• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Savages

Like everybody else I didn't watch the game; however two things about football in general. Referees must have received some instruction about their positioning during play as I find they are increasingly getting tangled up with players in a way that never happened before. And VAR is the work of satan and will possibly kill football altogether.

I got the feeling that the wimmin world cup was being pitched up as being better than the mens ...

However ... in practise it appears to be worse than the mens, at all levels.

I watch a lot of football, season ticket holder at Arsenal, when there isn't a game there I'll go to watch the local non-league or Millwall and I'll generally be streaming the bigger games across the world. I'll watch the ladies football on the So-Called BBC also.

I've watched a lot of this Women's World Cup, it's no surprise to me, but it's genuinely been awful quality. The games are either a total mis-match or just incredibly scrappy. They can't string more than about 3-4 passes between them, ball control is absolutely non-existent and about 95% of crosses fail to beat the first woman, let alone  find a team mate.

I think the So-Called BBC has made a bit of a mis-judgment, women have every right to play football, but they have over promoted it and rather than doing the sport a favour it's potentially damaging any progress they might be making, because now the spot light is on the curtain has slipped and we can see what it really is, a poor imitation of the real thing.

As for Cameroon, it's all a it Zaire in 1974, as if they have driven round Yaounde the week before the tournament in a mini bus asking random people in the street if they fancy a free holiday to France, no need to worry about knowing the rules, you can learn them as you go a long. Of course the So-Called BBC will be going on for hours and hours during the commentary about how great it is for young girls in rural Cameroon, ignoring the fact they probably haven't got access to a TV and are busy walking 10 miles to get some fresh water.

On VAR... hmm not really sure at this point. I think as a TV viewer it's not much of an issue. But the last couple of days there have been some major incidents, the Cameroon goal being a good example, but another last night with Brazil, goal goes in instantly given off side so outside of the initial burst of excitement you see the line woman's flag, it dies down and on we go. But no all of a sudden it's up for review, not offside and we can all now celebrate.

It's coming next season in the Premier League, will be interesting to see how it operates in the stadium as a live experience, not that well I'd wager.

Having said all that, I do prefer the idea of getting a decision correct.

There are plenty of worse examples in the men's game.

As soon as there become material financial rewards people start behaving very badly indeed.

Not that I'm interested in women's football but if some people are then hood luck to them; all I ask us that the So-Called BBC both ceases to conflate it with the men's game and stops reporting it as important news when the swathes of empty seats at a knockout stage of the women's world cup tells you that this is very much a minority sport.

I watched a bit of France-Brazil.

France seemed to have 2 or 3 transexual black "girls" about my size playing for them, or at least that's what they looked like. They may not have been trans, but they were certainly very big and masculine in appearance. Looked ridiculous when they were disputing possession with normal size women.

10 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I watched a bit of France-Brazil.

France seemed to have 2 or 3 transexual black "girls" about my size playing for them, or at least that's what they looked like. They may not have been trans, but they were certainly very big and masculine in appearance. Looked ridiculous when they were disputing possession with normal size women.

Iran leads the way in this.

spacer.png

This is, and you'll laugh, the Iranian under 14 girls team o.O

Number 11 and number 4 do at least look like women; though hardly under 14.  Note how most of the back row is crouching so that you don't realise that they're all six foot adult men.

https://theiranproject.com/blog/2013/03/11/iran-thrashes-tajikistan-7-1-in-afc-u-14-girls-championship/

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

spacer.png

Number 11 and number 4 do at least look like women; though hardly under 14.  Note how most of the back row is crouching so that you don't realise that they're all six foot adult men.

https://theiranproject.com/blog/2013/03/11/iran-thrashes-tajikistan-7-1-in-afc-u-14-girls-championship/

Future world champions, that team!

I think the title is a little unfair.

Some of the behaviour was shocking and childish but i would suggest its more a lack of professionalism, coaching and leadership.

The referee was woeful and lost control completely.

All the decisions that the Cameroon players found contentious were backed up by VAR and ,although some marginal, were  correct to the letter of the rules. This is what VAR delivers.

