• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

1000s might die in Europe in "heatwave from hell"

Recommended Posts

Crumbs:
 

Quote

 

Authorities have urged children and older people to stay indoors and issued severe warnings against dehydration and heatstroke as an unprecedented week-long heatwave begins its advance across continental Europe.

Meteorologists said temperatures would reach or even exceed 40C from Spain to Switzerland as hot air was sucked up from the Sahara by the combination of a storm stalling over the Atlantic and high pressure over central Europe.

High humidity meant it would feel like 47C, experts warned. “El infierno [hell] is coming,” tweeted the TV meteorologist Silvia Laplana in Spain, where the AEMET weather service forecast temperatures of 42C by Thursday in the Ebro, Tagus, Guadiana and Guadalquivir valleys and warned of an “extreme risk” of forest fires.

 

 

Meanwhile in Cornwall, surrounded by the chilly Atlantic, temperatures are forecats to hit a peak of 22 degrees :o on Thursday before dropping back to a steady 18 or 19 next week. 

Maybe I don't need the cardigan :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Crumbs:
 

 

Meanwhile in Cornwall, surrounded by the chilly Atlantic, temperatures are forecats to hit a peak of 22 degrees :o on Thursday before dropping back to a steady 18 or 19 next week. 

Maybe I don't need the cardigan :)

 

No man under the age of at least 75 needs a cardigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spunko said:

I was in 47c heat in Death Valley. To be honest once it goes above about 37c it's bloody unpleasant regardless. 

Hottest I've been was stopping for petrol in needles California midday in August. Ridiculous. I googled and it holds a number of climate records.

Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me. 

Think it was 45c or so. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needles,_California

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SNACR said:

No man under the age of at least 75 needs a cardigan.

I don't really have one; my knitwear was consumed by moths a couple of years ago and since then I haven't bought any to make sure that all of their eggs are dead and I won't end up with holes in them if I buy them again.

They, including the cardie, were M&S lambswool which looks and feels geat but is like sweeties to clothes moths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ccc said:

Hottest I've been was stopping for petrol in needles California midday in August. Ridiculous. I googled and it holds a number of climate records.

Why anyone would want to live there is beyond me. 

Think it was 45c or so. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needles,_California

 

7 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

Hottest 47C Marakesh. Close to 0 humidity

Worst...near Mekong River Laos.

38C 98 percent humidity.

Fungal infection everywhere.

Plus sodding day time Mozzies..Dengue fever...a fucker.

 

Aw, here we go - another DOSBODs one-upmanship contest...!

I'm sure some cunt on here will have been the co-pilot on the top-secret manned flight to fucking Mercury...!

One small step for a DOSBODder...

;)

 

XYY

 

Edited by The XYY Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Aw, here we go - another DOSBODs one-upmanship contest...!

I'm sure some cunt on here will have been the co-pilot on the top-secret manned flight to fucking Mercury...!

One small step for a DOSBODder...

;)

 

XYY

Its a challenge.

Havent lived through that shit not to go for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate uncomfortable temperatures. Most people have heating for cold weather, but the hot, humid weather and not being able to sleep is something I cannot handle, it gets me proper stressed. I have air conditioning in my bedroom now. Not proper Dosbods I know but it is heaven. Only cost about £1K to put in, but I hate turning it on until it is this stifling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kwyjibo said:

I hate uncomfortable temperatures. Most people have heating for cold weather, but the hot, humid weather and not being able to sleep is something I cannot handle, it gets me proper stressed. I have air conditioning in my bedroom now. Not proper Dosbods I know but it is heaven. Only cost about £1K to put in, but I hate turning it on until it is this stifling.

I'm not fishing for location but you do live in the UK right?

I suppose I could have done with it on maybe twenty nights when I lived in central London.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kwyjibo said:

I hate uncomfortable temperatures. Most people have heating for cold weather, but the hot, humid weather and not being able to sleep is something I cannot handle, it gets me proper stressed. I have air conditioning in my bedroom now. Not proper Dosbods I know but it is heaven. Only cost about £1K to put in, but I hate turning it on until it is this stifling.

I'm exactly the same mate.

Thankfully on such rare occasions that the North-East hits such dizzy heights, Mrs XYY blows her breath over a bowl of iced-water in my general direction - while squirting butane gas on my gonads...!

Does the trick every time...

;)

 

XYY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm not fishing for location but you do live in the UK right?

I suppose I could have done with it on maybe twenty nights when I lived in central London.

Yep, near Peterborough. My flat has south facing windows to the living room and bedroom which gives me the added bonus of heating up until the sun goes down, and then holding on to it for fun even with the windows open. A nightime temp of 11 will still have it at 18 in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kwyjibo said:

Yep, near Peterborough. My flat has south facing windows to the living room and bedroom which gives me the added bonus of heating up until the sun goes down, and then holding on to it for fun even with the windows open. A nightime temp of 11 will still have it at 18 in here.

Fair enough; I rmeember some boiling hot days and nights at Cambridge.

Together with some bloody freezing ones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Snap.

I've been above that abroad but all I do is lay about drinking water and jumping into the sea or pool every half an hour to cool down.

Me too Francis.

I got a minor sun-stroke in fucking Paignton back in 2003...!

;)

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Who dies in these heat waves? Mostly old biddys I'm guessing, freeing up lots of 3 / 4 bed suburban houses in the process...

Flats in Paris. 20,000 died over August 2003 when all the French go to the seaside for weeks on end and they were only found when caretakers and people came back and the flats were smelling bad. They put the bodies in the Fridges of the Rungis meat market until the bodies were claimed, only the stingy French gadgies were too tight fisted to pay the storage costs so they ended up selling them all to Spanghero and they were turned into oven ready meals.

Or something.

Edited by Dave Bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

 

 

Aw, here we go - another DOSBODs one-upmanship contest...!

I'm sure some cunt on here will have been the co-pilot on the top-secret manned flight to fucking Mercury...!

One small step for a DOSBODder...

;)

 

XYY

 

I'm waiting for the 48c :Jumping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.