• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bus Stop Boxer

EMF reduction

Am looking in to ways of reducing this, if indeed its a thing.

Whats best for reducing it from a phone?

Does anyone wear one of thos pendants?

Im minded to get a pouch cover thing for the mobile or maybe one of those stick on discs. Any good?

Posted (edited)

wireless home phones are among the worst as they constantly ping each other and people have them beside their head when sleeping

found 5ghz wifi made me feel unwell, so I don't use that

Edited by ashestoashes

I don't have any of those; I minimise my "on all the time" stuff at home; turning things off at the plug socket unless I specifically want them on all the time.

2 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

why do phone manufacturers come out with low radiation versions ?

It's the title of the one hit song by EMF, a band from the Forest of Dean who were briefly famous at the time of Pop Will Eat Itself and various "crusty" bands without themselves being crusties.

36 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Am looking in to ways of reducing this, if indeed its a thing.

Does anyone wear one of thos pendants?

Im minded to get a pouch cover thing for the mobile or maybe one of those stick on discs. Any good?

A tinfoil hat maybe?!

1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Take the battery out.

You can also reduce a car's fuel consumption and emissions by taking the engine out.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

A tinfoil hat maybe?!

"if indeed it is a thing".

19 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Take the battery out.

You can also reduce a car's fuel consumption and emissions by taking the engine out.

Cant remove batteries on modern phones. If one is being serious.

I walk the dog with my phone in my right arse pocket.

I have a sore right hip.

Just following some dots.

21 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

"if indeed it is a thing".

Cant remove batteries on modern phones. If one is being serious.

I walk the dog with my phone in my right arse pocket.

I have a sore right hip.

Just following some dots.

Don't take your phone out for a walk. Nobody needs their phone on a walk - unless they are managing millions of dollars minute by minute or a President of a country or something.

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Don't take your phone out for a walk. Nobody needs their phone on a walk - unless they are managing millions of dollars minute by minute or a President of a country or something.

Or you are a yoga teacher

2 hours ago, honkydonkey said:

Put it in your left pocket.

This then if you start getting problems with your left hip, you know that there is a problem. If not and the pain continues in the right hip, you are officially an old duffer and need a new hip

1 minute ago, One percent said:

This then if you start getting problems with your left hip, you know that there is a problem. If not and the pain continues in the right hip, you are officially an old duffer and need a new hip

@Bus Stop Boxer

If you plan to change pockets from right to left, you will need to put a dummy phone into your right pocket, otherwise you will not know whether it is the phone or the radiation if your condition switches sides.

Please do get back wth the results :)

I only carry my phone in my trouser pocket for very brief periods when there is no other choice.

It goes in a jacket pocket or backpack or, if it's a local walk, I don't take it.

The phone is there as get out if trouble card (car breaks down or I break down!) rather than to receive calls.

Though as I have mentioned previously the police thought my car had been abandoned in a beach car park during a storm on a winter's evening and had I not had my phone on me when they called me then they would have launched a full sea rescue search.

If you are worried about cellphones, you won't become a radio ham. Mind you the antenna is on the roof frying pigeons, not stuck to my ear.

PinCHQ.JPG

35 minutes ago, MrPin said:

If you are worried about cellphones, you won't become a radio ham. Mind you the antenna is on the roof frying pigeons, not stuck to my ear.

PinCHQ.JPG

I love the way you've got two microphones to ensure that everything you say is being broadcast over the airwaves to all and sundry, but that you've got no headphones  to hear what anyone else says.

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

@Bus Stop Boxer

If you plan to change pockets from right to left, you will need to put a dummy phone into your right pocket, otherwise you will not know whether it is the phone or the radiation if your condition switches sides.

Please do get back wth the results :)

I like your thoroughly scientific approach! :D

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Errol said:

Err, I often drive about 30 mins from home to a variety of rural locations. Then the dog & I get out for an hr's walk. So I need my mobile phone on me in case ...

• I get lost in the forest
  • I twist my ankle and can't make it back to the car
  • I am being followed by someone
  • the dog runs away (my phone number is on her collar)
  • the car breaks down
  • I have a car accident of some kind.

Of course, Sod's Law dictates that I will be in a zone with no phone signal if any of the above ever happens! (But it comforts me to think I can call for help if in trouble - maybe.)

Edited by whocares

19 minutes ago, SNACR said:

If it’s backwards I recommend a diode maybe an IN4001.

In4007 has a reverse voltage of 1000v and cost tuppence more you tightwad.

18 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

If you are worried about EMF don't read about this.

They are developing the wireless transmission of power to homes, industry, cars, aircraft.

http://vizivtechnologies.com/

They have built this in Milford Texas.

milford.thumb.jpg.af371b79515fa1f6063160c6310455b8.jpg

In the future nobody can escape EMF.

That dosent look satanic or sinister in any way whatsoever.