• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Inexorable long term trends

As weather is to climate so news is to history.

It is a lot of short term noise that serves only to mask the underlying trends that have genuine impact in the long term; and these are really important IMO.

My suggestions are:

1. Easily recoverable fossil fuels will rapidly decline leading to expensive energy and food
  2. Population growth will destroy many natural environments and currently-common wild animals will only be found in zoos and remote areas.
  3. Welfare state and open borders means that low IQ people are breeding over high IQ people.  Thsi will lead to widespread poverty and lawlessness in any currnetly civilised country that allows this to happen: western Europe, New Zealand, Canada.
  4. Cars will increasingly become unaffordable to lower wage earners leading to a decline in traffic and cars parked on public roads.
  5. Home ownership will continue to tumble with anybody at or below average earnings ioth no family money never owing their own house.
  6. Climate change (yes, I think it's real if not entirely man made) will increase both sea levels and storminess making low level coastal areas only seasonally inhabitable.
  7. There will be increased restrictions and taxation upon private wealth-holding; wealth taxes will come in and buyimn physical precious metals may be banned.
  8. State age-related benefits, in parrticular pensions, will be means tested.
  9. NHS treatment will be means tested.

A depressing list I admit; but we're heading there.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

As weather is to climate so news is to history.

It is a lot of short term noise that serves only to mask the underlying trends that have genuine impact in the long term; and these are really important IMO.

My suggestions are:

1. Easily recoverable fossil fuels will rapidly decline leading to expensive energy and food
  2. Population growth will destroy many natural environments and currently-common wild animals will only be found in zoos and remote areas.
  3. Welfare state and open borders means that low IQ people are breeding over high IQ people.  Thsi will lead to widespread poverty and lawlessness in any currnetly civilised country that allows this to happen: western Europe, New Zealand, Canada.
  4. Cars will increasingly become unaffordable to lower wage earners leading to a decline in traffic and cars parked on public roads.
  5. Home ownership will continue to tumble with anybody at or below average earnings ioth no family money never owing their own house.
  6. Climate change (yes, I think it's real if not entirely man made) will increase both sea levels and storminess making low level coastal areas only seasonally inhabitable.
  7. There will be increased restrictions and taxation upon private wealth-holding; wealth taxes will come in and buyimn physical precious metals may be banned.
  8. State age-related benefits, in parrticular pensions, will be means tested.
  9. NHS treatment will be means tested.

A depressing list I admit; but we're heading there.

Somewhere along that list you get wars, civil unrest and the rise of (actual*) far right and far left politics.  That has the consequence of other stuff on the list being moot.

[* ie, not the not far right/left that we've currently got]

Edited by dgul

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

Somewhere along that list you get wars, civil unrest and the rise of (actual*) far right and far left politics.  That has the consequence of other stuff on the list being moot.

[* ie, not the not far right/left that we've currently got]

Yes.

That Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, Carl Benjamin and Nigel Farage are being described as "far right" really doesn't leave any linguistic room for when actual far right politicians start gaining support.

NHS won't be means tested, they just won't have any money for many treatments, it's already the case, my GP is trying to get funding for an injection but has warned me that it is unlikely to be funded. This will just creep to cover more and more treatments.

Its a very comprehensive list F.

One of my additions..or how it could be played out using that list, is the number of Mainland Chinese and Indian students, nouveaux rich, here in the west, react in years to come when then go home...have a chance of experience at life and job market and use wbat they have seen here...not all good potentially.

All the underhand tricks used in the west regarding taxation and government money grabs get exported out and back to Asia.

They are rich kids here.  I see them in Manchester. Important kids.

I have a little indirect experience of Asia. This has not reached them in Asia from what I have seen at the moment

Asia can duck and dive on all your issues..but it will face them.

My point..is when your list or similar hits Asia with a growing number of upper middle class students...some of whom will go into the world of politics....and know the subtlies of how we are screwed..PAYE amd NI are good expamples.

All the slide of hand we have here...will be exported there. A further money grab.

Not yet..10 years?

What then that feedbacks to us in the west I dont know.

Bit i do wonder if the free for all in Asia money wise..is gonna end long term due to us...and us teaching their special kids...who...essentially export our tax system...what happens to the rest of the world?

I dont know the future then..good or bad

The other consequence of fossil fuel scarcity will be reduced air travel resulting in the world becoming bigger again. This will result in a huge push for virtual reality. 

Birth rates worldwide will dwindle to zero as the west stops breeding and becomes unable to support the breeding of Africa and Asia as famine and pestilence return. Normal service is resumed.

25 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Sorry Frank but your manifesto is a tad gloomy for me. Think I will vote for someone else.

He's going to need Tariq Mahmood to swing that one. 

4 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

The other consequence of fossil fuel scarcity will be reduced air travel resulting in the world becoming bigger again. This will result in a huge push for virtual reality. 

Birth rates worldwide will dwindle to zero as the west stops breeding and becomes unable to support the breeding of Africa and Asia as famine and pestilence return. Normal service is resumed.

I see that as a huge crisis point rather than an inexorable trend.  There will be vast civil unrest.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I see that as a huge crisis point rather than an inexorable trend.  There will be vast civil unrest.

You think? Africa will do what it's always done - sit on its collective arse whilst millions starve. The west won't be able to do anything and other Africans won't give a flying fuck.

2 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

You think? Africa will do what it's always done - sit on its collective arse whilst millions starve. The west won't be able to do anything and other Africans won't give a flying fuck.

