• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WorkingPoor

Dangerous Devil Dogs.

‘Get the dog off me’: Chilling screams of man who died after being savaged by Staffie during BBC filming

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/get-the-dog-off-me-chilling-screams-of-man-who-died-after-being-savaged-by-staffie-during-bbc-a3501836.html

Man being interviewed with his "staffie" by a BBC documentary filmcrew is attacked by it and bitten in the throat.

I don't think Staffies are bad. They are very loyal. They are big though! If you treat a dog as a friend, you will find you have one.O.o Not a doggie man myself, but one of my mates is marvellous with them. None of his are bonkers!

I don't know why there isn't a blanket ban on fighting dog breeds.  You can have any dog you want but not one that is designed for fighting.

There's no need to be over-speciifc as the government eventually realised by trying to play catch-up with the legislation surroudning "legal highs" until they relised the definition needed to be widened.

Sure every owner pipes up about how their staffie is as gentle as a lamb; I expect this guy did too.  And why a dog that has just mauled its owner to death isn't shot instantly is beyond me.

Im not really a dog person.

I do know what a Staffy looks and behaves like.

I also know what an American PitBull looks and behaves like.

Theres some scummer who seems to shop at Tesco the same time as me.

His 'staffy' is about the height of a Colly and must weigh in somewhere north of 10stone.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Im not really a dog person.

I do know what a Staffy looks and behaves like.

I also know what an American PitBull looks and behaves like.

Theres some scummer who seems to shop at Tesco the same time as me.

His 'staffy' is about the height of a Colly and must weigh in somewhere north of 10stone.

I would just assume his penis is absolutely tiny.

You don't fuck around with a dog which is nearly as big as a horse! My doghandling mate is really smashing at it. You can see they way they work. They bow to him, and if I visit, they watch the eye movement and gestures, and if I'm OK by him I am deputy cheif wolf for a while, while he goes out for some shopping. All I get is licked and sat on!

When much younger we tried to train my mate's labrador to attack on command. We used my motorcycle gloves to avoid any kind of slobber / bite injury (she was a bit daft)

Stupid bloody idea. Whenever I rode to his house, the sodding daft bitch used to go straight for my glove. Very hard to carry on riding a moped with a labrador hanging off your throttle hand.

Ah, dogs.

I'll preface this by saying I don't actually dislike dogs (though I'm starting to waver on that front) but I do think we have a weird relationship with dogs in the UK, I'd go as far as to say in some cases it's quite unhealthy.

I run a little gardening business which I am potentially going to knock on the head in the next year or so. There are a few reasons for this but a significant one is dogs. I am sick to the tits of having to work around other people's animals who get treated better than me in some cases. I've been bitten, chased and had a staffy literally eat through a fence to get at me. I had to kick a door in to get away that time

From trying to discuss quotes with yapyapyapyapyapyapyap, going on until the point where I give up even trying to speak, to being expected to deal with gardens that look like some faecal Jackson Pollock artwork. It's absolutely fucking disgusting.

I did a quote two days ago, the chap let me into the back. I took one look and told him I wasn't interested:

"Why not?", said with umbrage.

"Because that is an abject health hazard"

"The dog mess? It's only a bit (this was bollocks, it looked like they had been throwing it out in buckets) surely you've had to deal with it before?"

"No, dealing with the contents of your dogs anus is not part of my job description. If my sparky is doing some wiring round my place, I don't hand him one of my kids nappies and tell him to deal with it for the same reason. Good day sir"

Thing is, all their kids play stuff was out there, I see this all the time. Little castles and toys in the garden all surrounded by a minefield of shit, these people are effectively letting their kids play in an open toilet. WTF.

Speaking of kids, I can barely take him out without having to deal with bloody dogs. To get to the beach we have to cross a scrubby area of dunes, this is a veritable Maginot Line of dogshit and more than once have I had to take him home, bawling, covered in shit. Beach denied.

