• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
kibuc

The triggered generation

Posted (edited)

It looks like Poppy Willow may be doing GCSE retake Maths in sixth form. Still a complaint like this may gain enough sad- sap marks to push her above the pass mark this time! = Result.

Edited by man o' the year

Q) In the EU referendum 17,410,742 people voted to leave and 16,141,241people voted to remain. Who won ?

Poppy-Willow Kent, a student from Colchester, wrote on Twitter:

“I am sorry, but can I ask what on earth you were thinking by having a question that is so simple to answer?

Not hugely surprised. Have a look through some threads on reddit, it's pretty clear that a lot of the users are around this age and a greater collection of Offend-amatons you'll struggle to find. If that generation needed an all defining motto it would be 'That's not OK'

Seems more of an American thing for now but it's definately seeping into the culture here. 

The girl running out of the exam should be failed, if she can't step over that smallest of hurdles yet then she's not ready for the real world. 

I agree with the exam board - the children who were offended by the question absolutely do have the right to complain. And in response the exam board, their tutors, future employers, and everybody else in the world have the right to tell them to man the fuck up and stop being whiny little bitches.

“The weighing food and calorie question on the paper today triggered me so much.”

I thought “triggered” was just a made up lefty-mental journalist expression.

Can anyone with teenage kids confirm that is actually how they all speak now?

What a sad ****ing state of affairs. If my kids ever start saying it I swear to the gods I’ll quit work today and drink their inheritance.

9 minutes ago, Libspero said:

What a sad ****ing state of affairs. If my kids ever start saying it I swear to the gods I’ll quit work today and drink their inheritance.

Whatever

13 minutes ago, Libspero said:

My teenage son says “I’m offended” and “That’s offensive” all the time. Fortunately he does it in a sarcastic voice, like he’s taking the piss out of people who say it all the time. So I guess there must be at least a significant proportion of kids doing it, for it to be a thing other kids are taking the piss out of. He does spend a lot of time laughing at Reddit too, so it may just be kids are primarily conscious of it through internet memes and react as they see fit.

Kudos to Poppy she will go far. If you cannot succeed by conventional means then think outside the box. Attack your enemy where he is weak, not where he is strong. Funn3r seal of approval. 

17 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I don't know about teenage kids but the last time I ventured over to the online mental hospital that is Mumsnet AIBU, practically every other thread title began with the words "Trigger Warning", before going on to ask it is BU to complain about their DH playing with his train set for an hour on a Saturday evening.

If the mums are doing it then the kids will surely be using it as an excuse to get out of anything they don't like. Oh wait - like maths exams!

Posted (edited)

Tragic how girls have been trained to associate any suggestion of monitoring macros with eating disorders.

Anyway, the Anorexic kids should find the Calorie-counting a breeze - bit unfair on the fatties, if you ask me!

1 minute ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

This entitled little shit should of been given an instant fail the second she left the exam hall and roundly mocked and ridiculed by her peers after.

Failed English! I mock thee Sir!

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

This is exactly what you get when you bow down to the wants of a minority. What percentage of 15-20 years olds have eating disorders like snowflake Poppy-Willow Kent claims? I'll bet it's only in the single figures. Allow every freak and mentally unstable loser a bit of slack and you end up with the shitty society we have today where anyone can claim to be a victim and some make a lucrative career out of it.

This entitled little shit should of been given an instant fail the second she left the exam hall and roundly mocked and ridiculed by her peers after.

5 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Failed English! I mock thee Sir!

Not in modern English exams. Just turning up gets you an A*. Until you walk out because you don't like the story they based the questions on.

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

"Trigger" is a term quite commonly used in addiction rehab, but it's been hijacked by people who use it to mask their insufficient vocabulary.

You see, in rehab people don't get "triggered", only feelings. Being exposed to gambling/alcohol/drugs or whatever your poison is can _trigger_ certain mental state - perhaps anxiety, anger, sense of hopelesness or maybe euphoria. The trick is you cannot get away with simply saying that you've been triggered -  you have to name the exact feelings that got triggered within you, as identifying them is the first step to learning how to deal with them in a non-harmful manner.

But if you lack vocabulary and/or insight to name those feelings then "me so triggered" is your only refuge.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

Just a made up story in a made up journal.

[and calorie counting is nonsense as well]

I wondered that. It sounds like something out of The Daily Mash.

However, a quick search on Faecebook reveals there really is a 'Poppy-Willow Kent' from Colchester.

1 hour ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Not in modern English exams. Just turning up gets you an A*. Until you walk out because you don't like the story they based the questions on.

I know an academic who taught English literature at one of our illustrious 'Yoonies' who told me a student refused to read the passages of the Bible that were set for a tutorial on Milton, because she said 'I'm not religious'.