• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

RANT of the day

I am working today as usual but just wasting my fucking time.

Trying to clear my email backlog but there is so much shit in it I am shoulder deep in the stuff - and I can't get rid of it.

My current pain is Uber. I have a very good .com domain, but there are lots of other similar ones - .co.uk / .co.za / .info etc - full of idiots that do't know their email address correctly.

Five of the wankers have now signed up with Uber. So every time they take a taxi or order a meal, I get told about it. It is like facebook but getting updates on twats you don't even know.

But can you get it amended? - Christ knows. I have replied to the emails but of course they are from a 'we don't reply to this stuff' account

I tried to log in to close the account but obviously can't log on - so try for a password reminder - but this needs a four digit code sent to their phone. So no help there.

They do have a bit of their web site to report fraud - takes some time to find it. On Faceache. Which again I don't normally use. First question (required) - what is your mobile phone number. I don't have a fucking mobile phone. Please stop insisting I do. Wankers. I have given some random number I found online. Just hope they need a mobile hairdresser at Uber HQ.

Why they can't just have a simple double opt in to verify an email address I have no idea.

Duolingo is just as bad. Four of my near namesakes are schools. I have now deleted so many duolingo accounts I am on first name terms with the guys in their customer service department.

Don't get me started on pinterest - but at least with them you can just unsubscribe with one click.

Rant over. For now.

But if any of you guys designing websites want to do the world a favour, add in email confirmation on sign up.

7 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Can't you block emails you don't want?

I have taken to doing this with email addresses and telephone numbers, I'm getting a lot less spam calls/mails.

The only way to do this is make every email from Uber etc go to spam.

But I still check my spam box every day or two so it doesn't really solve the problem. THEIR problem.

51 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Trying to clear my email backlog but there is so much shit in it I am shoulder deep in the stuff - and I can't get rid of it.

My current pain is Uber. I have a very good .com domain, but there are lots of other similar ones - .co.uk / .co.za / .info etc - full of idiots that do't know their email address correctly.

Five of the wankers have now signed up with Uber. So every time they take a taxi or order a meal, I get told about it. It is like facebook but getting updates on twats you don't even know.

But can you get it amended? - Christ knows. I have replied to the emails but of course they are from a 'we don't reply to this stuff' account

I tried to log in to close the account but obviously can't log on - so try for a password reminder - but this needs a four digit code sent to their phone. So no help there.

They do have a bit of their web site to report fraud - takes some time to find it. On Faceache. Which again I don't normally use. First question (required) - what is your mobile phone number. I don't have a fucking mobile phone. Please stop insisting I do. Wankers. I have given some random number I found online. Just hope they need a mobile hairdresser at Uber HQ.

Why they can't just have a simple double opt in to verify an email address I have no idea.

Duolingo is just as bad. Four of my near namesakes are schools. I have now deleted so many duolingo accounts I am on first name terms with the guys in their customer service department.

Don't get me started on pinterest - but at least with them you can just unsubscribe with one click.

Rant over. For now.

But if any of you guys designing websites want to do the world a favour, add in email confirmation on sign up.

Confused. Why are you getting emails from Uber? 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Confused. Why are you getting emails from Uber? 

Let's say my domain is @wightflight.com

Some twat has the domain wightflight.info 

The sign up to uber as Twat@wightflight.com in error.

I then get all their fucking emails.

11 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Let's say my domain is @wightflight.com

Some twat has the domain wightflight.info 

The sign up to uber as Twat@wightflight.com in error.

I then get all their fucking emails.

Ah ta. 

We at least you won’t be stuck for a cab. :)

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Ah ta. 

We at least you won’t be stuck for a cab. :)

It clearly need mansplaining.

And I will be. We don't have Uber here. But some fucker in Cape Town uses them a lot.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

The only way to do this is make every email from Uber etc go to spam.

But I still check my spam box every day or two so it doesn't really solve the problem. THEIR problem.

Don't want to sound harsh, but it is YOUR problem at the moment as you are dealing with the emails.

As mentioned above, have a separate folder they all go to and then clear down every month or so.

Edited by NewryH
Up and down confused

1 hour ago, unregistered_guest said:

Really stupid question #456:

Why are you running a catch-all email address on a domain which attracts a load of numpties?

Because I use a lot of aliases to track who is selling my details and also for security. E.g i have amazon@whightflight.com, ebay@wightflight.com etc.

There are also a lot of legacy staff accounts that I need to monitor - too many to run individual email accounts for.

2 hours ago, NewryH said:

Don't want to sound harsh, but it is YOUR problem at the moment as you are dealing with the emails.

As mentioned above, have a separate folder they all go to and then clear down every month or so.

Fair point. From some internet searching today is seems that there a lot of people with the same problem.

Posted (edited)

Don't be so vain and use an @gmail.com account like every other pleb. No-one cares your email address is wight@flight.com, much like no-one cares your car numberplate is WF1

I have personal email, phone number and numberplate so feel like I'm qualified to call you a twat.

Edited by honkydonkey

I was going to say similar to the above, why are you not using Gmail for Business out of interest?

One click on "mark as spam" and your problems are over instantly. I personally would only ever use Gmail / Gmail for Business from now on, after pissing about with others for far too long I realised what a waste of time it is.

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I was going to say similar to the above, why are you not using Gmail for Business out of interest?

One click on "mark as spam" and your problems are over instantly. I personally would only ever use Gmail / Gmail for Business from now on, after pissing about with others for far too long I realised what a waste of time it is.

Do you mean using a @Gmail.com address?

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

Do you mean using a @Gmail.com address?

No, you can use Gmail for Business with any email address. I use it for my @mybusiness.co.uk email, works in browser (gmail.com) or Outlook.

Just now, spunko said:

No, you can use Gmail for Business with any email address. I use it for my @mybusiness.co.uk email, works in browser (gmail.com) or Outlook.

I thought you lot were anti google?

Why is this better than using 123reg email and outlook?

6 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Rant over. For now.

Report them (Uber that is) to Spamhaus and others.