• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Anglepoise

When Boris went to Glastonbury

Posted (edited)

29 years ago, Boris Johnson went to Glastonbury Festival with Billy Bragg. It looks like a silly 'culture-clash' piece for Newsnight or similar. Imagine that today- he's need armed guards. Makes me think how the left have got so much more intolerant in the last few decades.

Edit - just noticed; Boris wasn't an MP then- was still Editor at the Spectator. 

Edited by Anglepoise

I don't think Mr Johnson was that well known back then was he? Plus in the pre-internet era it was more difficult for snowflakes to know who was 'in' and who was 'out'.

If you look at how Heseltine was treated in the 80s by lefty students you'll see they were just as vicious back then.

The last time I went to Glastonbury, I woke up to the news that the UK had voted to leave the EU.

I only saw 2 people out of the 140,000 odd all weekend who were happy with that.

One was myself (in the mirror I used to insufflate a celebratory line of columbian marching powder from) and the other was some pissed up legend singing "Rule Brittania" draped in a union Jack flag. He was being roundly booed and verbally assaulted by the hoards of lefty crusty bellends who frequent the festival. For some reason, Glastonbury festival goers love the EU

I just can't bring myself to go any more because of the SJW/lefty bent - BBC all over it, Guardian all over it.  Corbyn, Billy Bragg, Tom Watson, no fucking thanks.

Posted (edited)

He was down here yesterday - didn't see any need for security. 

They say he was here to Meet Bob Sealy - but I think he may have been here secretly visiting another well known resident.

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Edited by Wight Flight

8 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

He was down here yesterday - didn't see any need for security. 

They say he was here to Meet Bob Sealy - but I think he may have been here secretly visiting another well known resident.

Has he got another woman there too?

15 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

No. Most of our women are more suitable for Macron.

Eurggh, Icky

Seeing the picture of Boris infront the the Union flag doors, I see he shares the Trump's 'thumbs up', although in a slighlty more agressive / ebullient style.

Posted (edited)

29 years ago would be 1990 and M Thatcher was still in power.

Maybe he wasn't a full on Thatcher supporter and in those days that might be interpreted as a bit leftyish.  Maybe - and he was only 26.

It was a few years before PC, diversity, tax credits and entitlement etc as well

Also a few years before the law changes to accommodate the SJWs including bans on free speech etc.

There were still proper pubs then and not such a clamp down on smoking tobacco.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, Anglepoise said:

29 years ago, Boris Johnson went to Glastonbury Festival with Billy Bragg. It looks like a silly 'culture-clash' piece for Newsnight or similar. Imagine that today- he's need armed guards. Makes me think how the left have got so much more intolerant in the last few decades.

Edit - just noticed; Boris wasn't an MP then- was still Editor at the Spectator. 

Was he right @ 1m-28s ?

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I don't think Mr Johnson was that well known back then was he? Plus in the pre-internet era it was more difficult for snowflakes to know who was 'in' and who was 'out'.

If you look at how Heseltine was treated in the 80s by lefty students you'll see they were just as vicious back then.

29 years ago was around about the time when the Tory party were cracking down on new age travellers and people going to raves ... thus the leftys then were the ones who werent the snowflakes, it was those complaining about people having a good time and wanting freedom that were the snowflakes.

How things change.