• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Peterborough by-election this week

Thought it might be good to track this. Also a fascinating article by the guardian. Stop laughing, it seems balanced and investigative for a change.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/02/peterborough-prepares-for-byelection-that-could-see-first-brexit-party-mp

a massive thread crosser

• btl
  • the destruction of communities
  • transient populations 
  • Foreign workers
  • EU citizens with African names
  • brexit
  • the Brexit party 

Last time I went to Peterborough, it looked decidedly third world. Shame, I remember parents took me there quite a bit as a kid as it had a toys r us and some other big shops Cambridge didnt have in the late 80s/early 90s, and they tell me it was perfectly nice then. 

EU citizens with african names arent that rare. The portuguese flooded in in the 90s...I say portuguese, most were Angolan/Mozambique but presumably had some ex-colonial right to enter portugal and thus the entire EU. 

Just now, One percent said:

Such a gentle euphemism for ethnic cleansing. 

Indeed. I note the Guardian doesnt mention Ross Parker or Peterboroughs very own grooming gang. 

How many mentions of Eltham would they manage to be able to resist mentioning Stephen Lawrence, I wonder?

One of the things i notice about Peterborough, is, for a city approaching 250,000, how dead it is. No uni, no big clubs, bars etc. I've never been to a city so big with seemingly so little going on. 

According to the 2011 Census, 82.5% of Peterborough's residents categorised themselves as white, 2.8% of mixed ethnic groups, 11.7% Asian, 2.3 per cent black and 0.8% other. Amongst the white population, the largest categories were English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/British (70.9%) and other white (10.6%). Those of Pakistani ethnicity accounted for 6.6% of the population and those of Indian ethnicity 2.5.%. The largest black group were those of African ethnicity (1.4%).[104]

In the late twentieth century the main source of immigration was from new Commonwealth countries.[109] The 2011 Census showed that a total of 24,166 migrants moved to Peterborough between 2001 and 2011. The city has experienced significant immigration from the A8 countries that joined the European Union in 2004, and in 2011, 14,134 residents of the city were people born in Central and Eastern Europe.[110]

The number of languages in use is growing where previously few languages other than English were spoken. As of 2006, Peterborough offered classes in Italian, Urdu and Punjabi in its primary schools.[114]

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

According to the 2011 Census, 82.5% of Peterborough's residents categorised themselves as white, 2.8% of mixed ethnic groups, 11.7% Asian, 2.3 per cent black and 0.8% other. Amongst the white population, the largest categories were English/Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish/British (70.9%) and other white (10.6%). Those of Pakistani ethnicity accounted for 6.6% of the population and those of Indian ethnicity 2.5.%. The largest black group were those of African ethnicity (1.4%).[104]

In the late twentieth century the main source of immigration was from new Commonwealth countries.[109] The 2011 Census showed that a total of 24,166 migrants moved to Peterborough between 2001 and 2011. The city has experienced significant immigration from the A8 countries that joined the European Union in 2004, and in 2011, 14,134 residents of the city were people born in Central and Eastern Europe.[110]

The number of languages in use is growing where previously few languages other than English were spoken. As of 2006, Peterborough offered classes in Italian, Urdu and Punjabi in its primary schools.[114]

The next census will make for fascinating reading. What’s the betting that it will be cancelled for some spurious reason?  

1 minute ago, One percent said:

The next census will make for fascinating reading. What’s the betting that it will be cancelled for some spurious reason?  

Very low indeed but the betting for certain groups to under report is off the charts.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

they wont cancel, just change the questions, if we're still in the EU, you will have to describe yourself as an EU citizen rather than British.

6 minutes ago, snaga said:

they wont cancel, just change the questions, if we're still in the EU, you will have to describe yourself as an EU citizen rather than British.

One thing for sure, they will try and hide how much the UK has changed 

42 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Yes, I’m looking forward to this election.

I hope the cosy liblabcon is dealt another blow by voters and that a brexit party mp is elected.

They keep losing but still maintain they are winning.

Just now, Austin Allegro said:

Censuses are pretty inaccurate in my experience. I worked on the 1991 census in London and the under-reporting and non-returning of forms was fairly bad then - one thing I noticed was the mostly foreign people on my patch just didn't understand what it was all about and didn't trust anything from the government anyway  - and these were the ones who actually opened the door to talk to me. According to people I know who have worked on the 2001 and 2011 censuses it has got worse since then. You can bet that not one single 'beds in sheds' person is going to be reported on any census.

