• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Virgil Caine

One in ten Britons don’t know who their real father is

Despite his claim I would still suggest that this is Jeremy Kyle type self-selection for the sample.

He said: ‘If you look at people who have had genetic tests within families for reasons other than trying to work out paternity, for one in 10 people your dad isn’t who you think it is.’

I have zero doubt about my paternity because of the consistent nature of my parents' relationship and that I look like and my mannerisms are very similar to my dad, to the extent I would occasioanlly be referred to as "the clone" so would not even consider getting it tested.

I knew a guy once who had an online DNA test done when his ex left him while his son was still a baby. Test said yes, baby is yours. A few years later, he was going through the family courts when ex suddenly said well he's not your son anyway. Court ordered DNA test was carried out, and sure enough it wasn't his son! He'd not only been scammed by his ex, but also by an online DNA testing company! 

I think this is probably very common, my older brother for example looks nothing like me and our younger sister, I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out my mum had an affair, if that is the case my dad certainly knows nothing about it 

I call bullshit on this narrative. I’m my dad’s son, I just have a regressive black gene. My kids are my own including the red haired one that steals lead and the blonde one that likes pickled herring....

On a more serious note, who engages with a survey that asks who your father really is? It’s self selection for pond life.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I suspect that there is an agenda here somewhere. 

I am sure that there is.

It is yet another assault upon the nuclear family: the providing husband and the loyal wife.

If you sadly find that they aren't your children then you can at least walk away; no financial penalty.

If however you start ingraining a widespread belief that there's a good chance that the kids aren't the husband's anyway then it is a very short step to forcing men to pay maintenance for kids that they were fooled into believing were their own.  A DNA test proving that they aren't being no defence.

Most men's reaction to this situation is not going to be passive acceptance and paying up.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I am sure that there is.

It is yet another assault upon the nuclear family: the providing husband and the loyal wife.

If you sadly find that they aren't your children then you can at least walk away; no financial penalty.

If however you start ingraining a widespread belief that there's a good chance that the kids aren't the husband's anyway then it is a very short step to forcing men to pay maintenance for kids that they were fooled into believing were their own.  A DNA test proving that they aren't being no defence.

Most men's reaction to this situation is not going to be passive acceptance and paying up.

Exactly. It is destroying the family further by placing doubt into every man's mind. Thus you further destroy the British.

Don't do the test and live a happier life. 

I don't really care if my missus goes around as long as she keeps me blissfully unaware. 

3 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Don't do the test and live a happier life. 

I don't really care if my missus goes around as long as she keeps me blissfully unaware. 

I think there is something wholly fundamental about whether the children to whom you are devoting your life are your own.

Even at one remove, I have none but I have neices and nephews, all of the tolerance and pleasantness would be gone.  If you share none of my genes then I don't give a stuff about you.

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think there is something wholly fundamental about whether the children to whom you are devoting your life are your own.

Even at one remove, I have none but I have neices and nephews, all of the tolerance and pleasantness would be gone.  If you share none of my genes then I don't give a stuff about you.

When my daughter was first placed in my arms it was like looking in a mirror. (I got first dibs as Mrs. E was too busy getting stitched back together and having her blood put back in).

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

But we share about 50% of the genes with bananas. So I would lay down my life for 3 bananas.

I hate this sort of thing.

People aren't perfect.  Stuff happens.  But it is reasonable to think that if you're got away with it, you've gotten away with it -- and it's also reasonable to think that if you thought you'd might have not have gotten away with it, that you might have done things a little differently.

So, now we've got a pile of people* that did something wrong, but where there was no way for people to know that wrongness had occurred -- unless the baby came out with specific features (bignose like the milkman) or colour then there'd likely be no suspicion.  And, if they had thought they'd be found out, then they might well have done stuff differently.

Now we've got people being found out where there was no way of being found out when they committed the sin.  Often they are elderly or dead, and in no position to defend themselves.

By all means let sins committed when people knew that paternity tests existed, let those sins be exposed (if they like).  But not the ones in the deep past, where the most likely result will be finding out only that sweet old granny was a slut, with nothing positive to offset.

[* women.  This is all about wayward mothers being found out.   I'm actually a bit surprised that feminists haven't called for genetic testing to be banned.]

8 minutes ago, eight said:

When my daughter was first placed in my arms it was like looking in a mirror. (I got first dibs as Mrs. E was too busy getting stitched back together and having her blood put back in).

Ah, but why would this be?  For the vast majority of human evolution individuals will have had no real idea of what they looked like.

There's some research that suggests that features skip generations -- so that you know the child is yours because it looks a bit like your dad/mum (ie, you know what they look like as you can see them).  If they're not sufficiently like the paternal grandparents then you'd get suspicious of paternity.

I think I must be a bastard or my dad was we were the total opposites of all his brothers and me of there off springs the family name dies off in this country from 5 brothers all off spring are girls or men still livening at home in there 50s ie my cousins at least I’ve made an effert and have 3 livening sons with my name I know my eldest are mine has twins are rife in my family and the eldest by 5 minutes is a fucking twat just like me 

5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Precisely, the one thing you can't choose is your parents, so why muck-rake.

When I was doing care in the community  I had an afare with a woman prob aged 43 who i later only found out was only shaging me has she thought her 25 year old boyfriend was infertile they had apparently been trying for 18 months within 5 weeks of it starting she was pregnant and ended it when I asked her she said wrong dates not yours mark either way nature won and said sorry your to old darling 7-8 weeks later

20 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

When I was doing care in the community  I had an afare with a woman prob aged 43 who i later only found out was only shaging me has she thought her 25 year old boyfriend was infertile they had apparently been trying for 18 months within 5 weeks of it starting she was pregnant and ended it when I asked her she said wrong dates not yours mark either way nature won and said sorry your to old darling 7-8 weeks later

It isnt yours you done her up the arse

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ninjaborrower said:

It isnt yours you done her up the arse

To be fair it’s normaly put in all 3 holes but in no particular order it’s one reason the lodgers mum bores me she claims she takes it up the arse she doesn’t and she claims she can deepthroat she can’t I met her challenge of he is all mouth head on and found her sadly lacking even the lodger who is very broadminded is like please don’t tell me about my mum lol

Edited by stokiescum

46 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I think I must be a bastard or my dad was we were the total opposites of all his brothers and me of there off springs the family name dies off in this country from 5 brothers all off spring are girls or men still livening at home in there 50s ie my cousins at least I’ve made an effert and have 3 livening sons with my name I know my eldest are mine has twins are rife in my family and the eldest by 5 minutes is a fucking twat just like me 

My family name will die out. I have one childless sister and one daughter.

Shame cos it's a relatively obscure name.