• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Rare Bear

Does anyone know how to remove all payment methods from Amazon?

21 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

The bastards keep trying to sign me up for Prime.

Yes they do, and then it's difficult to unsubscribe. Does my head in.....

They got me with a free delivery deal that as far as I recall said nowt about prime until I noticed it on my bank statement. It was a right fuck on getting my money back.

Bastards...

XYY

They've also hidden the free delivery option recently when spending over £20. Got to be careful, if you click "standard" thinking that is the free one you will be stung with delivery fees. Tricksy bastards! 

I have always been OK with being an amazon customer, right from the days when they only did books and it was USA only. Until now when they do all this accidentally prime stuff. Even though I am alert and on the lookout for it I STILL for caught signing up to prime last week. 

Also their deliveries in my area (nth Dorset) are horrendous.

Having also been a victim of fraud on ebay back in Jan, where a card was left as an auto payment method, i resent that Amazon auto store your card when you make a payment.

Have to go back and manually remove it.

Not bought from Amazon for months as a consequence.

Also as a seller on Ebay, their new templates are 100% designed to dupe you out of cash when you list.

Seek alternatives.

1 hour ago, 201p said:

Don't forget your card has an expiry date, so it will lapse anyway

Haven't had this problem with Amazon myself but many are complaining.

One way of solving not being able to remove a card is to enter an old card number and expiry date that has expired, then delete the existing card.

(I'm told that works.)

Posted (edited)

I had exactly the same problem being signed up to Prime without being aware of it a few months back (and there was a thread on it).

I avoid Amazon as much as I can.

Edited by Happy Renting

Posted (edited)

I'll go against the consensus here ...

But then I do have prime, I watch Prime TV probably more than Netflix, we listen to Free Prime Music on our phones, I pay for a single device for Amazon unlimited on, yes I have an Echo :) I also get free next day delivery.

The thing to realise when buying from Amazon is most items are not sold by Amazon, even prime delivery items are often fullfilled by 3rd party sellers. But if you are buying from Amazon the next day delivery has never let me down.

I get it half price, I think i'm now 4 years in to my Mature Student Medical degree ;)

Edited by snaga

6 hours ago, snaga said:

I'll go against the consensus here ...

But then I do have prime, I watch Prime TV probably more than Netflix, we listen to Free Prime Music on our phones, I pay for a single device for Amazon unlimited on, yes I have an Echo :) I also get free next day delivery.

The thing to realise when buying from Amazon is most items are not sold by Amazon, even prime delivery items are often fullfilled by 3rd party sellers. But if you are buying from Amazon the next day delivery has never let me down.

I get it half price, I think i'm now 4 years in to my Mature Student Medical degree ;)

Thats all well and good but their local delivery "agents" round my way are a bunch of hoons.

Loads of people on my town FB group having issues recently. I had problems with them 6 months ago. Nothing arrived properly and i was home all the time.

Currently unusable.

2 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Thats all well and good but their local delivery "agents" round my way are a bunch of hoons.

Loads of people on my town FB group having issues recently. I had problems with them 6 months ago. Nothing arrived properly and i was home all the time.

Currently unusable.

is that just amazon deliveries? or do other deliveries have problems? our postie is great, he leaves stuff locked in our gas meter box and Amazon deliveries are fine, always leaving items with a neighbour or in our safe space.

1 minute ago, snaga said:

is that just amazon deliveries? or do other deliveries have problems? our postie is great, he leaves stuff locked in our gas meter box and Amazon deliveries are fine, always leaving items with a neighbour or in our safe space.

Post is fine.

Even Hermes is fine.

DPD et al are fine.

Amazons people are often freelancers in a white van,  and most of them dont like dogs if you catch my drift. My stuff has been left in about 3 different places and ive had to go on a treasure hunt to find it.

Totally shit service. Prime or otherwise.

VIRTUAL ASSISTANT Alexa told a customer he was a “s**thead” after he asked it to play some music.

Michael Slade, 29 was shocking to hear his Amazon Echo Dot call him the rude name a day after he had cancelled his Prime subscription.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9390172/alexa-insults-man-cancelled-amazon-prime-subscription/