• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Luck

I wanted some trainers. I'd popped into Sports direct earlier in the week but was invisible to the staff so left.
Came back today when I had more time to be a nuisance.

Picked a pair of size 6 and tried it on. Fitted fine. So couldn't see the other. Went and collared the bloke. 

What size is it?

No, it's not they don't do a 6 in the mens range. You must have got it from the womens or the juniors.

Nope: Def from here. 
I show him where and he then checks the label inside the trainer. 

Oh. That's unusual. Here's the other (I couldn't see the box it was from but he found it)

So I go and pay. Box has label reduced to 36 quid. Ouch but I want something waterproof that I can walk in. 

So ask nicely if there's any extra discount available. She looks confused and says no. The trainers ring through at 24 quid. Which was much more acceptable to me. :)

Upshot: I'd splashed out some money to help boost the economy and not spent as much as I thought I'd have to.

31 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I wanted some trainers. I'd popped into Sports direct earlier in the week but was invisible to the staff so left.
Came back today when I had more time to be a nuisance.

Picked a pair of size 6 and tried it on. Fitted fine. So couldn't see the other. Went and collared the bloke. 

What size is it?

No, it's not they don't do a 6 in the mens range. You must have got it from the womens or the juniors.

Nope: Def from here. 
I show him where and he then checks the label inside the trainer. 

Oh. That's unusual. Here's the other (I couldn't see the box it was from but he found it)

So I go and pay. Box has label reduced to 36 quid. Ouch but I want something waterproof that I can walk in. 

So ask nicely if there's any extra discount available. She looks confused and says no. The trainers ring through at 24 quid. Which was much more acceptable to me. :)

Upshot: I'd splashed out some money to help boost the economy and not spent as much as I thought I'd have to.

On the downside, you have bought a Sports Direct product.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

On the downside, you have bought a Sports Direct product.

Gelert... (made since 1975 the box tells me) 
they've got a small bit of colour on the bottom which might be orange. They feel reasonable well made and about a million times better than the shite they sell as 'women's trainers'...  

https://www.gelert.com/gelert-horizon-low-waterproof-mens-walking-shoes-183698?colcode=18369869

Waterproof was a key word I noted.

Edited by sarahbell

5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Gelert... (made since 1975 the box tells me) 
they've got a small bit of colour on the bottom which might be orange. They feel reasonable well made and about a million times better than the shite they sell as 'women's trainers'...  

https://www.gelert.com/gelert-horizon-low-waterproof-mens-walking-shoes-183698?colcode=18369869

Waterproof was a key word I noted.

Gelert is one of the Sports Direct's owned brands.

Just now, Happy Renting said:

That's like me buying trousers purely on the basis they are 'stain resistant'.

You should look at ladies trainers to understand why I thought this was a good word to see.

Ladies trainers are made of tissue paper in bright colours often with out any sole other than a thin layer of cardboard.

59 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Ladies trainers are made of tissue paper in bright colours often with out any solesoul other than a thin layer of cardboard.

My Mum is a nurse so she wears reebok black shoes as she is often walking a lot. 

She has small feet (size 3 I think). They're about £60 for a pair. I told her to buy kids shoes so she buys boys size 3 reebok and they're much cheaper as there is no VAT on children's shoes. They also seem more durable than the women's shoes. 

8 hours ago, sam1994 ✌ said:

My Mum is a nurse so she wears reebok black shoes as she is often walking a lot. 

She has small feet (size 3 I think). They're about £60 for a pair. I told her to buy kids shoes so she buys boys size 3 reebok and they're much cheaper as there is no VAT on children's shoes. They also seem more durable than the women's shoes. 

Mrs. Eight wears girls size 3 shoes. For the time being she can share with our ten year old daughter.