• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

sbn

In memorium

Recommended Posts

A sombre thread. 

I've been on here since the start and TOS since about 2005.

Who has passed (usernames only please)?

A place for memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not aware of any tbh.

There have been three on my football forums where relatives or friends have posted such but those forums are qualitatively different because they stem from a particular activity happening at a particular place so people will know each other before joining the forum so you are more likely to see notice of passing.

On most forums it is going to be a very rare reason for someone to stop posting so you aren't going to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People do often post with various medical conditions so I guess we might find out..  but I expect the boring truth is most of us are simply still alive.

most survive to 70 or 80 these days,  I don’t think there are many here over about 60 or so.

It might be interesting to poll members by age if we’ve not already done so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Libspero said:

People do often post with various medical conditions so I guess we might find out..  but I expect the boring truth is most of us are simply still alive.

most survive to 70 or 80 these days,  I don’t think there are many here over about 60 or so.

It might be interesting to poll members by age if we’ve not already done so.

You are only as old as the man that you feel. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

People do often post with various medical conditions so I guess we might find out..  but I expect the boring truth is most of us are simply still alive.

most survive to 70 or 80 these days,  I don’t think there are many here over about 60 or so.

It might be interesting to poll members by age if we’ve not already done so.

@Byron is impressively ancient, his posts generally show no sign of it but I think I remember him posting something about jobs he’d been doing in the 60s. Most OAPs can’t start up Windows. @Snow bird is an oversexed vampire, still shagging at an age when for most it’s a distant memory. There may be others...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

You are only as old as the man that you feel. :)

Are toy boys your secret to longevity @One percent ?

Not sure it cuts both ways..  I have a suspicion if I started feeling younger women my life expectancy would reduce considerably..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Sometimes it feels like Stokie is posting from another world.

:P

He is. Stoke.

26 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Daftboy as Pinny stated. There was also an old poster named Serpico from recollection who barely ever posted, but what he did post was superb. Owned a motorcycle dealership back in ye olde days. 

Remember Durch? He was targetting extreme longevity. Wanted to witness the singularity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex said:

Whatever happened to Injin? I had some good debates with him.

You can’t prove that you did.

2 hours ago, NewryH said:

Should it be 'person of death'?

Corporeally challenged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Daftboy as Pinny stated. There was also an old poster named Serpico from recollection who barely ever posted, but what he did post was superb. Owned a motorcycle dealership back in ye olde days. 

I liked "DaftBoys" rather concise wit, and I didn't realise he was ill, because I didn't know him. One person here knew him ,and I have completly forgotten her, but I used to post  Ford model T picture to remind her of her age..When you remind me of my age, please pot a '58 Licooln.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I liked "DaftBoys" rather concise wit, and I didn't realise he was ill, because I didn't know him. One person here knew him ,and I have completly forgotten her, but I used to post  Ford model T picture to remind her of her age..When you remind me of my age, please pot a '58 Licooln.

It was @Bossybabe IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.