• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

London is a Shithole

Shithole confirmed. If it wasn't for my wife who needs to stay here due to her job, we'd be out of here in a heartbeat.

I'd rather go on the dole than live in London. Genuinely.

20 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Shithole confirmed. If it wasn't for my wife who needs to stay here due to her job, we'd be out of here in a heartbeat.

What bothers me most is that people from overseas such as yourself find our capital city to be a shithole. I'm becoming embarrassed to be from England when overseas (which is different from being English). 

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'd rather go on the dole than live in London. Genuinely.

What bothers me most is that people from overseas such as yourself find our capital city to be a shithole. I'm becoming embarrassed to be from England when overseas (which is different from being English). 

My perception might be skewed by the fact that I work in Camden and live (for now) on a council estate in Haringeystan. My move to Southgate cannot come soon enough, even though my rent will go up by 40%.

Anyway, I love how green it is and there's enough places of cultural interest to make your head spin, but in order to make it even remotely habitable you'd have to cut population in half and be quite selective when doing so.

9 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Birmingham is the same. Hoping to visit neither ever again. I expect Manchester isn't far behind either 

Unfashionably, I will big up Birmingham, much nicer than is rumoured.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m sat in central London typing this. Surrounded by parks, it is a veritable oasis. There are still some nice parts 

Yes but as soon as you go a mile away from westminster your in londonistan, barely recognizable as being in this country.

Yay... yet another thread about how much of a shithole London is by a bunch of people who have no interest in going there... and for the most part haven't been in donkeys years so don't even have an educated or informed opinion of the place.

4 minutes ago, gilf said:

Yay... yet another thread about how much of a shithole London is by a bunch of people who have no interest in going there... and for the most part haven't been in donkeys years so don't even have an educated or informed opinion of the place.

I've lived in/around London for 20 years. It's becoming unrecognisable. how's that?

8 minutes ago, gilf said:

I was last there in 2013. I thought it was less crowded and whiter than during the 80's.

49 minutes ago, SirGaz said:

Oh dear. 

I'm going on a pub crawl in Whitechapel on the 12th.

I won't be wearing my rolex 😀

This could also have gone on the other thread.

43 minutes ago, gilf said:

No interest? Au contraire, I love going to central London to ogle the history and buildings. As a city, it's pretty crap though once you're outside of the square mile.

You don't need to go to London to see how far it has fallen, just use Google Maps. The amount of litter in itself is pretty shocking.

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Unfashionably, I will big up Birmingham, much nicer than is rumoured.

Solihull is OK, but horrendous to get to from the north. Derby positively surprised me on my last visit. Sheffield in that nice spot of having improved but still off the radar. A bit like Leeds five or ten years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

You do know what all those places have in common? Well, apart from not being in Birmingham in the case of Dorridge and Sutton Coldfield.

Only just outside.

I had to chuckle at the Alan  Partridge clip in the Paul Watson video where Partridge calls London a 'Sh*thole'.

I suspect that is Coogan and his writers having a sly dig at the kind of non-metropolitan-elite ghastly folk who don't like London...