If we do get there then every 2 minutes a dog bounds up to him. It's cute for the first five times, after the tenth time and being bowled over by an Alsation I start to have a bit of a sense of humor failure and politely request that they keep their fucking animals to themselves. I get looked at like I'm a paedo: "Oh but he's great around kids". I don't care, unless I hear it from the dog, I'm not interested.

Last time I was in the park a dog snapped at my son as he scooted by, "he doesn't like scooters",The bloke said balefully. So you thought bringing him to a park full of children on scooters was a good idea!? Cue paedo stare.

On the same day I put his little rucksack down for a moment to get us an ice cream and a labradoodle pissed all over it.

Just as a non scientific experiment I counted how many people were in the park compared to dogs. There were more fucking dogs than people, by quite some margin. I'm sorry but I just find that odd.

I don't trust dogs around children in the slightest, anyone who does wants their head examining IMO. I have good reason for this but this is getting long, if you want that story I'll tell you.

So, I don't mind dogs but there are way, way, way too many of them plus people who anthropomorphize them to the point where its just a bit creepy. Going out for a walk here is like touring crufts and if I get my hands on the person who constantly lets their dog shit outside of my kids primary school they are in for a seriously bad day.

....and breathe.

If I ever have a dog it would be a blonde lab. They always seem quite friendly and incredibly loyal.

I'm sure staffies are very loyal aswel, but as others have said, if it gets a whiff that you're not in control and the pack leader, it doesn't fuck about.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

on as he scooted by, "he doesn't like scooters",The bloke said balefully. So you thought bringing him to a park full of children on scooters was a good idea!? Cue paedo stare.

I get that all the bloody time when I'm out running. "He doesn't like runners. Don't worry/be scared etc etc" 

41 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I've tried several times this morning to feel sympathy for this chap but I've given up trying now.

Don't take this unkindly, but coming from you that is really saying something.

1 minute ago, Thombleached said:

I get that all the bloody time when I'm out running. "He doesn't like runners. Don't worry/be scared etc etc" 

To paraphrase Bill Bryson, when he was out with his walking stick and a dog went for him:

"It's your stick, he doesn't like sticks"

"What? He only attacks cripples?"

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

To paraphrase Bill Bryson, when he was out with his walking stick and a dog went for him:

"It's your stick, he doesn't like sticks"

"What? He only attacks cripples?"

Usually an easy target, and they usually their disabiilty benefit stuffed down the back of the wheelchair!

I concur with the Sgt. Far too many dogs down here by the seaside. I don't like them much, nor their owners and I detest their shitting habits. If you have kids they are nothing but a hazard; not least fending off their demands to get one, to which I suspect my soon-to-be-ex- wife will accede eventually.

Incidentally, for those that say a/ you need to understand dogs and b/ labradors, retrievers etc. are OK, I give you:

4 hours ago, MrPin said:

They are basically wolves, and you do have to be cheif wolf! As I say, not a doggie man myself. Like people you get bad mad ones.

That's not entirely true.

Dogs have had thousands of years of breeding to give them specific traits.  If you want to see how a dog might behave, look into how it has been bred.  eg,

Collie -- sort of intelligent.  Needs to run around a lot.  Doesn't bite too often (damages the meat).

Labrador -- Fetching dog.  Used to hanging around doing nothing for long periods of time.  Doesn't need to be intelligent.  Soft bite to avoid cutting into the meat.

Hounds -- Pack dog.  Does whatever the other dogs are doing.  Not necessarily easy to get them to do what you want.  Used to tearing apart the flesh of the prey.

Terrier -- scaring dog.  About getting animals to run away from them.  Will run around yapping for ever and ever.  Might well bite if given a chance, and hard.

Bulldog -- biting dog.  Designed to bite onto the prey and hold on.  And not let go.  Even if you bash it on the head.  All other aspects are secondary.

Lapdog -- sitting dog.  Designed to hang around pleasing middle aged ladies.  [or is that Labradors...]  

Chihuahua -- Not actually a dog, but a type of rodent/shrew hybrid.