• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Two jags suffers a stroke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48745868

Former deputy prime minister and Labour veteran John Prescott has been admitted to hospital after suffering a stroke, his family has said.

A statement on the 81-year-old's Twitter account said he was taken to Hull Royal Infirmary on Friday.

He is "over the worst" and "talking", former Home Secretary Alan Johnson told the So-Called BBC.

Ex-PM Tony Blair said his thoughts were with Lord Prescott, adding: "Hoping very much that he gets better soon."

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I was surprised that he is 81 

Well that's a sign of your age. Sometimes I buy a film on DVD, and can't believe how old it is.

8 minutes ago, LC1 said:

I'm amazed he's managed to get to 81, tbh.

Even Bernard Manning made it to 77, although he was in poor health in later life. I reckon it's a bit of a myth that an unhealthy lifestyle means you die young. It's mainly those who drop dead of heart attacks at 45 who bring the averages down. Most quite unhealthy men seem to make it to 80ish if they can avoid a fatal heart attack.

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

Even Bernard Manning made it to 77, although he was in poor health in later life. I reckon it's a bit of a myth that an unhealthy lifestyle means you die young. It's mainly those who drop dead of heart attacks at 45 who bring the averages down. Most quite unhealthy men seem to make it to 80ish if they can avoid a fatal heart attack.

Sshhh.  The government want us all living a sack cloth and ashes lifestyle. A bit of butter is deadly you know. ;)

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Sshhh.  The government want us all living a sack cloth and ashes lifestyle. A bit of butter is deadly you know. ;)

Mr Lydon promotes it....

Posted (edited)

My Uncle Brian, the youngest of seven kids on me dad's side, died of cancer in his forties.

The only one who'd never smoked in the entire family.

First one to go on me mam's side - though it was via marriage to her sister - was my other Uncle Brian, also a life-long non-smoker.

Moral of the story...?

If you're called Brian, go and buy twenty Regal king-size...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

My Uncle Brian, the youngest of seven kids on me dad's side, died of cancer in his forties.

The only one who'd never smoked in the entire family.

First one to go on me mam's side - though it was via marriage to her sister - was my other Uncle Brian, also a life-long non-smoker.

Moral of the story...? 

If you're called Brian, go and buy twenty Regal king-size...

;)

XYY

From one of Spy's dodgy Romanian vans?

5 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Don’t like his politics but fair play to him holding his own with the with Blair, Brown and Mandleson 

And he at least has a sense of humour 

And could hold his own in a fight. Remember that egging incident and he went in all fists like a champion boxer. It wasn’t that long ago so must have been well in his sixties. 

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

And could hold his own in a fight. Remember that egging incident and he went in all fists like a champion boxer. It wasn’t that long ago so must have been well in his sixties. 

Your memory is embellishing that a little bit there mind Onesy, as I recall it he punched like a girl...! Certainly no Rocky Balboa...! ;)

Didn't his pal Kinnock chin some cunt in a restaurant toilet...?

XYY

46 minutes ago, One percent said:

IMO almost all NHS advice is done just to keep the numbers of people visiting their GPs down.

But at the same time we're told we need mass unlimited immigration to keep the NHS running, so if we all live healthy lifestyles and don't need hospitals, we're actually doing immigrants out of a job, which is racist.

Or something.

Your memory is embellishing that a little bit there mind Onesy, as I recall it he punched like a girl...! Certainly no Rocky Balboa...! ;)

XYY

Took on two blokes outside a restaurant IIRC.

XYY

Well he can probably punch better than 99 percent of politicians. I don’t remember the kinnock one. 

Just now, One percent said:

Well he can probably punch better than 99 percent of politicians. I don’t remember the kinnock one. 

About 20 years ago I think, IIRC they were drunken hooray henries who were having a go at him and Lady Kinnock in a restaurant, seem to recall he punched one and the other legged it.

If a non-lefty politician had done it it would probably have been a bigger story.

2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

About 20 years ago I think, IIRC they were drunken hooray henries who were having a go at him and Lady Kinnock in a restaurant, seem to recall he punched one and the other legged it.

If a non-lefty politician had done it it would probably have been a bigger story.

I didn’t like kinnock. Thought he was completely out to feather his own nest. Al least though he had working class roots. How many of today’s politicians can make that claim?  There are a few women but they seem to be in it for completely the wrong reasons 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

For some reason I seem to remember it being featured on some TV show, where an impressionist did his voice over an on-screen quote featured in the press that ended "...so I took him in the toilets and beat the shit out him!"

But I could be wrong...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Just now, The XYY Man said:

For some reason I seem to remember it being featured on some TV show, where an impressionist did his voice over an on-screen quote featured in the press that ended "...so I took him in the toilets and beat the shit out him!"

But I could be wrong...

XYY

You might be right. All I can remember is him saying 'You have to go for the big one first'.

Which isn't actually correct according to my unarmed combat training. You go for the one nearest to your point of escape and hit him so that his falling body blocks the other from getting at you.