When the last one came about I was living in an HMO with, amongst other people, a German bloke. I told him I didn't want to bother because I knew the state would only use my information against me so it would be a form of self harm and there was no way the Stazi could get us as we were to some degree off-grid. He laughed then proceeded to fill it in for the whole house before sending it to the government. He was a good bloke and I liked him. If an English person had tried that I would have probably had a physical disagreement with them.

5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Censuses are pretty inaccurate in my experience. I worked on the 1991 census in London and the under-reporting and non-returning of forms was fairly bad then - one thing I noticed was the mostly foreign people on my patch just didn't understand what it was all about and didn't trust anything from the government anyway  - and these were the ones who actually opened the door to talk to me. According to people I know who have worked on the 2001 and 2011 censuses it has got worse since then. You can bet that not one single 'beds in sheds' person is going to be reported on any census.

But, but you are legally required to comply. 

Oh, wait. xD

Whatever happens, the results of the 2021 census are going to be a major shock for many people (not for us on here, who have seen it coming) but Mr and Mrs Average are going to get quite a surprise. At the moment IIRC only London has a minority of white British but I suspect we will see this in a lot more places by 2021.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Thought it might be good to track this. Also a fascinating article by the guardian. Stop laughing, it seems balanced and investigative for a change.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jun/02/peterborough-prepares-for-byelection-that-could-see-first-brexit-party-mp

a massive thread crosser

• btl
  • the destruction of communities
  • transient populations 
  • Foreign workers
  • EU citizens with African names
  • brexit
  • the Brexit party 

It does seem comparatively balanced and investigative but there are still bits put in to mislead - as well as bits of rose tint.

The headline suggests that support for Farage's party is high despite recent "growth" rather than because of it.

Peterborough prepares for byelection that could elect first Brexit party MP

A decade ago it was the UK’s fastest growing city, but hit by cuts and buy-to-let, support for Nigel Farage’s party is high

Edited by twocents

58 minutes ago, One percent said:

Shouldnt do....all the fieldwork is being done 

4 new ethnic categories added, inc Jews and Somalis. Usually significantly large ones are included, there must be millions of somalians here.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/inclusionofromainthe2021census

I'm not counting any chickens but TBP are in with a decent chance here I think. A Cambridge based friend mailed me earlier to say he'd been to Peterborough yesterday - not related to the by election - and it was absolutely stuffed with TBP campaigners who seemed to be getting a very positive reception including from many of what he referred to as "the ethnics". It could just be people being polite of course...

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

But, but you are legally required to comply. 

Oh, wait. xD

Fuck that. Didn't bother with the last one. Had some fucking battleaxe bossy bitch kept on coming around, knocking on the door and posting copies of the census through the letterbox, just ignored it. They can go fuck themselves.

11 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

https://www.westmonster.com/hundreds-of-brexit-party-activists-descend-on-peterborough/

"The Brexit Party are odds on with the bookies to win their first seat in Westminster in Thursday’s by-election"

Very much looking forward to this. Fingers crossed...

This is going to be absolute popcorn to watch. 

https://order-order.com/people/fiona-onasanya/

The people deserve better!

17 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Whatever happens, the results of the 2021 census are going to be a major shock for many people (not for us on here, who have seen it coming) but Mr and Mrs Average are going to get quite a surprise. At the moment IIRC only London has a minority of white British but I suspect we will see this in a lot more places by 2021.

The schools census is something of a leading indicator. 

In 2011, Luton, London, Leceister were all ~45% white British.

Their school population was 34%, 35%, 33% respectively, so perhaps 11% lower on average.

local authorities likely to be under 40% white British in School age population by 2021. 

Blackburn/Dawen

Manchester

Bradford 

Nottingham

Birmingham

Coventry

Sandwell

Wolverhampton

Reading

There are a lot of smaller towns that dont have their own Local Education authorities that fall into this category as well, including, but not limited to, Nelson, lancs, Huddersfield, Halifax, Burton on Trent, High Wycombe, Oxford, Crawley.

Peterborough itself still has a school population that is 54% white British as of 2018, falling by about 2% a year, so perhaps 48% by 2021, with an overall population still in the upper 50s% white British. 

LibDem 'no internal flights' will kill Peterborough-Sibson Airport.

Anybody flying regularly from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Cambridge for £50 won't vote LibDem.

I bet LibDem canvassers are pissed at Swinson and Davey coming out with that.

Build a good few affordable homes for housing illegal immigrants mind.

Double whammy.

31 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Didnt the 2011 one surprise you enough?!

Even booming Cambridge saw a NOMINAL decline in white Brits as well as relative. 

The relative decline was monumental...a 16% reduction in just ten years

Cambridge was 82.5% white British in 2001, just 66% in 2011. White overall fell from 94% in 91, 90% in 01, 82% in 11.