• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Libspero

End to free TV licenses for over 75s

The state sponsored bullies can threaten 3 million oaps with prison. I had a final warning posted through my door today. I was at home and they didn't knock. This move confirms they are slowly dying. Good.

2 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

The state sponsored bullies can threaten 3 million oaps with prison. I had a final warning posted through my door today. I was at home and they didn't knock. This move confirms they are slowly dying. Good.

I've been through countless loops of the Crapita letters, they just go round and round.

Even had one visit, she didn't put up much of a fight and quickly figured she'd be getting no commission and moved on.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

But they won't go, as the free TV licence hasn't gone, if you are "in need"; defined as being in receipt of pension credit.

To get pension credit, which brings your pension up to the exact same level as the state pension you need to have done three things:

• Worked less than 35 years
  • Spent all of your money
  • Made no other pension provision

This is not "in need"; this is not having worked much if at all and spent everything.  Or had the RNLI pick you up from a rubber dinghy in the Channel when in your 60s.

And in addition to this free TV licence you will get your rent paid and fee everything else that's going.

This has just made the UK benefits system that little bit more attractive to those who have never paid a penny in tax and a little bit worse to all those who have spent their lives working and funding it.

the So-Called BBC are being absolute scum again.

For those who saw my other post: when you pay your licence fee imagine handing your hard earned £154 in cash to Gary Lineker, who despises working British people, year in year out.

Great rant from the father in law about having paid his taxes all his working life 

That probably covered the first 10 years of his pension 

The heart op and hip replacement not so much 😀😀

Reading the news that “free” tv license is to be withdrawn for 75+ pensioners brings an acquaintance to mind. I bet she’s fuming about that because she was really chuffed last year at getting her “free” tv license. 

The person I’m thinking about is very well off and been retired for 20 years after a big public sector payoff and large pension. Also on full (for life) untouchable disability benefits due to no need for any further assessments due to a cut off age for reassessment. To be fair the person did work full time from age 15 to 55 so did their part IMO.

As @Frank Hovisposted anyone who hasn’t paid anything in to the system will still get their tv license paid for. That’s what really makes me angry :PissedOff:

18 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

But they won't go, as the free TV licence hasn't gone, if you are "in need"; defined as being in receipt of pension credit.

To get pension credit, which brings your pension up to the exact same level as the state pension you need to have done three things:

• Worked less than 35 years
  • Spent all of your money
  • Made no other pension provision

This is not "in need"; this is not having worked much if at all and spent everything.  Or had the RNLI pick you up from a rubber dinghy in the Channel when in your 60s.

And in addition to this free TV licence you will get your rent paid and fee everything else that's going.

This has just made the UK benefits system that little bit more attractive to those who have never paid a penny in tax and a little bit worse to all those who have spent their lives working and funding it.

the So-Called BBC are being absolute scum again.

For those who saw my other post: when you pay your licence fee imagine handing your hard earned £154 in cash to Gary Lineker, who despises working British people, year in year out.

That post is worth way more than one rep.  Sums up the madness perfectly 👍

11 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Great rant from the father in law about having paid his taxes all his working life 

That probably covered the first 10 years of his pension 

The heart op and hip replacement not so much 😀😀

At least he has paid in...

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

That post is worth way more than one rep.  Sums up the madness perfectly 👍

At least he has paid in...

Agree about @Frank Hovis‘s post. Perfect summary of the current situation.

Also agree that at least @Malthus‘s father in law has worked and paid in.

That’s what our elite rulers can’t grasp about life for ordinary folk.

While I admit to sometimes feeling envious of someone who was in the right job at the right time and enjoying a stress free retirement with adequate money I can’t criticise them because they have worked and paid in. On the other hand I really dislike those that have never contributed tax or ni yet end up still getting the “free” stuff like rent paid, money to live off, same state pension I’ll be allocated and now they’ll still not have to pay for a tv license whereas contributors to the system still have to cough up.

This isn’t going to end well. IMO contributors are becoming more and more pissed off with paying in to keep those who don’t contribute anything.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7124267/Free-TV-licences-limited-Pension-Credit-June-2020-BBC-announces.html

Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown warned that the changes could push pensioners into criminality and be a 'taxation without representation'. 

You stupid cunt. Tv license was made a civil offence a few years ago, when you were rattling to try and get a great statesman job.

14610370-7124267-image-a-1_1560184789565

How does the moronic cunt get 'taxation without representation'?

The under 40s whose future Browns thrown under a bus, giving out freebies in the 00s, have to pay it even though they barely watch bbc.

If an oap wants representation then cancel it and unplug your telly. The same representation as everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Agree about @Frank Hovis‘s post. Perfect summary of the current situation.

Also agree that at least @Malthus‘s father in law has worked and paid in.

That’s what our elite rulers can’t grasp about life for ordinary folk.

