• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

My kind of pub

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7183991/Pub-bans-running-demands-youngsters-remain-seated-parent-times.html

A pub landlord has been branded 'ridiculous' over a strict new set of rules which insist children stay at their tables at all times and do not 'roam free' in his pub.

The controversial new rules have appeared on a laminated poster on the pub's notice board and behind the bar, and apply to children all the way up to the age of 18.

The poster insists children must be sat at a table with an adult at all times, whether dining or not, and prohibits 'free roaming, running, scootering, or climbing'.

It also states those under the age of 10 are not allowed on the premises after 6pm, and children aged 10 to 16 can only stay beyond 7pm when having a meal.

👏👏👏👏👏

Just now, MrPin said:

I don't mind children in pubs at lunchtimes, but in the evening after a certain time, all women and children should go home.

What, even the barmaid with the big tits...?

A pub ain't a pub without a Bet Lynch character behind the bar...

XYY

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7183991/Pub-bans-running-demands-youngsters-remain-seated-parent-times.html

A pub landlord has been branded 'ridiculous' over a strict new set of rules which insist children stay at their tables at all times and do not 'roam free' in his pub.

The controversial new rules have appeared on a laminated poster on the pub's notice board and behind the bar, and apply to children all the way up to the age of 18.

The poster insists children must be sat at a table with an adult at all times, whether dining or not, and prohibits 'free roaming, running, scootering, or climbing'.

It also states those under the age of 10 are not allowed on the premises after 6pm, and children aged 10 to 16 can only stay beyond 7pm when having a meal.

👏👏👏👏👏

How does that even need to be said?

Posted (edited)

The Wykeham arms in Winchester, probably the most famous pub in Winchester, does not allow children in it at all!! Mind you, that leaves more room For the college and cathedral twats..

Edited by Popuplights
So.

12 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

The Wykeham arms in Winchester, probably the most famous pub in Winchester, does not allow children in it at all!! Mind you, that leaves more too. For the college and cathedral twats..

Even I thought that place was too full of braying poshos. Used to do a mean rack of lamb though.

3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Good for him,  I hope it works out well.

We have kids so we go to kid friendly pubs.

I can totally understand other people might not want that same experience..  just a quiet “grown-ups” pub with no annoying little shits running around the place.

Why are the media so adamant that everything needs to be identical, inclusive and conformist?

Surely variety is the spice of life?

It’s the badly behaved kids that are the problem with the idiot parents saying, “oh tarquin and Chardonnay, don’t do that” as the kids run riot and scream at the top of their voices 

37 minutes ago, One percent said:

👏👏👏👏👏

Who wants to take drugs around kids anyway? It is a definite buzz-kill being surrounded by innocence and I'd rather not be party to corrupting the young. Leave me and my mates alone with our drugs. The children should go play outside.

Cask, opposite Manchester Museum of Science and Industry. Lets you take fish and chips in from the chippy five yards away. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

The Wykeham arms in Winchester, probably the most famous pub in Winchester, does not allow children in it at all!! Mind you, that leaves more room For the college and cathedral twats..

Only place I've ever sent food back. Used to be so good back in the day!

1 hour ago, Malthus said:

http://www.bobstewarts.co.uk/

This one is more of restaurant these days but no under 18’s as operating under a pub licence. 

Good food ,beer and no brats highly recommended 

Noted, will put this down as a place to try when I'm in the area

Edited by A_P

1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

I strayed into, and swiftly out of, the Wetherspoons there late the other night and it was surprisingly rough and replete with a pair of bouncers on steroids.

Just now, SNACR said:

I strayed into, and swiftly out of, the Wetherspoons there late the other night and it was surprisingly rough and replete with a pair of bouncers on steroids.

No pallets allowed?

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

Good for him,  I hope it works out well.

We have kids so we go to kid friendly pubs.

I can totally understand other people might not want that same experience..  just a quiet “grown-ups” pub with no annoying little shits running around the place.

Why are the media so adamant that everything needs to be identical, inclusive and conformist?

Surely variety is the spice of life?

Yep.

Like having dog free beaches and beaches where they can be off the lead.

Everyone can choose to which they go so everyone can be happy.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yep.

Like having dog free beaches and beaches where they can be off the lead.

Everyone can choose to which they go so everyone can be happy.

I like the thought that you Frank, want to make people happy. You are a Messiah of sorts.O.o

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

Who wants to take drugs around kids anyway? It is a definite buzz-kill being surrounded by innocence and I'd rather not be party to corrupting the young. Leave me and my mates alone with our drugs. The children should go play outside.

Also, children sometimes get in the way of the strippers.

1 minute ago, Happy Renting said:

Also, children sometimes get in the way of the strippers.

Maybe the kids could get their kit off too, for half a lager, not that I'm suggesting anything of course Bishop?

Was once told off in a boozer coz I swore a few times. This "pub" had turned into more of a crèche than a boozer. 

Hamilton's in Edinburgh Stockbridge. Unless it's changed drastically - never give them your money. 

Posted (edited)
On 26/06/2019 at 19:39, ccc said:

Was once told off in a boozer coz I swore a few times. This "pub" had turned into more of a crèche than a boozer. 

Hamilton's in Edinburgh Stockbridge. Unless it's changed drastically - never give them your money. 

Most the "pubs" round here have been turned into glorified creches for middle class wankers and their children. Then it's £5 for an overhopped "artisinal" ale severed by some 30 year old 8 stone skinny jean wearing tosser who acts like he's doing you a favour. Only topics you're allowed to talk about are house prices, banksy or how trump is a bad man.

Worse thing is all these twats will then stop going to these overpriced shit holes and start going to my pubs after they get fed up paying £5 a pint. After awhile these pubs then get taken over and turned into another gentrified tosser place and so it continues.

Edited by gibbon

30 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Most the "pubs" round here have been turned into glorified creches for middle class wankers and their children. Then it's £5 for an overhopped "artisinal" ale severed by some 30 year old 8 stone skinny jean wearing tosser who acts like he's doing you a favour. Only topics you're allowed to talk about are house prices, banksy or how trump is a bad man.

Worse thing is all these twats will then stop going to these overpriced shit holes and start going to my pubs after they get fed up paying £5 a pint. After awhile these pubs then get taken over and turned into another gentrified tosser place and so it continues.

I was on the lash in Oxford recently and was quite pleased to see that the majority of old-school pubs had stayed as just that. 

The 'trendy' ones looked utterly insufferable, full of teenagers with Victorian moustaches and Christ knows what they must charge for a drink as even the old-school ones were stroke inducingly expensive.

My favourite old local, one that is tucked away and  literally hasn't changed in about 50 years was great to visit. I hadn't been there for about a decade and I walked in to the same landlord and landlady who said 'oh, hello mate, been a while. Pint?'

Superb.

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I was on the lash in Oxford recently and was quite pleased to see that the majority of old-school pubs had stayed as just that. 

The 'trendy' ones looked utterly insufferable, full of teenagers with Victorian moustaches and Christ knows what they must charge for a drink as even the old-school ones were stroke inducingly expensive.

My favourite old local, one that is tucked away and  literally hasn't changed in about 50 years was great to visit. I hadn't been there for about a decade and I walked in to the same landlord and landlady who said 'oh, hello mate, been a while. Pint?'

Superb.

Is that the one with loads of old school ties on the wall?