• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
steppensheep

Does this look like a dodgy shopping site?

http://www.smokingrocketrecruitment.co.uk/K2-V02-100-X-Pro-Mens-Inline-Skates-Sports/p_5989/

The skates listed are about a fifth of the price of elsewhere. They seem to have some cheap running shoes as well, although I'm not familiar enough to say how they compare with the market.

Weird URL name, possibly related to "smoking rocket" which seems to be a website designer for relatively modest organisations including shopping sites. Shop name presumably is "Mercer Couny" but doesn't feature very prominently. Should there be info on head office, incorporation and stuff somewhere?

Hmmm...

ABOUT US

We are proud of the quality and consistency of the product and service we provide to our customers and we are here to make your online shopping experience excellent. On our online store, there is a great authentic selection for your best goods from the online store. With many years of experience in the direct relationship with the manufacturer's supplier and our customers, we always show our profession and our passion so that you can feel better when you shop here.

All orders are treated with the utmost care to meet the needs. Our customers appreciate the importance of your purchase, which is why we only sell new, unopened, unused products that order us directly from the manufacturer. Our customers expect, and will always receive, the high quality product when ordering with us. Our goal is to provide our customers the right products at the right price, delivered in time for us to do our utmost to provide you with such information before finalizing your purchase. When you shop with us, you just need to know that your satisfaction is what counts and perfection is the only theme of our business.

We have a powerful customer service team that keeps an eye on the entire sales process. Each order will be carefully packed and detached within 24 hours for the customer. The team is always ready and happy to help you, resolve your returns and replace, and listen to your complaints. Our service team sticks to its guideline A little help and advice goes. xD

astray?

missing?

for a Burton?

away?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, dgul said:

Fantasic!  I've just bought a carbon bike for £2.93!

I just spent £25 on getting my rear bike wheel (new axle +bearings)...could have got a new damn bike for 33...

http://www.smokingrocketrecruitment.co.uk/LOUIS-GARNEAU-Garibaldi-G3-Mens-Road-Bike-Sports/p_4922/

Pretty darn cheap. 

Edited by PatronizingGit

I’ve encountered similar websites to that one when looking for a specific item. The item is at a rock bottom price, no contact details etc.

If it looks too good to be true it’s most likely dodgy. Avoid.

Had a friend last year pop round to ask me if the Lenovo laptop - that normally costs about £1500 - was a genuine sale on some website where he had found it for sale for £495. The photo was of a Thinkpad but the description was for a cheap Lenovo phone worth about £120.

I suspect lots of people bought themselves a very over-priced phone.

Posted (edited)

those led tongs should be up for some kind of award, ive often thought while im BBQ'ing in the middle of the night in the middle of winter that i could do with a pair of LED tongs to see what im doing, now ive got my £2.93 bike though i might strap the led tongs to the handle bars and go for a night ride instead of BBQ'ing all night.

Ps. i see they also like to BBQ with no flames or heat as well, i wonder if the led light is powerful enough to  cook those sweets they are roasting up.

Edited by leonardratso

1 hour ago, 201p said:

Network 3 has barred me from visiting it from my mobile phone citing it as an adult site. So I would not buy anything from there!

Mine did the same sayingenter credit card details lol

21 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Ps. i see they also like to BBQ with no flames or heat as well, i wonder if the led light is powerful enough to  cook those sweets they are roasting up.

You could light the BBQ and use the flames to see how burnt everything is. o.O

How about inventing a torch with an LED light on it so you can see where you put it when it's dark?

2 hours ago, Snark said:

Money laundering is my bet.

When  I Used e bay a bit more I thought similar.

I would be looking for any  everyday item....lets say average price 20 quid...tons at that price for that item ..fair price ect.

Then on occassion I would reverse the filter to most expensive item first.

Then this mundane easily available item at 20 notes turns up with a few listings at 10k.

Alpols. No ready examples as I dont use e bay as much.

Not sure if its still going on but money laundering crossed my mind.

The site on this thread has BS written all over it.

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

those led tongs should be up for some kind of award, ive often thought while im BBQ'ing in the middle of the night in the middle of winter that i could do with a pair of LED tongs to see what im doing, now ive got my £2.93 bike though i might strap the led tongs to the handle bars and go for a night ride instead of BBQ'ing all night.

ramadam goat

Could it be just some sort of test/demo/template that the web developer built? it seems too much work for a scam that presumably(?) would get closed down as soon as it got found out.

11 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Could it be just some sort of test/demo/template that the web developer built? it seems too much work for a scam that presumably(?) would get closed down as soon as it got found out.

It's a good passive income for the crooks and who is really regulating this anyway?  It's not like bricks and mortar retail.

I particularly like the way that they try to get you to pay three times for products that don't exist in the first place.

6. Q:

What should I do if I am getting an error when I pay with my credit card?

A:

If you are trying to checkout using credit card as your payment method but receiving an error, please go back and place an order again, your previous orders placed without payment should be cancelled within 24 hours. Please check with your credit card company to verify that your card is in good standing, if your three orders or more did not go through, please contact us for assistance xD

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I particularly like the way that they try to get you to pay three times

That does look pretty damning.

I know internet fraud exists, but it just seems too strange. Or too ordinary. Surely if it's that easy, there should be zillions of similar sites? They must be getting closed down somehow.