• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

You can take the boy out of Somalia ...

I don't think much of Sir Farah, by all accounts and a few close ones, he's a complete bellend.

That said, this comment:

"The Farah kids were always playing on the green outside their house, riding bikes and scooters, shouting, screaming and throwing things."

...sounds like something Hyacinth Bucket would come out with. 

If the kids were little shits and the parents did nothing then a pox upon them but frankly the neighbours also sound like a right bunch of knobs. 

See? 'Desirable areas'. Twatsville guaranteed.

36 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I don't think much of Sir Farah, by all accounts and a few close ones, he's a complete bellend.

That said, this comment:

"The Farah kids were always playing on the green outside their house, riding bikes and scooters, shouting, screaming and throwing things."

...sounds like something Hyacinth Bucket would come out with. 

If the kids were little shits and the parents did nothing then a pox upon them but frankly the neighbours also sound like a right bunch of knobs. 

See? 'Desirable areas'. Twatsville guaranteed.

Yep I lived near there a while back now. Teddington is indeed twatsville, but lots of fit burds, or there were. They smell the money....

Posted (edited)

Not specifically relevant to the running chap who achieved a miraculous improvement in performance while away somewhere where other people might have taken testosterone, and seemed to always be out whenever the drugs testing people called round, and who did take something that wasn't recorded at least once (but that was just a lapse), and who may or may not have assaulted people on a more recent training camp, and who might have had the benefit of the UK taxpayer supporting him but who takes great pains to avoid contributing taxes back, but who most definitely has never taken performance enhancing drugs*.

[* according to Britain's favourite non-cycling athlete who isn't one of the actually nice ones, the right honourable Sir Mohamed Muktar Jama Farah, CBE]

I see while reading some local rags (that aren't local to me) that Tanzania has decided that Somalia is now a safe country and all the refugees can return.  https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/news/Tanzania-to-repatriate-thousands-of-refugees-whose-countries-/1840340-5152910-m13pwm/index.html  Now, I appreciate that lots of people have built a new life abroad, but who's going to help rebuild the war-torn country?  Presumably we've got loads of Somalis who we've spent training on how to help rebuild their country, and who have been saving up their £s so that they can have a decent start when they return**.  Or is it that we now say 'they're ours now, stuff off', and leave the country to be rebuilt by those that struggled to stay.

And (without specific reference to the running chap), to those that say 'he's done so much for the country' I'd say what makes it such that Britain can steal him from his country of birth?  Perhaps it is important that Somalia gets a chance to get some Olympic medals, and he could help with their training efforts for the next generation.  

I'd accept that it is 'a difficult moral question', but I'd also suggest that it definitely isn't as simple as 'they're ours now' -- our obligations to the world don't end with accepting people to wash our cars for us and telling other countries to stuff off because they're ours now, no matter how moral their cause.

[** sorry, forgot that we don't actually do that.  I've no idea why not.]

Edited by dgul

16 minutes ago, dgul said:

I see while reading some local rags (that aren't local to me) that Tanzania has decided that Somalia is now a safe country and all the refugees can return.  https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/news/Tanzania-to-repatriate-thousands-of-refugees-whose-countries-/1840340-5152910-m13pwm/index.html  Now, I appreciate that lots of people have built a new life abroad, but who's going to help rebuild the war-torn country?  Presumably we've got loads of Somalis who we've spent training on how to help rebuild their country, and who have been saving up their £s so that they can have a decent start when they return**. 

oh they pretty much went back a while ago, but not before putting their council houses out to rent and getting their bennies forwarded to Mogadishu