Vast numbers of them are already in western Europe, not integrated, not working.

If they start starving then they will kick off.

You, and I, would say "fuck 'em" and arrest the whole lot but the state as it stands will cave.

Vast numbers of them are already in western Europe, not integrated, not working.

If they start starving then they will kick off.

You, and I, would say "fuck 'em" and arrest the whole lot but the state as it stands will cave.

I think that if they start to kick off then the state will have to deal with it. Unless it is all deliberate and this is what the establishment is waiting for. 

Who knows?  Time will tell. 

27 minutes ago, snaga said:

NHS won't be means tested, they just won't have any money for many treatments, it's already the case, my GP is trying to get funding for an injection but has warned me that it is unlikely to be funded. This will just creep to cover more and more treatments.

My experience is that there has always probably always been rationing and preference regarding nhs treatment. I first discovered this around twenty years ago when my late father was admitted to hospital. He’d had a heart attack and was admitted to intensive care.

I was astonished to learn from a relative who was on duty when he was admitted that he was only in intensive care because he was her relative. At his age, 64 in the late 1990’s he would normally have been admitted to an ordinary ward. That was in the major hospital in Dumfries & Galloway. 

We’re bombarded with reports of scientific advancements and promising medical treatments but the truth is it’s not available for the majority.

Every available space in the U.K will be sacrificed to housing to ensure GDP continues to rise

GDP per capita will decrease and productivity will continue to fall.

The two points above will never be connected.

The history of places will cease to be taught. All people have always lived everywhere.

The seas will be emptied. The last Bluefin will be sold for millions and eaten.

Aquaculture will destroy the environment in which it exists.

Michael Gove will continue to be a massive cunt.

There will be massive atrocities as Islamists attack others as and when the opportunities arise.

The state will remind us that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam.

The population of the UK will officially pass 70 million (real total 100,000,000)

Water will be metered in every property and hose pipe bans will be the norm despite record rainfall as reservoir capacity is reduced to allow spaces for housing.

Gastric bypass surgery will become a rite of passage.

Facial tattoos in customer facing roles will become the norm.

5 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

My experience is that there has always probably always been rationing and preference regarding nhs treatment. I first discovered this around twenty years ago when my late father was admitted to hospital. He’d had a heart attack and was admitted to intensive care.

I was astonished to learn from a relative who was on duty when he was admitted that he was only in intensive care because he was her relative. At his age, 64 in the late 1990’s he would normally have been admitted to an ordinary ward. That was in the major hospital in Dumfries & Galloway. 

We’re bombarded with reports of scientific advancements and promising medical treatments but the truth is it’s not available for the majority.

Much as I would prefer not to if my nearest and dearest were in hospital then because they seem to give the best care to those with aggressive relatives then that is the role that I would play.

I know of three people who have died in hospital through substandard treatment and that isn't happening to mine. They will have priority because I will kick off and I am built like a wrestler.

It's a shame that that is what is required; but it is.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mental Floss said:

Every available space in the U.K will be sacrificed to housing 

I'd be delighted if that were to actually happen, what will happen instead is the opposite - housing will continue to be rationed to ensure that current owners and land lords profit from the labour of an ever growing underclass of renters.

Edited by goldbug9999

Much as I would prefer not to if my nearest and dearest were in hospital then because they seem to give the best care to those with aggressive relatives then that is the role that I would play.

I know of three people who have died in hospital through substandard treatment and that isn't happening to mine. They will have priority because I will kick off and I am built like a wrestler.

It's a shame that that is what is required; but it is.

Both my relatives who worked in the nhs would agree that you have to be demanding.

Two years ago the partner of one of them took ill suddenly and was taken to the local A&E. At first it was thought it was possibly a mild stroke but Doctor concluded the patient was just severely stressed and best to go home and try to relax. My relative said no way, there’s something wrong and demanded a second opinion. While waiting for another doctor the patient had to be given an emergency tracheotomy procedure. Ended up in hospital for eight months, initially paralysed but gradually recovered. Guillan barre syndrome spelling? Imagine if they’d went home and had to wait for an ambulance when the patient couldn’t breathe....would have died.

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Both my relatives who worked in the nhs would agree that you have to be demanding.

Two years ago the partner of one of them took ill suddenly and was taken to the local A&E. At first it was thought it was possibly a mild stroke but Doctor concluded the patient was just severely stressed and best to go home and try to relax. My relative said no way, there’s something wrong and demanded a second opinion. While waiting for another doctor the patient had to be given an emergency tracheotomy procedure. Ended up in hospital for eight months, initially paralysed but gradually recovered. Guillan barre syndrome spelling? Imagine if they’d went home and had to wait for an ambulance when the patient couldn’t breathe....would have died.

Yep, the trust has gone.

They are not all-knowing experts they are resource managers who try to deflect problems as they arise. If you accept it you are a fool.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes.

That Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, Carl Benjamin and Nigel Farage are being described as "far right" really doesn't leave any linguistic room for when actual far right politicians start gaining support.

you mean like Cuntybyn?

Our civilisation has been over investing in complexity with diminishing returns for some time now.

That was true in the banking crisis of 2008 and it is true in all other areas of life.

More fundamentally the western world seems to have given up on rational thinking in favour of believing in unicorns of all varieties.

Posted (edited)

This is the best thread on here (already the best forum) yet.  Pure gold.  

I am reminded of something I was once told about the chinese.....

.... in the west 50 yrs is long term.  In china, that's short term... for them, 500 yrs is long term.

Edited by sbn