• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

planning round up

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/17701242.planning-round-up-contentious-hmos-car-dealership-industry-and-car-parking/

A new seven-bed house in multiple occupation (HMO) was narrowly approved for Wesley Street in Failsworth by the panel, despite already operating without planning permission.

Another application to change the use of an existing HMO on Pole Lane in Failsworth to house seven people was also given the nod by councillors.

Are HMO good for an area?

19 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/17701242.planning-round-up-contentious-hmos-car-dealership-industry-and-car-parking/

A new seven-bed house in multiple occupation (HMO) was narrowly approved for Wesley Street in Failsworth by the panel, despite already operating without planning permission.

Another application to change the use of an existing HMO on Pole Lane in Failsworth to house seven people was also given the nod by councillors.

Are HMO good for an area?

No.

Similar to being surrounded with large amounts of social housing I'd imagine. Fairly transient tenants, and statistically you're going to get more than your fair share of serious fuckwits. 

Been there, done that. Wasn't fun or clever in the slightest.

I doubt anybody who works will live in that. Our taxes/national debt is paying for all those rooms I imagine.

Absolute cluster fuck.

Actually, maybe they could do that 'job' in forensics for nothing. On second thoughts, even if they did I imagine the local council would sanction their housing benefit and they'd eventually be evicted by the landlord for non payment of rent. What a great country we live in O.o

As a kid were nt they called dos houses?

Then morphed to bedsit.

Tempted to rant. No I wouldnt like it near me. Know folk have to live somewhere.

Went in a shocking one in Cheetham Hill Manchester a few years avo.

Former pub so big building.

Random..to me..stud walls everywhere...no natural light on corridors...random corridors and sod all signage for fire.

A maze and no idea what would happen in a fire.

A similar one in Old Trafford a few months back. Loaded with families and Mr Stud Wall everywhere.

I think its time to move once a house or building goes that way.

The new Rachmans

1 hour ago, The Grey Man said:

As a kid were nt they called dos houses?

Then morphed to bedsit.

Tempted to rant. No I wouldnt like it near me. Know folk have to live somewhere.

Went in a shocking one in Cheetham Hill Manchester a few years avo.

Former pub so big building.

Random..to me..stud walls everywhere...no natural light on corridors...random corridors and sod all signage for fire.

A maze and no idea what would happen in a fire.

A similar one in Old Trafford a few months back. Loaded with families and Mr Stud Wall everywhere.

I think its time to move once a house or building goes that way.

The new Rachmans

Why do you go into them?