• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sugarlips

BBC2 9pm tonight

1 hour ago, Sugarlips said:

As I’m home for a bit I might watch this 3 part series tonight..we can use this thread for live rolling dosbods commentary ;)

https://www.twofour.co.uk/news/who-should-get-to-stay-in-the-uk/

Holy fucking shit 640k non-EU allowed to stay!!! Is that number correct, I keep seeing the "estimated" 300k net most places?

Last year, nearly 700,000 people from outside the EU applied to live in the UK – but only 640,000 were successful.  With our immigration system fast becoming a legal maze, this series follows the stories of those desperately trying to stay in the UK and the lawyers tasked with helping them

Just now, Oskar said:

Last year, nearly 700,000 people from outside the EU applied to live in the UK – but only 640,000 were successful.

Or to correctly rephrase: "Last year, nearly 700,000 people from outside the EU applied to live in the UK – of which 91% were successful".

Either someone's a total dickhead or takes everyone else for one.

Why the eff would I watch something I know will be putrid!

All engineers, doctors and nurses supporting the sacred NHS, every single one.

At least, I imagine the So-Called BBC will focus on the small percentage of them that fit the propaganda. 

I doubt if any Uber-driving Moroccans with 5 kids who left school at 11 bleeding the benefits system will be featured.

1 minute ago, whocares said:

Says tomorrow (Thurs) where I am. (I'm confused now!)

Same here. It is on in 10 years time when we catch up with you lot.

Or tomorrow if I use the new fangled gogglebox thing.

5 minutes ago, whocares said:

Says tomorrow (Thurs) where I am. (I'm confused now!)

My bad attempt at a joke. :)  you said it’s Thursday (out of context) and I came back with, no it’s wedn. 

Ill get me coat. xD

Posted (edited)

Add in the EEs still coming and that's not far short of 1 million a year - with undercover illegals it could easily be more than 1 million year.

That's about 100 tens of thousands.

Edited by twocents

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm watching Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic. I don't usually bother with boxsets but it's only 5 episodes and is more like a documentary.

To be fair, Chernobyl is probably just one enormous metaphor for the whole UK.

It should be completely clear to everyone now that the country is totally f****d. It's over. No chance of a reversal barring forced repatriations and serious militarisation of border police etc.

2 hours ago, Oskar said:

Holy fucking shit 640k non-EU allowed to stay!!! Is that number correct, I keep seeing the "estimated" 300k net most places?

Last year, nearly 700,000 people from outside the EU applied to live in the UK – but only 640,000 were successful.  With our immigration system fast becoming a legal maze, this series follows the stories of those desperately trying to stay in the UK and the lawyers tasked with helping them

Totally off the scale

longtermmigration.png

Posted (edited)

Image result for images of a pyramid scheme

image.jpeg.95624bd8a7068937b63b45ac9054a581.jpeg

Edited by Long time lurking

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

So much for Brexodus, even EU migration has increased again last quarter according to the official statistics.

Well i have seen a decline in EU workers in my game, i think i might have discovered why the ECITB site safety cards which are the UK`s version of the EU`s VCA now require any one doing the training to be able to understand and converse in English ,there`s from what i can make out no foreign language courses any more and the test at the end of the course is no longer a guaranteed past like it used to be ,fail the first time you have an hour or so extra tutoring fail the test again and you have to pay for and do the full course again ,if it was not a renewal course the cost is in the religion of £280  

I`m not sure what the CSCS course is like now (construction rather than engineering) or whether the above is all about Hinkley point

Edited by Long time lurking

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

I`m not sure what the CSCS course is like now (construction rather than engineering) or whether the above is all about Hinkley point

It's 40 minutes of promising not to go up wonky ladders, or down an unshored ditch.

9 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

So much for Brexodus, even EU migration has increased again last quarter according to the official statistics.

Of course - they know that for those who enter before Brexit, they  won't be sent home and benefits entitlements won't change. The call has gone out to the Roma and similar of Europe, get here before it's too late.....

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Of course - they know that for those who enter before Brexit, they  won't be sent home and benefits entitlements won't change. The call has gone out to the Roma and similar of Europe, get here before it's too late.....

This is the idiocy. The cut-off date should have been 23/6/16. After which staying couldn't be guaranteed.

Instead our wanker politicians are falling over themselves to be virtuous; it's not as if Brits will be clamouring to relocate to Europe.

Really showing the lack of business/management experience today's politicians have - they have no idea! It is like having 650 Chamberlains.