• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Facebook usage down 20% after censoring popular personalities

Facebook usage is down 20% after they censored pretty much everyone to the right of Bernie Sanders the latest data has revealed.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jun/20/facebook-usage-collapsed-since-scandal-data-shows

as the same time an alliance of 16 of the world's leading brands along with Democratic politicians have called for more censorship and want the platforms to be "just like TV"

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/21/facebook-and-google-face-scrutiny-from-ad-execs-at-cannes.html

3 hours ago, Libspero said:

I heard all the cool kids are on DOSBODs these days.. B|

Can't be true - I'm here.

I am an anti-cool,
I'm not somebody's fool,
I think what I want,
And I know how to say it,
I want to debate,

And I want to be ... just me!

Anti-cool in the UK,
Anti-cool in the UK....
[1]

Do you think it might catch on?

[1] Sung to the tune of 'Anarchy in the UK' by Lydon et al, circa 1977 

I am hearing from the youngsters and not so youngsters at work that WhatsApp or Instagram, I forget which or it may even be both, is the one they use.

Facebook is going the way of Friends Reunited particularly because it is often used by parents to keep an eye on their children.

Hey, sharing your social media with your parents. That's hardly what a hep cool cat would do.

I always think any man over the aged of 20 on facebook is a possible nonse, would be groomer or homosexual and has definite bellend tendencies, maybe this theory has caught on.

Its a theory based on what the fk are men posting pictures of themselves for the world to see and expecting congratulations for it. And what the fk is wrong with them liking photos of people doing crap and writing crap. No problem with getting the family album out but only when drunk.

The strangest thing i find about this waste of a website is people have been known to frequently post pictures of their dinner and tea (meals also known as lunch and dinner for those in southern England) and they actually get a polite response instead of being asked what the fuck theyre taking pictures of their food for.

As a company I think creating 1,000's, 10'000's if not 100,000's of enemies is not exactly a sensible thing to do. With their track record of using/abusing data a concerted attack on their business and business model would likely succeed. Companies are like sharks hey can run fine as long as going forward investing huge capital outlays but if they even stop growing they can quickly be upside own on their costs. Could see at least 50% of their user base (or frequency/type of use) being wiped out in weeks with the right pressure points. Most of the public are totally unaware of how their future life might be blighted by the data Facebooking in particular hold and share.

It's a pity because when Facebook started it was just perfect for keeping in touch with real-life social circle and knowing when events were on. Rubbish now a torrent of irrelevancies and people you never heard of.

4 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

It's a pity because when Facebook started it was just perfect for keeping in touch with real-life social circle and knowing when events were on. Rubbish now a torrent of irrelevancies and people you never heard of.

DOSBODS got there first.....

59 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

And no-one posts pictures of their tea.

At least it’s their own tea..  half the ones I used to get were taken in restaurants or just generic Nutella sponsored reposts of recipes for chocolate peas*.     

*insert any random food and add chocolate flavoured nut oil.

4 hours ago, Tdog said:

Dinner and tea (meals also known as lunch and dinner for those in southern England) 

Also known as dinner and supper for the rest of us..  or perhaps I’m a bit old school these days o.O

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Also known as dinner and supper for the rest of us..  or perhaps I’m a bit old school these days o.O

Nope @Tdog is correct. It’s dinner and tea. Although with a nod to having lived in the south east, I now refer to it as lunch and tea. :)

Just now, One percent said:

Nope @Tdog is correct. It’s dinner and tea. Although with a nod to having lived in the south east, I now refer to it as lunch and tea. :)

So you’ve always been sent to bed with no supper!

Just now, Libspero said:

Ah, supper comes after tea. It’s the cup of Horlick before bed with the hob nob biscuit.

dont ever accuse me of being unrefined. xD 

Yo wanna gan aboot a bit with Mr XYY. He's always going on aboot his fish supper.

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yo wanna gan aboot a bit with Mr XYY. He's always going on aboot his fish supper.

After perusing the hobbies thread and stumbling upon his weekend fetish of snapping rope-bound, Lycra clad men with his TX70 I fear our mutual interests likely extend no further than fish suppers ;)

@The XYY Man

18 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Nah supper is a bowl of cereal after your tea, might even be a slice of toast.

22 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah, supper comes after tea. 

There at least we can agree..  tea being served at around 2-3ish on a tea-trolly with cake, scones and/or finger sandwiches ;) 

There at least we can agree..  tea being served at around 2-3ish on a tea-trolly with cake, scones and/or finger sandwiches ;) 

9_9 tea is what you would have at around 5.30 as you well know. It may well be the main meal of the day.