else is interested

also owns kier too which this week Shares in Kier plunged 40 per cent on Monday as it warned that profits indicated they were shit

Well, knock me down . FTFY

What on earth was he doing holding that company?

Edited by Hopeful

The impact of Woodford on HL multi manager funds:

Woodford Equity Income is one of more than 60 funds that make up the 10 Multi-Manager portfolios. Our Multi-Manager funds are, by their very nature, diversified. We pick from a broad range of underlying funds. These funds, in turn, invest in a wide range of underlying investments. As a result the negative impact of one of these funds underperforming, or in this case having dealing suspended, is limited.

The total invested in Woodford Equity Income is just 6.2% of the total value of our Multi-Manager funds. It is held in six of our portfolios – Balanced Managed, Special Situations, Income & Growth, Equity & Bond, UK Growth and Strategic Assets. The weighting in these portfolios varies dependent on the portfolio, from 2.6% to 12.4%, as at 7 June 2019. Please see the fund factsheets for more details.

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/hl-multi-manager-funds-how-does-the-woodford-suspension-affect-your-investment