• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

Love is like a butterfly

Just Youtubed a very old episode of butterflies to watch with my son. He actually laughed at times. I then binge watched a few more.

If you are over 45, look them up. If only for the nostalgia.

If you are under 45 then take a look to see what life was like just a generation ago.

And I never realised quite what a showcase for Wendy Craig's acting skills they were. More like a one person play in parts than a sitcom.

Even further back, in the Early 70s, Craig starred in And Mother Makes Three ( later stretched to Five). She was a huge star back then, she opened Matlock Bath Illuminations and I remember a scrum just for her autograph. 

13 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Even further back, in the Early 70s, Craig starred in And Mother Makes Three ( later stretched to Five). She was a huge star back then, she opened Matlock Bath Illuminations and I remember a scrum just for her autograph. 

Matlock Bath Illuminations? Was that supposed to be ironic or do they actually believe they're the seaside?

9 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Just Youtubed a very old episode of butterflies to watch with my son. He actually laughed at times. I then binge watched a few more.

If you are over 45, look them up. If only for the nostalgia.

If you are under 45 then take a look to see what life was like just a generation ago.

And I never realised quite what a showcase for Wendy Craig's acting skills they were. More like a one person play in parts than a sitcom.

They were showing them on the Drama channel about 12 months back and I watched them all then. I really enjoyed it. 

44 minutes ago, eight said:

Matlock Bath Illuminations? Was that supposed to be ironic or do they actually believe they're the seaside?

When you're 90 miles from the sea you have to make do with the River Derwent and in every other respect it's just as trashy barring the scenery.balloon.jpg.0d86413bfa7ef5b09f6eb245528eef8d.jpg

My mum being my mum,  would watch Wendy Craig having a dump.

That 90s boob girl - Suranne Jones gets afforded the same respect.

Anything, no matter how shit telly, she'll watch them.

She met Wendy Craig in Scabby when they were filming - by accident. She still goes on and on and on about it.

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

She met Wendy Craig in Scabby when they were filming - by accident. She still goes on and on and on about it.

Did I mention the time I saw Wendy Craig in a church cemetery near Maidenhead?

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

My mum being my mum,  would watch Wendy Craig having a dump.

That 90s boob girl - Suranne Jones gets afforded the same respect.

Anything, no matter how shit telly, she'll watch them.

<Snacr Mode on>

I can't imagine anyone from your family repeating themselves.

<Snacr Mode off>

Runs away sniggering like Mutley in full knowledge that this is also a case of pot and kettle..........

4 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Did I mention the time I saw Wendy Craig in a church cemetery near Maidenhead?

She used to live in Darlo; I used to see her all the time when I was a kid.

Thread hijack. Went on a Google journey, Wendy Craig to mother makes three where one of her children was in 'double deckers'. Now that was classy kids entertainment.

6 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Thread hijack. Went on a Google journey, Wendy Craig to mother makes three where one of her children was in 'double deckers'. Now that was classy kids entertainment.

Quite fancied Gillian Bailey at the time, "Billie" the oldest girl...she must have been twice my age.

I see a few years back she wanted to know what her unseen audience were doing and did they reenact the scenes. I guess she wouldn't want to know some six year old boy had a crush on her and sod the play acting.:/

https://www.thedoubledeckers.com/gilliannew.htm

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Quite fancied Gillian Bailey at the time, "Billie" the oldest girl...she must have been twice my age.

I see a few years back she wanted to know what her unseen audience were doing and did they reenact the scenes. I guess she wouldn't want to know some six year old boy had a crush on her and sod the play acting.:/

Same here!  Though I must have been more than 6 as it must have been repeated. I was probably  a mature 8 or 9 year old.

Edited by NewryH
Repeated

I remember watching this which must have been on repeat as I  wasn't born when it first came out. Although it doesn't seem to have stood the test of time as I found the 1st video posted not particularly funny. Maybe it is my millennial ways. Give me Keeping Up Appearances or One Foot In The Grave any day!

14 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

I have very vague memories of the double deckers. I must have been repeated during the 70s.

Looking at the youtube, whats striking is the production quality/spend, very high for a kids programme. I guess they were trying to get some The Monkees money. Of course, that money was wasted as Id have watched it on a crap BnW portable.

As far as kid crushes go, first one i remember would have been after seeing jaws 2 and having a massive per-boner for one of the girls.

Ive only recently found out its Donna WIlkes. She seems to have stuck in semi-prepubescent for a decade, allowing her to put out jailbait-sh titles Fyre and Angel, whilst being 18+.