While I admit to sometimes feeling envious of someone who was in the right job at the right time and enjoying a stress free retirement with adequate money I can’t criticise them because they have worked and paid in. On the other hand I really dislike those that have never contributed tax or ni yet end up still getting the “free” stuff like rent paid, money to live off, same state pension I’ll be allocated and now they’ll still not have to pay for a tv license whereas contributors to the system still have to cough up.

This isn’t going to end well. IMO contributors are becoming more and more pissed off with paying in to keep those who don’t contribute anything.

Hate to break it to you but because (I think) you have a small private pension, they will probably get more than you. o.O

remind me, who said that work doesn’t pay?  

Two cretins

His warning was echoed by Labour MP Barry Gardiner, who told the So-Called BBC: 'Can you tell me how, after 20 years of free TV licences, the So-Called BBC could justify taking a housebound pensioner to court if they could not afford a TV licence?'

I've said it before, they missed a trick with making it free.

The TV licence and the So-Called BBC is more than "entertainment". It is a news source. By making it "free" there is no value in the information. It becomes noise.

By putting a price on it, you are more likely to watch and pay attention to the news from it, which is more controlled than a Facebook group.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Hate to break it to you but because (I think) you have a small private pension, they will probably get more than you. o.O

remind me, who said that work doesn’t pay?  

I already know that working and having a small occupational pension excludes me from freebies!

Work doesn’t pay for the majority and I haven’t done much over the past six years because I find it pointless due to low pay. I prefer to live simply and have my time to myself these days while avoiding contributing to a system that is making non workers better off.

Top rated comment.

At 79 years old, I live alone, and of course, on a pension. Just heating one room, takes any spare money, so the TV, a link to the outside world, will have to go.I am sure, there will be many more like me as well. I started work at 16 years old, never out of work, never claimed out of work benefits, retired at 71 years old. Any bets on when they start charging for the air we breath?.

Liad of made up crap. No fucker works on Thurso.

Retired at 71 my arse.

Heating just one room? How in fucksake. Itll be an open fire. Just put a fucking jumper on

All this link outside world lonely crap - go out and talk to fucking people. Its preferable to whats shown on broadcast tv you lying old cunt.

Posted (edited)

Franks comment about the money paid to boy Lineacre and all the other talentless auto-cue readers at the So-Called BBC just about sums up a conversation I had with my Mum 20 minutes ago. I said the So-Called BBC ought to pay her to watch some of the garbage they produce.

As it happens she still qualifies as she is on Pensioners Credit. In recent years I persuaded her to spend her savings below to the limit so she qualified. It was a bloody tough selling task though.Since she gave up her part-time job in her 70s she had struggled on a basic state pension,  some savings and a bit of help from me and my brother. I now feel further vindicated as as at least it is one license fee the So-Called BBC wont be getting.

Edited by Virgil Caine

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Top rated comment.

At 79 years old, I live alone, and of course, on a pension. Just heating one room, takes any spare money, so the TV, a link to the outside world, will have to go.I am sure, there will be many more like me as well. I started work at 16 years old, never out of work, never claimed out of work benefits, retired at 71 years old. Any bets on when they start charging for the air we breath?.

Liad of made up crap. No fucker works on Thurso.

Retired at 71 my arse.

Heating just one room? How in fucksake. Itll be an open fire. Just put a fucking jumper on

All this link outside world lonely crap - go out and talk to fucking people. Its preferable to whats shown on broadcast tv you lying old cunt.

Since when did it get detached from the main land xD

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

this is the first sign of a slow death which they have probably accelerated by doing this ,i can see 100`s of 1000`s if not millions saying feck them after this move 

I think so.

The So-Called BBC audience is quite literally dying.

This is probably the last time they can draw from this okwell.

Incidentally,  'wealthy pensioners' means anyone not on Pensioners Credit so basically those with more than £25,000 of savings or a pension more than £167.25 per week. That latter figure means the So-Called BBC will be levying the charge on everyone who is just living on the standard rate of the new State Pension of £168.60 or less than 9 Grand a year. Still all worth it to watch Lineacre, Maitlis and all the other jerks at the Beeb.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 minute ago, Virgil Caine said:

I think so.

the So-Called BBC audience is quote literally dying.

This is probably the last time they can draw from this well.

My daughters never watch live tv (unless it is one of the series or costume drama thingys like the handmaidens tale, which they could buy on box set). They stream from Netflix and prime. 

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

My daughters never watch live tv (unless it is one of the series or costume drama thingys like the handmaidens tale, which they could buy on box set). They stream from Netflix and prime. 

Snap.

And they have a misersble twat in the corner spouting politics.

Still they have to get it from somewhere

Bbc is a dodo.

Whatever with licence fee.

You aint got my kids.

No.

You Tube has.

I have to work on that one

Honest kids...its spelt BitChute.

1 minute ago, The Grey Man said:

Snap.

And they have a misersble twat in the corner spouting politics.

Still they have to get it from somewhere

Bbc is a dodo.

Whatever with licence fee.

You aint got my kids.

No.

You Tube has.

I have to work on that one

Honest kids...its spelt BitChute.

I think this is what they all do of that generation. Thus the death of the So-Called BBC is baked in.