Cameroon behaved like an aggrieved pub team and, while there were some more mature players, the coach did not lead but got involved. They seemed to be unaware of the rules or how they were being applied.

The spitting didn't look in real time to be intentional and the elbow was clumsy.

In fact, the only decisions that were dodgy were the elbow, a clear England penalty and a nailed on red card towaeds the end.

In order, I blame the coach, referee then the players need to grow up and realise what level they are playing at.

I did watch the game, why I'm not sure, guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

16 minutes ago, MrPin said:

East Germany was once famous for women not being very feminine.

Some of those E. German times are still on the books, the 400 m record looks completely unbeatable. 

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

spacer.png

Front row, 2nd from right.

Nice to to see Sajid Javid put the leadership contest behind him and play for Iran.

VAR can never work as football is not a play by play sport like rugby, cricket etc. It's just a desperate attempt to get advertising breaks into normal play and judging by the lack of dissent from anybody who wants to work in football media I'd say there is a lot of money at stake.

6 minutes ago, eight said:

VAR can never work as football is not a play by play sport like rugby, cricket etc. It's just a desperate attempt to get advertising breaks into normal play and judging by the lack of dissent from anybody who wants to work in football media I'd say there is a lot of money at stake.

I actually like VAR as I have seen far too many clear penalties missed or definite goals disallowed.

In such a low scoring game as football one wrong decision changes the result.

It should of course be used sparingly.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I actually like VAR as I have seen far too many clear penalties missed or definite goals disallowed.

In such a low scoring game as football one wrong decision changes the result.

It should of course be used sparingly.

What's VAR Frank? I think of it as "reactive power", which should be VAr, but then I don't know much about football.

Just now, MrPin said:

What's VAR Frank? I think of it as "reactive power", which should be VAr, but then I don't know much about football.

Video Assistant Referee such as Rugby Union has used successfully for years.

Now they need to mike up the ref so that any swearing is recorded and the player sent off.

5 minutes ago, eight said:

I think it can as long as it's used sparingly and just to get some of the big calls right. if there is any doubt then just play on. They need some rules in place to speed the thing up though. I don't watch much these days but caught a few minutes of the Austrailia game the other day. One of the players moved her chest to the ball and skimmed somewhere near her arm/shoudler/chest. During the live action I said not a penalty. They then spent 10 minutes going over the footage, rewinding and forwarding. There was no clear angle, and when they slowed it down just made the decision harder. For a while they were focusing on an angle from the rear where you couldn't even see anything. In instnaces like this it's not a penalty and move on. To take that long to come to a straightforward decision is just a waste of time.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Video Assistant Referee such as Rugby Union has used successfully for years.

Now they need to mike up the ref so that any swearing is recorded and the player sent off.

OK a new acronym for my glossary.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

I think the title is a little unfair.

Some of the behaviour was shocking and childish but i would suggest its more a lack of professionalism, coaching and leadership.

The referee was woeful and lost control completely.

All the decisions that the Cameroon players found contentious were backed up by VAR and ,although some marginal, were  correct to the letter of the rules. This is what VAR delivers.

Cameroon behaved like an aggrieved pub team and, while there were some more mature players, the coach did not lead but got involved. They seemed to be unaware of the rules or how they were being applied.

The spitting didn't look in real time to be intentional and the elbow was clumsy.

In fact, the only decisions that were dodgy were the elbow, a clear England penalty and a nailed on red card towaeds the end.

In order, I blame the coach, referee then the players need to grow up and realise what level they are playing at.

I did watch the game, why I'm not sure, guess I'm a sucker for punishment.

Not me. I am of the opinion that a lot of 'alpha' minded women feel the need to compensate, to 'prove' themselves....in doing so they just come off as aggressive or unhinged...like Hillary giggling like a schoolgirl upon news Ghaddafi had just been sodomized to death, or Treason Mays rather vindictive and authoritarian attitude to anyone to the right of her that just comes off as being petty and emotional. Like being alpha isnt enough, they have to broadcast the fact in a rather tactless and tasteless celebration. 

Edited by PatronizingGit