• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sam1994

Slight bump

Posted (edited)

Driving in to the shops yesterday and some plonker tried to exit the one way the wrong way

I wouldn't budge. He went over to the car and tried to enrich me, but wasn't having any and told him to move

Bastard knocked in to me as what I'd suppose would be an intimidation tactic, then reversed and drove off.

Some bloke recorded the whole thing from his van as well which was top notch. 

Got it all on dashcam and his reg is in view. Now a serious question:

The hit is pretty evident because the dashcam shakes a bit. But if sound is requested, do I supply it? He walks over and calls me a 'honkey bastard'. I've called him a benefit yielding spunk gobbler. So it's not racist back, but I'm wondering if he can spin that as some kind of verbal assault. I got out of the car and asked for his info (which I recorded) but he drove off. Don't you have to stop at an accident? This is all on the dash cam. 

I wouldn't normally mind about a slight kiss on the car but he's been an absolute tit, and I love my car. 

S

Edit: like a tit, I've put this in the wrong category. @spunko -- can you please fix this? 

Edited by sam1994 ✌

Do you live in a 70s blacksploitation movie?

Has anyone heard or used the word Honkey in the last half century?

The Guardian tells me that Nigger is in widespread use although I personally have not heard somebody refereed to as a Nigger in at least thirty years, truth be told the most appearances of the word Nigger seems to be in the Guardian, go figure. 

4 hours ago, sam1994 ✌ said:

Driving in to the shops yesterday and some plonker tried to exit the one way the wrong way

I wouldn't budge. He went over to the car and tried to enrich me, but wasn't having any and told him to move

Bastard knocked in to me as what I'd suppose would be an intimidation tactic, then reversed and drove off.

The hit is pretty evident because the dashcam shakes a bit. But if sound is requested, do I supply it? He walks over and calls me a 'honkey bastard'. I've called him a benefit yielding spunk gobbler. So it's not racist back, but I'm wondering if he can spin that as some kind of verbal assault. I got out of the car and asked for his info (which I recorded) but he drove off. Don't you have to stop at an accident? This is all on the dash cam. 

I wouldn't normally mind about a slight kiss on the car but he's been an absolute tit, and I love my car. 

S

Edit: like a tit, I've put this in the wrong category. @spunko -- can you please fix this? 

Can he be seen on camera mouthing those words? If so, do as @spunko suggests.

Do people still use the word "honkey"? 

It's so old I don't even know what it means anymore! 

People say and do the silliest things under stress.

Never drive a car you love and always fill the front with concrete! 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sam1994 ✌ said:

I'd grass him up to the rozzers for a hate crime, its his bonafide racial slur vs your generic insults.

Edited by goldbug9999

On 16/06/2019 at 06:03, sam1994 ✌ said:

S

Ah, 1970`s SitCom terminology...I thought `Love thy neighbour` was lost in the `Annals of time`...your names not Eddie Boothroid is it?

Posted (edited)

Were you using your car’s hooter a lot, to honk at him, thus inspiring him to call you honkey? ‘Cos only lesser pigmented humans can be racist. 

Edited by VladTheImp

You're unlikely to get much sympathy from any official avenue of recourse. You stood your ground, as was your right, but would lose in a game of victim Top Trumps (unless you are a transgender wheelchair user, in which case crack on!). See the case of Native American v MAGA hat teen for further details.

Yes -- the bloke called me a honkey.

He looked fairly well dressed when he left his vehicle. Middle aged, which is what surprised me as he wasn't a 'youth'. But he had a baseball hat on backwards, so perhaps his lexicon is dated and he's trying to be down with the kids. Might have dropped out of the Tory leadership race too early. 

I don't have him mouthing 'honkey' on camera, as he got out of the car and I wound down the window and he mentions it to me. But it's on the mic.

I s'pose I didn't deny being a honkey, he didn't deny being a gobbler. 

On the camera he clearly rams me and drives off. 

My insurance are insisting that my vehicle is taken to the bodyshop for inspection.

Posted (edited)

As someone who hails from Hartlepool - being called a "honkey" isn't exactly the worst insult imaginable.

In fact, I don't think it even makes my personal "Top Twenty".

If you're gonna try to insult me, at least make it funny...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

I had something similar whilst takeing my son aged 16 to his first job interview there was shall we say an exchange of insults on a duel carriage way and at the junction he basicly ran into my arse at 5 mph or so my problem

was I’d drank a lot the night before and I did not want to worry my lad any more he was has nervous has fuck anyway and there was basicly a car full of the fuckers after they bumped us my son looked at me and said this won’t end well will

it I’m like to right the daft twats boxed in now and I lept out with a set of rice flails and tried to get in the drivers doors he locked it and all his mates in the car ie central locking then I jumped on his bonnet and shouted at them to get out then the lights changed and I looked a total cunt stood on this cars bonet with rice flails blocking one lane has the left lane drove past us all thinking wtf but no fucker to be fair blew there horn at me to move on the lads in the car had gone white my sons bright red with embarrassment and even im

thinking how the fuck did it get to this 

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I had something similar whilst takeing my son aged 16 to his first job interview there was shall we say an exchange of insults on a duel carriage way and at the junction he basicly ran into my arse at 5 mph or so my problem

was I’d drank a lot the night before and I did not want to worry my lad any more he was has nervous has fuck anyway and there was basicly a car full of the fuckers after they bumped us my son looked at me and said this won’t end well will

it I’m like to right the daft twats boxed in now and I lept out with a set of rice flails and tried to get in the drivers doors he locked it and all his mates in the car ie central locking then I jumped on his bonnet and shouted at them to get out then the lights changed and I looked a total cunt stood on this cars bonet with rice flails blocking one lane has the left lane drove past us all thinking wtf but no fucker to be fair blew there horn at me to move on the lads in the car had gone white my sons bright red with embarrassment and even im

It's annoying, being bumped from behind, when you are out driving with your son, hoping to pass the afternoon quietly flailing some rice.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

It's annoying, being bumped from behind, when you are out driving with your son, hoping to pass the afternoon quietly flailing some rice.

I always had retractable rice flails on me at one time i need another set a kubatton does not cut the mustard however my e-cigarettet can do the same thing

Edited by stokiescum

10 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I’m calming down Has age takes its toll sadly

54 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

As someone who hails from Hartlepool - being called a "honkey" isn't exactly the worst insult imaginable.

XYY

It didn’t offend me. Offense is something you can take but not be given in my opinion. But I was annoyed. What annoyed me was the attitude of expecting to go the wrong way and for me to have to reverse on to oncoming to accommodate the tosspot.

Much like if someone called me ‘white boy’. Well yes, I am white. Why would I be offended by this? 

4 hours ago, stokiescum said:

What you doing with rice flails in Stoke?  A lot of paddy fields round there?  o.O

12 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

But he's only one letter off!