DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Drones

Libspero

Just bought one..

Bit of a rare treat because I’m not usually into “boys toys”. 

Looking forward to having a play with it..  anyone else have experience with them?

What do you use them for most (or have they all be relegated to sock draws)?

I have a DJI spark, the main problem is DJI restrict the power of the transmitter in Yurope and you quickly lose signal, especially in zones with lots of wifi. The self tracking is a bit limited but the camera is super stable and you can get some really nice shots but editing take time.

7 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

I have a DJI spark, the main problem is DJI restrict the power of the transmitter in Yurope and you quickly lose signal, especially in zones with lots of wifi. The self tracking is a bit limited but the camera is super stable and you can get some really nice shots but editing take time.

I actually just cancelled my order..

I knew that I would need to register it and that would have a cost,  but it looks like the law surrounding them is only going to get more restrictive.  I was looking at a Potensic D80,  which is about half a kilo,  but decided to cancel and look for something sub 250 grams like yours. Just because they seem to dip under nearly all of the regulation and if you have to register you are subject to all sorts of intrusive police powers like searching your house for drones and evidence if a drone misbehaves in your area and you happen to be the nearest registered address.

But since the legislation is new,  and shadowed in the US I presume there will be a massive demand for, and massive improvements in the design of drones the size of yours..  so I think my plan is to wait a year and see what gets released specifically for this new market.

I might also wait for a trip abroad in order to get one without the range restrictions.

Shame..  government regulation always end up sucking the fun out of stuff :/

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Shame..  government regulation always end up sucking the fun out of stuff :/

The last thing governments want is for anyone to have fun, if you are having fun it undermines authority and therefore government.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

The last thing governments want is for anyone to have fun, if you are having fun it undermines authority and therefore government

Europeans are just a bit more control freakish than elsewhere (China excepted).

Just look at the allowed wifi power levels here compared to other places like North America:

bebop_drone_wifi_channels_countries_l.jp

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Europeans are just a bit more control freakish than elsewhere (China excepted).

Just look at the allowed wifi power levels here compared to other places like North America:

Having trouble with your wifi router, buy one from the US/Canada that is up to 40X more powerful.

That will go through brick walls.

5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Having trouble with your wifi router, buy one from the US/Canada that is up to 40X more powerful.

That will go through brick walls.

Will bear in mind :Beer:

The power thing is a real bummer and makes the drone next to unusable in many situations.

The hubsan zino looks pretty good for 250 euros.

Popuplights

Yep. Me and my nipper have a Mavic pro. It's an amazing bit of kit. You get excellent quality video. The drone functionality is superb, and it is very easy to fly it far from visual range of you want. Which if course we never do. 

The software that geofences you from flying in nofly zones is pretty good, and not too obtrusive.

We have never had an issue flying it, you can be do discreet that nobody knows it's you at the helm. 

I would recommend using it with an iPad rather than a phone, much easier to see what you are doing.

And don't fly it near trees... 

Archived